NFL Analyst Chooses Dak as his Franchise QB for next 10yrs

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Smart guy.....

Your boy Bleu

Not everyone agrees with the assessment the Cowboys will be looking for a new quarterback I’m the coming years.

On Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks’ Move the Sticks podcast, each year they select a quarterback they’d like to have for one play, one drive, one game, and over the next ten years. It’s there way of handicapping the field of young signal callers across the NFL and Prescott figured prominently.

The few caveats of the exercise are no selections could be repeated and the quarterback chosen has to be under the age of 30, knocking out many notable veterans.

The parameters can make for tough decisions, but here are there selections:

Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks
  1. One play - Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson
  2. One drive - Derek Carr, Jimmy Garoppolo
  3. One game - Deshaun Watson, Jared Goff
  4. Next decade - Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott
The guy chosen for the next decade is the most difficult. However, Brooks noted it was the easiest decision he had to make, choosing Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott.

Here’s what he had to say during the selection:

“I’m going with the guy that is going to lord over the NFC East for the next decade and that is Dak Prescott. Dak Prescott is the guy that I want to be the franchise quarterback for the next decade. When you just think about his short list of accomplishments: 16 times he’s had a passer rating over 100, his record in 32 games is 22-10, 45 touchdowns and only 17 interceptions, and finally they got all the ‘bad’ guys out the building and now its Dak’s team.

We finally get an opportunity to see what he can do. We are talking about a guy who came into the league as a fourth-rounder, which is really unbelievable. This guy is talented, he’s a franchise quarterback and everybody, the league will soon see, why he’s going to be the best quarterback in the league for the next decade to come.”

Plenty more at the link:

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...s-carson-wentz/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The funny (i.e. sad) thing is we just had a "decade" quarterback that many in the media and here never learned to appreciate. I don't think it will be any different for Dak. The league won't see because whatever skills he shows will be asterisked as long as Dallas doesn't have playoff success and win Super Bowls. Some will never realize/acknowledge that those accomplishments are a product of the team and coaching/front office with the quarterback only being part of the puzzle.

My hope is that Dallas is putting the kind of defense and offensive pieces around Prescott to achieve that success, but I'm at the point of seeing to believe, especially because I'm unsure that the Cowboys can reach a Super Bowl level of success with Garrett as coach unless they are just superior overall in talent.

Last edited:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Smart guy.....

Your boy Bleu

Not everyone agrees with the assessment the Cowboys will be looking for a new quarterback I’m the coming years.

On Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks’ Move the Sticks podcast, each year they select a quarterback they’d like to have for one play, one drive, one game, and over the next ten years. It’s there way of handicapping the field of young signal callers across the NFL and Prescott figured prominently.

The few caveats of the exercise are no selections could be repeated and the quarterback chosen has to be under the age of 30, knocking out many notable veterans.

The parameters can make for tough decisions, but here are there selections:

Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks
  1. One play - Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson
  2. One drive - Derek Carr, Jimmy Garoppolo
  3. One game - Deshaun Watson, Jared Goff
  4. Next decade - Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott
The guy chosen for the next decade is the most difficult. However, Brooks noted it was the easiest decision he had to make, choosing Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott.

Here’s what he had to say during the selection:

“I’m going with the guy that is going to lord over the NFC East for the next decade and that is Dak Prescott. Dak Prescott is the guy that I want to be the franchise quarterback for the next decade. When you just think about his short list of accomplishments: 16 times he’s had a passer rating over 100, his record in 32 games is 22-10, 45 touchdowns and only 17 interceptions, and finally they got all the ‘bad’ guys out the building and now its Dak’s team.

We finally get an opportunity to see what he can do. We are talking about a guy who came into the league as a fourth-rounder, which is really unbelievable. This guy is talented, he’s a franchise quarterback and everybody, the league will soon see, why he’s going to be the best quarterback in the league for the next decade to come.”

Plenty more at the link:

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...s-carson-wentz/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Didn’t even need to read. Title said it all.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
The funny (i.e. sad) thing is we just had a "decade" quarterback that many in the media and here never learned to appreciate. I don't think it will be any different for Dak. The league won't see because whatever skills he shows will be asterisked as long as Dallas doesn't have playoff success and win Super Bowls. Some will never realize/acknowledge that those accomplishments are a product of the team and coaching/front office with the quarterback only being part of the puzzle.

