NFC East is up for Grabs

black label

Reaction score
As bad as things have gone this season, the Cowboys are now only 2 games behind the Giants and Commanders in the NFC east (all teams have a losing record). Watching this NYG/WAS game today shows that we are every bit as good or better than these teams, and have just as much claim to win the division as they do. In a normal year, this would not be the case, but this is the hand we were dealt. No reason to give up now. Screw draft pick position.

Eli Manning is BRUTAL.
The Skins are BRUTAL.
Philly is worse than both of them,
and Cassel has improved each week. The guy is a good Quarterback, and has led two teams to the playoffs. I know we CAN do this, and is more than feasible mathematically. It is the same as being 7-4 and trying to catch a 9-2 division leader... has happened MANY times.

The Giants will lose to Carolina, and probably will lose to the Vikings and Jets and maybe even the Dolphins... the only likely win I see for them is Philly. GIANTS record 6-10, maybe 7-9

Skins will likely finish 6-10 / 7-9 as well... with that in mind, us going 4-1 or 5-0 is NOT out of the realm.

We happen to play the Skins twice (and have swept them many times over the years, including when we sucked)... winning both of those will give us the division tiebreaker (4-2 division record), and we can beat the Packers (playing terrible right now, just lost to the bears AT Green Bay), and can very well beat the Jets and Bills.

Stranger things have happened, and we are not as bad as our record would indicate... we have been in every game we lost, except the Patriots and Carolina... and without the two pick sixes vs. Carolina, that is a VERY close game. We basically held them to 5 FGs.

All in all, we have a legitimate shot.

15680701.gif

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
If you don't want it, then why be a fan. So you can cheer for a pick on Draft Day???
Lame

So we can get our next franchise QB. I'd rather not see another post-Aikman era than get blown out in the 1st round of the playoffs with Matt Cassel at QB. If that doesn't make me a fan, then so be it.

jgboys1

Reaction score
It is up for grabs for the Giants, Eagles and Commanders, not for the Cowboys. The Cowboys are a poorly coached and disfuctional organization, run by a dillusional, senial, old used car salesman, that enables the inmates to run the asylum.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
This team doesn't have the talent. Period. If this is what is needed to get the next great QB then I'm for it. This isn't some fairytale where Matt friggin Cassell is going to lead us to the promisedland.

So let's all become a fan of a draft pick? No thanks.

And we do have the talent by the way.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you don't want it, then why be a fan. So you can cheer for a pick on Draft Day???
Lame

I cheered for the playoffs when it was realistic we could win it all.

I'm not going to cheer like a homer for a team that has no chance when the worse you do the more rewarded you get on draft day.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
It is up for grabs for the Giants, Eagles and Commanders, not for the Cowboys. The Cowboys are a poorly coached and disfuctional organization, run by a dillusional, senial, old used car salesman, that enables the inmates to run the asylum.

I'd say it's up for grabs between the Giants and Commanders. The Eagles are in as bad a place as we are.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I really don't see why anyone would want us to win out at this point. Even if by some miracle we do win the division, we'd be destroyed in the first round of the playoffs with a backup QB. It's so much smarter to cut our losses and keep losing for a top 5 pick in next summer's Draft. I know it sucks to think that way, but it's just the absolute smart thing to do.

We're not winning the Super Bowl this year, period. There's no sense in ruining our draft position (where we could get a franchise-changing QB or Defensive player) for a couple of moral victories. It makes zero sense.

This.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score

So the 5-6 Giants and the 5-6 Commanders who have had their Starting QB ALL year are SO much better than us?! Seriously?
They both suck, and we can beat them (and did). We beat the Giants WITH Romo, and were 20-20 with seconds to go with Cassel (before the miraculous KO return by Harris lost that game for us)

We sweep the Commanders, and everyone here will have a different tune... am tired of the fair weather fans in here.

Fredd

Reaction score
It's cute that the team can't find a way to win any of the 6 games that they had a lead in the 2nd half (not counting the NE and Car losses), but people in here think all of sudden, since the rest of the NFCE sucks royally, that we will suddenly find a way to win games....

very cute

when reality and the season being over sets in, the NFC may have 4 of the top 10 draft picks, or close to it...pathetic...I want whatever needs to happen to turn over this coaching staff...top to bottom, they are losers...non-thinkers...schlubs (ok, that is a made-up word, but I like it)

Chuck 54

Reaction score
What fans don't realize is that there's no way in hell we are going to use a top 1-4 draft pick on a QB this year. There is no QB coming out who will be rated highly. Maybe we trade down for more picks and use a pick outside of the top 10 on a QB, or we use a 2nd rounder on a project QB.

Our future franchise QB is not in the top 5 picks this year. Sign RGIII to back up Romo for the next 2-3 years and see if you can develop him. No drafted QB at the top of round one this year will help us be a better team the next 3 years.

romothesavior

Reaction score
So the 5-6 Giants and the 5-6 Commanders who have had their Starting QB ALL year are SO much better than us?! Seriously?
They both suck, and we can beat them (and did). We beat the Giants WITH Romo, and were 20-20 with seconds to go with Cassel (before the miraculous KO return by Harris lost that game for us)

We sweep the Commanders, and everyone here will have a different tune... am tired of the fair weather fans in here.

Wanting what's best for the long term health of the organization hardly makes someone a "fair weather fan."

jgboys1

Reaction score

I'll be rooting for the Cowboys right until the end and hope they do win the east but Jerry Jones is the new Al Davis and this franchise is going down the tubes as long as JJ is the GM. I would love to be proved wrong but I don't think I am.

Last edited: