NFCE ranked as the worst division

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If you need a quick refresher on how bad the division was last year, just consider this: Every team had a losing non-divisional record, no team hit double-digit wins and three of the four coaches in the division got fired. Also, Washington, a team that went 3-13, somehow tied for the second-best record in non-divisional games, going 3-7 (The Cowboys also went 3-7 while the Eagles led the division with a 4-6 record).

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...east-moves-up-after-tom-brady-exits-division/

The NFC East has had some lean years the past few but the NFC East still has had more teams that went to and won the Super Bowl than any of the other NFC divisions.

http://mcubed.net/nfl/sbdiv.shtml

fivetwos

Reaction score
Stop being a baby
Coming from someone who has been whining about the same thing for months.

We all know what you think of Prescott, and saying it 18 million times isnt going to contribute one single ounce toward the decision on him.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Commanders not gonna be 2 easy wins. That defense is going to be tough.
That defense is gonna be sick, They are definitely stacked. But unless Haskins makes a Jackson-like leap they won't be scoring much.

I'm a Texan unfortunately living near DC so I get all their games and man, he looked like he didn't belong anywhere in this league. But again, anything is possible. I don't see the coaching change helping him, Gruden was actually a good play caller imo. Very QB friendly.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good as the '84 Bears D? That good?
Could be similar to the 49ers of last year. However they are still very short of offensive talent.

They could be an average team overall. I could see them being 8-8. I think both Dallas and Philadelphia rebound, I see both in the 10-12 win range. I honestly don't see NY improving much

aria

Reaction score
While I agree he could have played better in games against playoff teams, we played six (not three) and Zeke had more than 50 yards against four of them. New Orleans (35), Green Bay (62), New England (86), Buffalo (71), Minnesota (47), and Philadelphia (111, 47). Against the Patriots, Bills, and Packers he was averaging around 5 ypc, we just stopped giving him the ball.

As for the NFCE overall, honestly it's been a few years since it was not one of the worst divisions in the NFL.
Good point, I messed that up, meant 3 of 6 but against he GB barely over 50 and he failed when it counted most against Philthy. The problem is when we keep giving him the ball he either gets worn down and then people complain we’re not diversified enough and/or it becomes more predictable.

Correct, the NFCE has sucked for a lot more than just a few years. I can’t even remember last time NY or Washington were in the playoffs or even had a winning record.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Good as the '84 Bears D? That good?
The Commanders have a good front 4 but let’s not overrate their talent. The Alabama boys have no probowls between them in played in both games last year when we smacked them around for an average of 35 points. I love Chase but he is not Lawrence Taylor. The Skins have no linebackers and a average secondary. Personally I think River boat Ron is an average coach. The Washington franchise is a mess. I am more concerned with them drafting Thor (Trevor Lawrence) next offseason because their offense is trash.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I went to youtube to see their fans hyping up the D, the comments though stated the weakness is their secondary.
Yeah and their linebackers as well. More so the secondary. But They can mask that if the defensive line plays to their potential. And they may not. But if Rivera can’t get anything out is that unit then what good is he?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That defense is gonna be sick, They are definitely stacked. But unless Haskins makes a Jackson-like leap they won't be scoring much.

I'm a Texan unfortunately living near DC so I get all their games and man, he looked like he didn't belong anywhere in this league. But again, anything is possible. I don't see the coaching change helping him, Gruden was actually a good play caller imo. Very QB friendly.
I mean Haskins has some ways to go. No doubt. Haven’t kept up with his progression this offseason though I know he was training with Antonio Brown at one point. Commanders may suck again but I just don’t think those games are going to be as easy as they were last season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was the worst division and the Cowboys had the most talented roster. While that is utterly pathetic, at least we got a new coach out of it.

The silver lining.

But that's what it took for Jerry Jones to finally see that his decade-plus pet project was an abject failure.

shabazz

Reaction score
Did you look who posted it? Dude is solely on here to bring EVERY topic he enters to be about Dak. He is one of the most useless posters on this board. We could have a thread how to solve world hunger and he would make it about Dak.

Dak's 33 million Dollars would actually go a long way to helping World Hunger........but alas, so many exotic cars and mansions to buy.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
It took until the second post for someone to make it into a Dak thread. You would think people here would charge him rent with all the time he spends living in their heads.
welp he put up most of his numbers against the giNFCE espeiclaly the Giants and Skins and well Miami..so....its fact..big stats 8-8 , wants mega deal always will come up..

how would he have made out in the AFC or NFC West? Ravens dominated the North yet Steelers came in second at 8-8 using 3 scrubs at QB..hmmm

Flamma

Reaction score
Without Brady, I'll put the 4 NFC East teams up against the AFC East any day.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Makes sense. The division was bad last year.

I do think philadelphia and Dallas have potential to win 10 games although I do not see Dallas winning that many and I think the Giants will be a little better than in the previous 3 years.

The one interesting thing as always with this division no one repeats as the east champion, hasnt been done since 04. That bodes well for Dallas I guess.

fivetwos

Reaction score

I actually hope so, and cant disagree.

I do NOT want them landing Lawrence the year after getting a stud pass rusher.

If you're elite at EDGE and QB, you're going to be heard from.

The opportunities that were wasted by Dallas continue to mount. They are probably two players away, both on defense....unless dudes like Jackson and Anae can step up immediately. Could happen. As Cowboys fans, we are great at hoping!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Makes sense. The division was bad last year.

I do think philadelphia and Dallas have potential to win 10 games although I do not see Dallas winning that many and I think the Giants will be a little better than in the previous 3 years.

The one interesting thing as always with this division no one repeats as the east champion, hasnt been done since 04. That bodes well for Dallas I guess.
Jerry's hand picked puppet experiment would have ended long ago if not for the ineptitude of both Washington and NY.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Without Brady, I'll put the 4 NFC East teams up against the AFC East any day.

I wouldn't. Buffalo and new england are going to be very good and the jets and dolphins have a chance to really improve.. I am a big fan of Darnold. The jets finished 6-2 to end the year last year with some impressive wins over Buffalo, pittsburgh and oakland. Miami looked like a very well coached team that lacked talent. They are more talented this year.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Jerry's hand picked puppet experiment would have ended long ago if not for the ineptitude of both Washington and NY.

that doesn't make sense because Dallas has had a lot of success against Philadelphia this decade also. Andy Reid, Chip Kelly and the current staff. They have won important games against philly time and time again this decade, well until last december anyway.

New york has only been bad the kind of bad they are now for 3 seasons.

aria

Reaction score
Dak's 33 million Dollars would actually go a long way to helping World Hunger........but alas, so many exotic cars and mansions to buy.....
Dak doesn’t need to help world hunger when there’s “generous” guys like zeke helping to raise less than .50 per family to feed them. A cheerio and life saver on me fellas!