NFL analyst believes Sean Lee needs fresh start in 2019

JonesBoys

Reaction score
He needs new hamstrings not a new start. He should retire this offseason,

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Lee has a 10m cap hit next year, and he's not going to be starting. He can't stay healthy, and that doesn't get better as you get into your mid 30s.

I love Lee, he's been such an amazing player and leader for our defense, but the defense thankfully no longer falls apart when he's off the field, and as much as we'd all love to see him retire here on his own terms and transition into a coach or whatever, it's just not going to happen.

He's going to end up getting signed to some team next year, unceremoniously miss half or more of the season, and fade into obscurity until he retires.

$3 million is part of his restructure bonus, so that's on the books no matter what. He's a $7 million hit if he's kept, and I don't have any problem with that as I'd rather have a $7 million Lee on the field as a linebacker than a $2 million Joe Thomas even if he misses some games because of injury ... and I like Thomas as a backup.

conner01

Reaction score
Lee has to decide if he still wants to play
If he does then he has to see if there is a team he can get a chance to start for. If there is then I’d let him go start somewhere else
I don’t think there is a team who would guarantee him a starting spot
That being the case I’d let him play out and add him to the staff after next year