Draft Day NFL 2024 Draft Day 3 thread

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I am not sure this is all true. Maybe on day 1 but given time and experiences we could see some of these rookies exceeding what we had.

But I will say that keeping Tyron might have made the draft a little easier for Dallas. They were forced to use their first pick on a OT. Then again, doing nothing in free agency left Dallas with a bunch of needs to fill.
True but they would have had to find Tyron's replacement sooner or later anyway. Now hopefully they have him and can concentrate elsewhere in future drafts.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
With only four RBs selected over the first three rounds (none in the 1st, one in the 2nd, three in the 3rd), most teams didn’t have need or preference pick them - choosing players at other positions instead.

Jay Wright, Ray Davis, Braelon Allen, Isaac Guerendo, Bucky Irving, Audric Estime -- all notable candidates pre-draft; but all were projected to go in the 4th round (ESPN).
I thought Wright and Allen might go in the third, so certainly there are some backs there. I don't know how many will be there in the fifth. Some will, but we might have to settle for what's left, unless we just don't see much separation among the group. I'm thinking with Elliott looking to return, we may look for a complementary back like Tracy over a pounder like Allen or Estime.

dupree89

Reaction score
one of the RBs still available...I gotta think NYG take one coming up with their pick, no?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Liufau is the one pick that seems like a massive reach. Otherwise I think they did fine.
Agreed. All of their other picks were great value. Trading and landing both Guyton and Beebe instead of just one OL was a great move. Kneeland was fantastic value. That last pick, though, was just very questionable. If we'd taken an RB instead or DT DeWayne Carter, I would have come away feeling fairly satisfied with the draft.

reddyuta

Reaction score
any activity in the war room?.if we wait till our 5th Rd pick all the RBs will be picked clean.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Notable RB's left going into today:

-Jaylen Wright, Tennesee
-Braelon Allen, Wisconsin
-Audric Estime, Notre Dame
-Ray Davis, Kentucky
-Will Shipley, Clemson
-Bucky Irving, Oregon
-Jase McClellan, Alabama
-Isaiah Davis, South Dakota State

Will one of these guys slide to pick 173 is the question.