My hope is that Dallas is putting the kind of defense and offensive pieces around Prescott to achieve that success, but I'm at the point of seeing to believe, especially because I'm unsure that the Cowboys can reach a Super Bowl level of success with Garrett as coach unless they are just superior overall in talent.
GREAT post spot on if the team don't have playoff success then dak will be just like Romo a foot note in the teams history

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I like the Dak pick but how can he not select Russell Wilson at some point?
It kills me that folks routinely overlook Russell. He is a straight up assassin. He has put that team on his back the last couple years just like Tony had to do here too often.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope he is right because I do not want this brain trust to try and select the next franchise QB. Got lucky on the one before this one and nothing wrong with getting lucky on this one too.

If he's not the guy, then they either have to go FA or use a high draft pick that we could use for the D.

Even those not in the Dak camp better hope he is the guy or this team is getting set back a couple of years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hope he is right because I do not want this brain trust to try and select the next franchise QB. Got lucky on the one before this one and nothing wrong with getting lucky on this one too.

If he's not the guy, then they either have to go FA or use a high draft pick that we could use for the D.

Even those not in the Dak camp better hope he is the guy or this team is getting set back a couple of years.
We can all hope until the cows come home. I’m more about dealing with reality. And if Dak can lead this dysfunctional football franchise to a SB he will be on a pedestal no others have reached IMO in Cowboys history.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can all hope until the cows come home. I’m more about dealing with reality. And if Dak can lead this dysfunctional football franchise to a SB he will be on a pedestal no others have reached IMO in Cowboys history.
If he can, it will not be with his present OC. Unless he gets real smart this season, he's gone. Garrett could be the only remaining coach from two years ago if Marinelli retires.

aria

Reaction score
I wonder how much Jerry pays for each “pumper” article that these journalists put out? Gotta give it to him, he’s continued to grow the fan base for over TWO DECADES without winning jack. I don’t think any other team has done that but I doubt every other owner pays as much to keep his team relevant, they usually gain fans by winning not shady “journalism”. Sad but true.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still early to tell with Dak and or this team in general...But if it happens to be, I won't complain...Will just sit back and watch "some" Cowboys fans complain about it.

GenoT

Reaction score

Until the defense can, at the very least, consistently (please reread: consistently) hold its own against elite QBs/offenses — especially in the postseason — it won’t matter how good our offense is.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak wasn't a good passer in high school.

Dak wasn't a good passer in college.

Dak isn't a good passer in the NFL so far.

But he's going to turn into Joe Montana any minute now.

Sounds like a plan.

Didn't you hear the new Bucky Brooks says HOF be ready Dak is the real deal baby!!!!!
Bucky must be a Eagles fan ...gotta be man gotta be......:huh:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Until the defense can, at the very least, consistently (please reread: consistently) hold its own against elite QBs/offenses — especially in the postseason — it won’t matter how good our offense is.

Yes. Rodgers+last drive=Dallas loss every time.

So, I guess the one thing that gives me hope is the defense. I don't believe Garrett's offense can outgun other top offenses, so we need the defense to provide the edge. Although I think this offense lacks imagination, that's not necessarily a knock against Garrett. Not many teams win Super Bowls without a stout defense. (We had Doomsday and Doomsday II when we won ours.)

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak wasn't a good passer in high school.

Dak wasn't a good passer in college.

Dak isn't a good passer in the NFL so far.

But he's going to turn into Joe Montana any minute now.

Sounds like a plan.

Ya man and Jaylon will become Ray Lewis and Collins is our new Bob lilly and Rico is our new Witten lol and lets not forget Dak is Staubach....... wait till week 8 when these fantasy are benched and all these forum Guru's will be screaming for all the above heads on a platter!!!

P.S. With the exception of Dak's of course as its not his fault we can't score as a combo of new excuses will be posted once again!

GenoT

Reaction score
Yes. Rodgers+last drive=Dallas loss every time.

So, I guess the one thing that gives me hope is the defense. I don't believe Garrett's offense can outgun other top offenses, so we need the defense to provide the edge. Although I think this offense lacks imagination, that's not necessarily a knock against Garrett. Not many teams win Super Bowls without a stout defense. (We had Doomsday and Doomsday II when we won ours.)
When you’re a team trying to win a SB, at some point in the postseason, you’ll run into an opponent whose defense gives your offense problems. Having a good defense yourself means you have a chance to keep the score close until your offense can get on track.

Without at least an above-average defense, it’s highly unlikely you’ll win a SB.