NFCE ranked as the worst division

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
as well as the ewok racking up yards against garbage teams and getting less than 50 yards in each game against the only 3 playoff teams we played.

We get 4 “free” wins again this year against the Skins and Gnats and I hope people don’t say “divisional games are always tough”. We’ve been dominating both teams for years now.

we will split the gnat games this year.

Flamma

Reaction score
I wouldn't. Buffalo and new england are going to be very good and the jets and dolphins have a chance to really improve.. I am a big fan of Darnold. The jets finished 6-2 to end the year last year with some impressive wins over Buffalo, pittsburgh and oakland. Miami looked like a very well coached team that lacked talent. They are more talented this year.

Hey just my prediction. The AFC East has been the armpit of the league for two decades now. As an X gambler I'm just playing the odds. They tell me not a single team in that division is seeing higher than 9-7 besides the Patriots. I have no confidence in any of them. I've been in gambling for a very long time before I quit. I'd give anyone 10-1 odds the Jets aren't winning 10 games.

Scotman

Reaction score
Dak:
292/466
16 Tds
9 Ints
90 passer rating

These are his numbers outside the Commanders and Giants games :muttley::muttley::muttley:

They also include games against the 31st ranked Lions Defense and the 30th ranked Dolphins Defense :laugh:

Wentz's numbers when you take away the Commanders and the Giants

274/435
2846 yards
18 TDs
7 Ints
88.92 passer rating

They also include games against the 31st ranked Lions Defense and the 30th ranked Dolphins Defense

I'm pretty sure every QB's numbers looks worse if you take away a handful of games against terrible teams.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It’s been horrible for years. Haven’t had a repeat division winner since Philly dominated from 2001-2004. It’s why I laugh when Cowboys fans think the Pats play in a weak division. We do too, just can’t take advantage of it.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Wentz's numbers when you take away the Commanders and the Giants

274/435
2846 yards
18 TDs
7 Ints
88.92 passer rating

They also include games against the 31st ranked Lions Defense and the 30th ranked Dolphins Defense

I'm pretty sure every QB's numbers looks worse if you take away a handful of games against terrible teams.
1. I dont care about Wentz

2. The point is, a majority of our games are OUTSIDE the division.

3. Lamar Jackson had a 120 rating and was 13-1 OUTSIDE his terrible division. Deshaun Watson

4. Both of those teams he beat up on will be much better going forward

Scotman

Reaction score
1. I dont care about Wentz

2. The point is, a majority of our games are OUTSIDE the division.

3. Lamar Jackson had a 120 rating and was 13-1 OUTSIDE his terrible division. Deshaun Watson

4. Both of those teams he beat up on will be much better going forward

My point was that you have to take the year as a whole. You can't take away someone's best opponents...or their worst. Taking away any of the games to prove a point only proves that you have an agenda.

Keep in mind, I've never been a fan of breaking the bank for Dak. You can go back and read all the reasons I've said so. But, you'd have to have a completely negative and myopic view to think Dak was our problem last year. Dak just wasn't good enough to overcome horrific coaching, a bad defense and an almost non-existent special teams. I don't think any QB could have elevated them...maybe Mahomes. It's going to get harder if you lose players because Dak ate the cap up.

Still, you can't cherry pick his games and present those numbers like they mean something...which you did. Even if you don't care about Wentz, he's often compared to Dak and supposedly has a better pedigree. The numbers I posted about Wentz are just as meaningless as yours.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
My point was that you have to take the year as a whole. You can't take away someone's best opponents...or their worst. Taking away any of the games to prove a point only proves that you have an agenda.

Keep in mind, I've never been a fan of breaking the bank for Dak. You can go back and read all the reasons I've said so. But, you'd have to have a completely negative and myopic view to think Dak was our problem last year. Dak just wasn't good enough to overcome horrific coaching, a bad defense and an almost non-existent special teams. I don't think any QB could have elevated them...maybe Mahomes. It's going to get harder if you lose players because Dak ate the cap up.

Still, you can't cherry pick his games and present those numbers like they mean something...which you did. Even if you don't care about Wentz, he's often compared to Dak and supposedly has a better pedigree. The numbers I posted about Wentz are just as meaningless as yours.
We will agree to disagree

quickccc

Reaction score
It will continue to reflect as the worst division so long as Washington and NY are still scrapping at the bottom,
Philly still makes it very competitive but on the field and in off season (per FA and Draft) They easily pose the biggest threat
just as We Dallas Cowboys clearly pose the biggest threat to THEM.

NY Giants:

- i have my questions about Giants even more so with Judge and Garrett at the helm.
Despite a system that places vertical pass push, Garrett is conservative by nature and not creative by design. he knows 90's Cowboys
offense by slow in game adjustments and can be predictable
i hear from Golden Tate less and less, Ingram is always hurt and still hasn't emerge as a top TE, and it comes down to
to Barkley, and Daniels on offense. And they still don't have wow big names on defense either.

