Draft Day NFL 2024 Draft Day 3 thread

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score

Entering the final day of the draft, the Cowboys still have work to do. But here’s how they’ve started replacing some of what they lost this offseason:

Tyron Smith ➡️ Tyler Guyton

Dorance Armstrong ➡️ Marshawn Kneeland

Tyler Biadasz ➡️ Cooper Beebe

Leighton Vander Esch ➡️ Eric Kendricks/Marist Liufau

Still remaining: Running back and defensive tackle

-

Of course this is drafting for need.

Liufau is the one pick that seems like a massive reach. Otherwise I think they did fine.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Wow unless we trade up our next pick is 74 picks away. Our next picks are very very low 5th and very very low 6th rounders.

reddyuta

Reaction score
we got to trade up for an RB,use next years 4th RD pick to move into the 4th RD and get a starting RB.

Aven8

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if our 5th round pick is a freaking corner…….

noletime95

Reaction score
Fabian Lovette would be a nice rotational piece, maybe 6th round cost. Stout run stuffing DT that gets penetration at times.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
We'd have a different attitude if we had a 4th round pick.

What did that extra 3rd get you? Nothing.
Even if you thought the LB was the next coming of Kendricks, take the 49ers trade offer and pick up 135. No one was going to draft this LB in the next 7 pics.

Just a inexcusable.

Creeper

Reaction score

Entering the final day of the draft, the Cowboys still have work to do. But here’s how they’ve started replacing some of what they lost this offseason:

Tyron Smith ➡️ Tyler Guyton

Dorance Armstrong ➡️ Marshawn Kneeland

Tyler Biadasz ➡️ Cooper Beebe

Leighton Vander Esch ➡️ Eric Kendricks/Marist Liufau

Still remaining: Running back and defensive tackle

-

Of course this is drafting for need.

I am not sure this is all true. Maybe on day 1 but given time and experiences we could see some of these rookies exceeding what we had.

But I will say that keeping Tyron might have made the draft a little easier for Dallas. They were forced to use their first pick on a OT. Then again, doing nothing in free agency left Dallas with a bunch of needs to fill.