NFC East remaining schedules and likely outcomes

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
Can definitely happen that way... did you see the end of the Packer / Lion game...
proves my point. The lowly 4-7 Lions had the Pack beat. Game was over. Without the 70 yard, ridiculous hail mary from Rodgers to Rodgers, the Pack would be 1-5 their last 6...
OK, so the point is, the Pack can be beat, many teams are doing it, even the Lions.
After we beat the Commanders, we play GB, who are clearly not playing well. They will have a let down after this too... this was an extremely emotional/exhausting game for them.

Good for them though, they didn't give up, they overcame a 20 point deficit, and won it with an amazing hail mary.

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN in the NFL.

Another point... the lowly 4-7 Lions played their heart out. They are definitely not playing for draft pick position... why should we? That thinking will never make sense.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
As a matter of fact, there are dozens of posts of people suggesting that the team tank the rest of the season (on purpose) just for a stupid draft pick.
Put yourself in the player's position, why the heck would you do that to your career just for some random pick 5 months from now?

....And for a player that may take your job on day one.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Another point... the lowly 4-7 Lions played their heart out. They are definitely not playing for draft pick position... why should we? That thinking will never make sense.

Teams don't play to tank. If a team obviously did, they would be ridiculed and possibly even disciplined. Plus, the players themselves have too much pride and competitiveness to just lay down. I'm not saying the Cowboys would or even should "tank." But that doesn't mean that I have to want us to win. As a fan, I either want to win the Super Bowl or get the 1st pick in the draft. If you could convince me that Cassel would light up the league, win the division and beat Brady in the Super Bowl, I'd be all for it. Screw getting a top 5 pick for our next QB if we can win the Super Bowl this year... But that's not gonna happen. And since it's not gonna happen, I'd prefer to get the 1st pick instead of the 15th pick. Does that make me not a fan?

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
Giants remaining schedule 2-3, 7-9 (8-8 at best if they luck out a win over Jets):
L - Jets
W- Dolphins
L - Panthers
L - Vikings
W - Eagles

Commanders remaining schedule 1-4, 6-10 (or if they pull out a win vs. Bears or Bills, 2-3, 7-9):
L - Cowboys
L - Bears
L - Bills
W - Eagles
L - Cowboys

Eagles remaining schedule 0-5, 4-12 (non-factor, even if they luck out 2 wins, they suck):
L - Patriots
L - Bills
L - Cardinals
L - Commanders
L - Giants

Cowboys remaining schedule 4-1 (possibly 5-0), 7-9 / 8-8:
W - Commanders
L - Packers (possibly W, as they are on a 1-4 kick)
W - Jets -
W - Bills
W - Commanders

7-9 tie = we win (with 4-2 division record),
or 8-8 tie = we win (with 4-2 division record)
or 8-8 = win outright

This outcome is VERY feasible and is exactly what Sean Lee and the players are thinking right now.

NEVER Give Up!!

Cowboys ...... 4-1??

Brother, it took this team 2 months (63 days) to get one win.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_04_at_12_52_40_AM.png

And, uh .. both wins were with Romo :)

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
this team has checked out, don't believe the hype the media is trying to sell you

i know the players are all saying the right things and things that make the fanbase believe they are still trying, but that's what they're supposed to do. You'll see monday night, just watch the players' body language after the 1st punch in the mouth

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
this team has checked out, don't believe the hype the media is trying to sell you

i know the players are all saying the right things and things that make the fanbase believe they are still trying, but that's what they're supposed to do. You'll see monday night, just watch the players' body language after the 1st punch in the mouth

There is no way they have given up. They know they are only 2 games out (and playing one of those teams twice, with the other having the toughest schedule including Carolina). They know they have a legit shot at the playoffs. And they know they have been in every game but 2. There is no reason for them to give up, that is ridiculous and is believing that they think like losers which they do not. Just because they have a string of close losses without their starting QB doesn't mean they have lost their desire to win. No freaking way. If anything they want to win more now than ever. Their careers depend on playing well. Your premise is bogus.

No one wants to be thought of as a loser (except in the minds of some on this board).

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
"Probably" 5-0? There's optimism and then there's ridiculousness.

I said 'probably', because my original prediction was 4-1 or 5-0 if we beat GB... after watching last night's game, and watching GB play the last 6 weeks (they are 2-4, should be 1-5 if not for that miracle 70 yard hail mary last night), they are extremely beatable... hence the use of the word "probably".

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
Teams don't play to tank. If a team obviously did, they would be ridiculed and possibly even disciplined. Plus, the players themselves have too much pride and competitiveness to just lay down. I'm not saying the Cowboys would or even should "tank." But that doesn't mean that I have to want us to win. As a fan, I either want to win the Super Bowl or get the 1st pick in the draft. If you could convince me that Cassel would light up the league, win the division and beat Brady in the Super Bowl, I'd be all for it. Screw getting a top 5 pick for our next QB if we can win the Super Bowl this year... But that's not gonna happen. And since it's not gonna happen, I'd prefer to get the 1st pick instead of the 15th pick. Does that make me not a fan?

| since it's not gonna happen, I'd prefer to get the 1st pick instead of the 15th pick. Does that make me not a fan?

In my book, a fan supports their team to the end... believing that we can't win and wanting a #1 draft pick is not supportive in the least (in my opinion) - as that is wanting your team to be the worst in the league (which we are not, so we do not deserve the #1 pick). Draft picks are highly subjective, and random. Who can say with any certainty that pick will be anything special? In light of that, focus on the season at hand unless and until mathematically eliminated, then and only then should we start thinking about draft position (when and IF playoffs are no longer a possibility).