Twitter: NFL All-Pro List: Parsons, Diggs, and Tyron Smith

Tussinman

Reaction score
“Get rid of Tyron.”

1st team All Pro lol.
Yeah I remember all the people complaining that his back will never heal and he will be crippled. Even with his own teammates injuring him twice he still had a very good season, especially since his cap hit was only 7 million
Is this the Associated Press All Pro? If not, it's not the "real" All Pro. Every sports site has their own All Pro team, the AP All Pro is the one that is the one actually referenced in NFL record books.

It's not that Parsons won't make AP All Pro, just saying.
This isn't official. The dead give a way is Tyron Smith and Trent Williams both play the same position so they cannot be on the same team.

For the official all-pro team the offensive line is each individual position (you can't have 2 left tackles make first team, it would be one LT and one RT).

Nelson is the best OG in football.
Two big issues with this

1. All-pro team does offensive line positions seperate so he would never compete with Martin since he plays LG instead of RG

2. Nelson has signficantly regressed since 2019. Last year he struggled in pass protection and had 9 penalties and this year he has a sub 70 PFF score (struggled again in penalties and pressures allow) and has played over 300 less snaps than Martin. He's still a high level player but he's not the best OG in football right now

Tussinman

Reaction score
Zach is a great player and has long been the clear cut best guard in the NFL. I think Nelson has now passed him as the best guard.
Nelson has over 300 less snaps played then Martin this year and Nelson has a combined 13 penalities the last 2 seasons.

The Nelson hype is over-rated. He's a great player but he's heavily regressed in every single metric the last 2 seasons (2018 and 2019 he was a clear cut all-pro player but he's been living off of his reputation the last 2 seasons)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I disagree, our OL is not elite at all. Outside of Martin and Smith we are average at best, and a liability at worst.

OL is penalized for tons of holding calls that kill drives. We were the highest in the league in this category with 31 calls for 309 yards. Brady’s and Rodger’s squads got called for 15 and 14 offensive holding calls (150/130 yards), respectively.

Note that some calls are dismissed/declined and I’m not separating those.

I know.. You look at our Oline and say it’s not elite.

Problem is you’re just looking at our Oline and ignoring the league standard.

Our Oline is indeed elite. Just like our defense is as good as anyone’s.

I know this is hard for a lot of people to accept but this isn’t a defensive league and most defenses suck. Most offensive lines are beyond awful.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Elite talented guy, plays 4 games. Your best ability is availability and he's not an all-pro in that sense

Hes cheap and we don’t have a replacement.

Smart thing to do is find a young talent but you play Tyron until his contract is up or he can’t go anymore.

If you get 10 Tyron Smith games a year you take it.

He’s cap friendly as well.

slick325

Reaction score
Impressive! Kudos! Zach Martin will likely be 2nd team All-Pro, kudos to him as well when that is announced.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
When does the Associated Press All Pro list come out?

Last year it was released the Friday before Wild Card games started so that would be tomorrow if they do the same.

Mods need to change the title to "NFL.com's All-Pro List" or something. Folks are getting confused into thinking this is the real deal.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
Offensive tackle is probably the most important position in football next to quarterback. It is easier to replace a guard then it is a tackle. Tyron and Zach are two of the best ever at their positions. Glad we drafted both of them.
I mean, i don't dispute that....

But how does he get it and Martin not? Martin has been better and played 16 games.

Gaede

Reaction score
Amazing news. I knew Parsons would get it. Was worried for Diggs, but he absolutely deserves it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yeah I remember all the people complaining that his back will never heal and he will be crippled. Even with his own teammates injuring him twice he still had a very good season, especially since his cap hit was only 7 million
This isn't official. The dead give a way is Tyron Smith and Trent Williams both play the same position so they cannot be on the same team.

For the official all-pro team the offensive line is each individual position (you can't have 2 left tackles make first team, it would be one LT and one RT).

Two big issues with this

1. All-Pro team does offensive line positions seperate so he would never compete with Martin since he plays LG instead of RG

2. Nelson has signficantly regressed since 2019. Last year he struggled in pass protection and had 9 penalties and this year he has a sub 70 PFF score (struggled again in penalties and pressures allow) and has played over 300 less snaps than Martin. He's still a high level player but he's not the best OG in football right now
That probably ties for 2nd most All-Pros that we have ever had behind 2016.

Btw, not sure Diggs should be All_Pro....Pro Bowl yes, but All-Pro?
Good for him though.

All Pro is tough to make.
Not as bit of a joke as Pro Bowl
I know in 2007, 3/4 of the Cowboys were voted into Pro Bowl (midseason voting) but they only had 2 All-Pros on that team

Last edited:

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I know.. You look at our Oline and say it’s not elite.

Problem is you’re just looking at our Oline and ignoring the league standard.

Our Oline is indeed elite. Just like our defense is as good as anyone’s.

I know this is hard for a lot of people to accept but this isn’t a defensive league and most defenses suck. Most offensive lines are beyond awful.

I don’t agree with the premise of: “we suck less than other teams, so that makes us elite”.

That would just make us above average.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t agree with the premise of: “we suck less than other teams, so that makes us elite”.

That would just make us above average.

Thats fine. Think whatever you want. NFL O lines are just awful.

I’d take our guys over nearly all of them. It’s not because we’re great it’s because everyone else sucks.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I mean, i don't dispute that....

But how does he get it and Martin not? Martin has been better and played 16 games.
Marin deserved it more than both Smith and Diggs....imo

Diggs' picks got him in, but guys like Ramsey were better overall.

Tussinman

Reaction score
That probably ties for 2nd most All-Pros that we have ever had behind 2016.
The official all-pro team hasn't come out yet. I think Parsons and Martin will be the only 2 that make 1st team and Diggs will make 2nd team. Anger i'm not sure because special teams seems to be all over the place when it comes to all-pro team.

That's good but not insane. The 2014 team has 4 players make 1st team and 2 players make 2nd team. 2016 team like you said had alot (5 players made 1st team). 2007 team wasn't bad either (3 players 1st team and 2 players 2nd team).

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Thats fine. Think whatever you want. NFL O lines are just awful.

I’d take our guys over nearly all of them. It’s not because we’re great it’s because everyone else sucks.

This is basically the same thing I’m saying.