Washington D.C. -
Rivera and Del Rio may return them to that winning state, we'll see still doesn't have a QB, imo, as Haskins is in limbo land
and who will be grooming him as coach ?
they have Terry McLaughrin at WR, but what else is there ? Jordan Reed is done, Peterson is on fumes, and Derrius Guice
injury prone.
It's truly upfront in front seven that makes them deadly with Chase young, Jonathan Allen, Roy Payne, monte sweat and ryan kerrigan.
but their secondary which includes Lanndon Collins is just average and can be had.
i'll watch the progress of their defense as i've always liked Del Rio as a DC.

- Philly - it's about their injury prone QB, their OL and their WRs which they have been having a mess in that area - but they had an
very average WR corp ( and compared that .vs what we have at WR) ..and still won the NFC East title !
Desean is injury prone but he can hurt defenses over the top, Jeffries is just decent/serviceable and you don't game plan for him.
rookie WR Montae Reagor is a wait and see, but a top speed WR prospect.
Their strength is clearly their TE corp.where Ertz and Gobert are best duo TE in NFL.
OG Brooks was a huge loss, expect them to sign Warford as season closes. i think Gregory/Alden can overtake Dillard at LT.
but Lane Johnson usually controls Dlaw.
RB Thomas Sanders promising scat back type. Big Key is give Wentz a beating ! Iggles criticized for drafting Jalen Hurt in
2nd round but that's clearly expresses the fragility worry of their franchise QB. They want a Nick Foles like insurance policy.

MikeB80

Reaction score
It will continue to reflect as the worst division so long as Washington and NY are still scrapping at the bottom,
Philly still makes it very competitive but on the field and in off season (per FA and Draft) They easily pose the biggest threat
just as We Dallas Cowboys clearly pose the biggest threat to THEM.

NY Giants:

- i have my questions about Giants even more so with Judge and Garrett at the helm.
Despite a system that places vertical pass push, Garrett is conservative by nature and not creative by design. he knows 90's Cowboys
offense by slow in game adjustments and can be predictable
i hear from Golden Tate less and less, Ingram is always hurt and still hasn't emerge as a top TE, and it comes down to
to Barkley, and Daniels on offense. And they still don't have wow big names on defense either.

Washington D.C. -
Rivera and Del Rio may return them to that winning state, we'll see still doesn't have a QB, imo, as Haskins is in limbo land
and who will be grooming him as coach ?
they have Terry McLaughrin at WR, but what else is there ? Jordan Reed is done, Peterson is on fumes, and Derrius Guice
injury prone.
It's truly upfront in front seven that makes them deadly with Chase young, Jonathan Allen, Roy Payne, monte sweat and ryan kerrigan.
but their secondary which includes Lanndon Collins is just average and can be had.
i'll watch the progress of their defense as i've always liked Del Rio as a DC.

- Philly - it's about their injury prone QB, their OL and their WRs which they have been having a mess in that area - but they had an
very average WR corp ( and compared that .vs what we have at WR) ..and still won the NFC East title !
Desean is injury prone but he can hurt defenses over the top, Jeffries is just decent/serviceable and you don't game plan for him.
rookie WR Montae Reagor is a wait and see, but a top speed WR prospect.
Their strength is clearly their TE corp.where Ertz and Gobert are best duo TE in NFL.
OG Brooks was a huge loss, expect them to sign Warford as season closes. i think Gregory/Alden can overtake Dillard at LT.
but Lane Johnson usually controls Dlaw.
RB Thomas Sanders promising scat back type. Big Key is give Wentz a beating ! Iggles criticized for drafting Jalen Hurt in
2nd round but that's clearly expresses the fragility worry of their franchise QB. They want a Nick Foles like insurance policy.

Garretts offense was not conservative at all in fact in 07 and 08 it was all out deep routes constantly. As long as he knew he had protection this team threw the ball vertically. It changed when the line was being rebuilt in 11-13 and ultimately when callahan then linehan took over.

People always forget how aggressive this passing game was in 07-09.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Exactly. Some Dak sloberrers consider dak’s 40-24 record as good . It is actually awful and makes puts into personal his 1-6 Against winnjng teams

Majority with Zeke as a no show. Give us Aikman's record vs winning teams when Emmitt played bad? Of course you won't.

basel90

Reaction score
Majority with Zeke as a no show. Give us Aikman's record vs winning teams when Emmitt played bad? Of course you won't.
You cannot compare Dak with Aikman by any measure . Talent wise or accomplishments wise or leadership . Not in the same league .Aikman record in the playoff is 11-4 . Dak is 1-2 . Plus aikman started his career with a much worse team than Dak .
Plus , QBs are much much more protected now than in that era . The game is more skewed favoring offenses over defenses .

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You cannot compare Dak with Aikman by any measure . Talent wise or accomplishments wise or leadership . Not in the same league .Aikman record in the playoff is 11-4 . Dak is 1-2 . Plus aikman started his career with a much worse team than Dak .
Plus , QBs are much much more protected now than in that era . The game is more skewed favoring offenses over defenses .

LOL. Aikman and his career 61.5% completions. You are right, I can't compare Dak to that. Aikman and his 141 INT's to 165 TD's. You are right, I can't compare Dak to that.
Aikman NEEDED Emmitt and the RUNNING GAME to be successful vs good teams. Dak's offense needs the running game to set up the passing game.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The truth hurts, doesn't it?
My truth? Nope

source.gif