Draft Day NFL 2024 Draft Day 3 thread

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Long wait for the first pick unless they trade up.
With a few quality HB's left, this is where I could see them using 2025 picks to get into the 4th. A problem the could have is considering how weak this class is after 120, picks after that may be less valuable than usual.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Gonna be a long day. Barring a trade up, I don’t have much hope that we add a starter at RB. They will add some depth pieces, and I imagine we will add some quality UDFAs into the mix.

We needed 4 starters from this draft— and we got 2.

Jerry selling Zeke as a RB 1 is just painful.

Motorola

Reaction score
With a few quality HB's left, this is where I could see them using 2025 picks to get into the 4th. A problem the could have is considering how weak this class is after 120, picks after that may be less valuable than usual.
With only four RBs selected over the first three rounds (none in the 1st, one in the 2nd, three in the 3rd), most teams didn’t have need or preference pick them - choosing players at other positions instead.

Jay Wright, Ray Davis, Braelon Allen, Isaac Guerendo, Bucky Irving, Audric Estime -- all notable candidates pre-draft; but all were projected to go in the 4th round (ESPN).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Gonna be a long day. Barring a trade up, I don’t have much hope that we add a starter at RB. They will add some depth pieces, and I imagine we will add some quality UDFAs into the mix.

"LONG DAY"?.....if you're looking for 4 starters (in 2024), it's going to be a long YEAR.

This is a 2025 developmental draft.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
With only four RBs selected over the first three rounds (none in the 1st, one in the 2nd, three in the 3rd), most teams didn’t have need or preference pick them - choosing players at other positions instead.

Jay Wright, Ray Davis, Braelon Allen, Isaac Guerendo, Bucky Irving, Audric Estime -- all notable candidates pre-draft; but all were projected to go in the 4th round (ESPN).
I suppose the draft team is busy working out the potential of the 2025 Class vrs the 'value' of the above. Is it better to draft from next years Picks (in the knowledge that we're going to have the Comp Picks to cover), or wait for next years crop.

We've got warm(ish) bodies on the roster, just dont think 2024 is the priority.

Carson

Reaction score
I suppose the draft team is busy working out the potential of the 2025 Class vrs the 'value' of the above. Is it better to draft from next years Picks (in the knowledge that we're going to have the Comp Picks to cover), or wait for next years crop.

We've got warm(ish) bodies on the roster, just dont think 2024 is the priority.
I disagree.

Washington and NY in the rear view mirror. You sit out a year, youre likely sitting in 4th place for the next 3 years

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Dillon Johnson should be available in round 5 or 6, and there's a back from Monmouth that I like a lot.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Whatever we do we will do it well. We always do.

Carson

Reaction score
Top 30 running backs visits still on the board

Braelon Allen, Wisconsin
Bucky Irving, Oregon
Tyrone Tracy, Purdue
Rasheen Ali, Marshall
Jase McClellen, Alabama
Emani Bailey, TCU

lwehlers

Reaction score
Top 30 running backs visits still on the board

Braelon Allen, Wisconsin
Bucky Irving, Oregon
Tyrone Tracy, Purdue
Rasheen Ali, Marshall
Jase McClellen, Alabama
Emani Bailey, TCU
it would be nice to have a fourth round pick and get one of those running backs. maybe an undrafted running back do something.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Entering the final day of the draft, the Cowboys still have work to do. But here’s how they’ve started replacing some of what they lost this offseason:

Tyron Smith ➡️ Tyler Guyton

Dorance Armstrong ➡️ Marshawn Kneeland

Tyler Biadasz ➡️ Cooper Beebe

Leighton Vander Esch ➡️ Eric Kendricks/Marist Liufau

Still remaining: Running back and defensive tackle

-

Of course this is drafting for need.