NFC East is up for Grabs

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
As bad as things have gone this season, the Cowboys are now only 2 games behind the Giants and Commanders in the NFC east (all teams have a losing record). Watching this NYG/WAS game today shows that we are every bit as good or better than these teams, and have just as much claim to win the division as they do. In a normal year, this would not be the case, but this is the hand we were dealt. No reason to give up now. Screw draft pick position.

Eli Manning is BRUTAL.
The Skins are BRUTAL.
Philly is worse than both of them,
and Cassel has improved each week. The guy is a good Quarterback, and has led two teams to the playoffs. I know we CAN do this, and is more than feasible mathematically. It is the same as being 7-4 and trying to catch a 9-2 division leader... has happened MANY times.

The Giants will lose to Carolina, and probably will lose to the Vikings and Jets and maybe even the Dolphins... the only likely win I see for them is Philly. GIANTS record 6-10, maybe 7-9

Skins will likely finish 6-10 / 7-9 as well... with that in mind, us going 4-1 or 5-0 is NOT out of the realm.

We happen to play the Skins twice (and have swept them many times over the years, including when we sucked)... winning both of those will give us the division tiebreaker (4-2 division record), and we can beat the Packers (playing terrible right now, just lost to the bears AT Green Bay), and can very well beat the Jets and Bills.

Stranger things have happened, and we are not as bad as our record would indicate... we have been in every game we lost, except the Patriots and Carolina... and without the two pick sixes vs. Carolina, that is a VERY close game. We basically held them to 5 FGs.

All in all, we have a legitimate shot.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
As bad as things have gone this season, the Cowboys are now only 2 games behind the Giants and Commanders in the NFC east (all teams have a losing record). Watching this NYG/WAS game today shows that we are every bit as good or better than these teams, and have just as much claim to win the division as they do. In a normal year, this would not be the case, but this is the hand we were dealt. No reason to give up now. Screw draft pick position.

Eli Manning is BRUTAL.
The Skins are BRUTAL.
Philly is worse than both of them,
and Cassel has improved each week. The guy is a good Quarterback, and has led two teams to the playoffs. I know we CAN do this, and is more than feasible mathematically. It is the same as being 7-4 and trying to catch a 9-2 division leader... has happened MANY times.

The Giants will lose to Carolina, and probably will lose to the Vikings and Jets and maybe even the Dolphins... the only likely win I see for them is Philly. GIANTS record 6-10, maybe 7-9

Skins will likely finish 6-10 / 7-9 as well... with that in mind, us going 4-1 or 5-0 is NOT out of the realm.

We happen to play the Skins twice (and have swept them many times over the years, including when we sucked)... winning both of those will give us the division tiebreaker (4-2 division record), and we can beat the Packers (playing terrible right now, just lost to the bears AT Green Bay), and can very well beat the Jets and Bills.

Stranger things have happened, and we are not as bad as our record would indicate... we have been in every game we lost, except the Patriots and Carolina... and without the two pick sixes vs. Carolina, that is a VERY close game. We basically held them to 5 FGs.

All in all, we have a legitimate shot.

Whooooooooo? Is going to win games for us under center?

tomsanders921

Reaction score
We are not better than the other teams in the division. They are bad but we are worse. Now we have no qb for the rest of the year.

If the Giants lose next weekend though, we could be a win against the skins on Monday night from being within one game. Unbelievable. But I don't see this team beating the skins

romothesavior

Reaction score
If we had Romo we would still have a shot. But Cassell ain't leading this team to the playoffs, and we would get steamrolled in the first round.

landroverking

Reaction score
I don't want to win the division even if we could. We'd have no chance in the playoffs. I'd rather get a top 5 pick than get beat 50-3 in the playoffs. Now, if we still had Romo, I'd be all for it.

I'm all in. But Matt needs to win the next game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
As bad as things have gone this season, the Cowboys are now only 2 games behind the Giants and Commanders in the NFC east (all teams have a losing record). Watching this NYG/WAS game today shows that we are every bit as good or better than these teams, and have just as much claim to win the division as they do. In a normal year, this would not be the case, but this is the hand we were dealt. No reason to give up now. Screw draft pick position. Eli Manning is BRUTAL. The Skins are BRUTAL. Philly is worse than both of them, and Cassel has improved each week. The guy is a good Quarterback, and has led two teams to the playoffs. I know we CAN do this, and is more than feasible mathematically. It is the same as being 7-4 and trying to catch a 9-2 division leader... has happened MANY times. The Giants will lose to Carolina, and probably will lose to the Vikings and Jets and maybe even the Dolphins... the only likely win I see for them is Philly. GIANTS record 6-10, maybe 7-9 Skins will likely finish 6-10 / 7-9 as well... with that in mind, us going 4-1 or 5-0 is NOT out of the realm. We happen to play the Skins twice (and have swept them many times over the years, including when we sucked)... winning both of those will give us the division tiebreaker (4-2 division record), and we can beat the Packers (playing terrible right now, just lost to the bears AT Green Bay), and can very well beat the Jets and Bills. Stranger things have happened, and we are not as bad as our record would indicate... we have been in every game we lost, except the Patriots and Carolina... and without the two pick sixes vs. Carolina, that is a VERY close game. We basically held them to 5 FGs. All in all, we have a legitimate shot.

I don't want it.

Let one of these other teams win it and get knocked out in round 1.

The only thing a playoff birth helps is Jerrys pocket for getting a home playoff game.