NFL appeals injunction against Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
From what I can tell, this whole court case is based solely on procedure. NFLPA/Zeke claiming he was not given a fair appeal. NFL saying we have the right to run appeals anyway we want because the CBA says we can. It is not about guilt or not.
What is preventing the NFL from hitting the reset button and allowing Zeke to re-appeal with the issues brought up in this court case cleaned up? In other words, can the NFL say "OK fine, we will let you appeal the decision and we'll use an impartial arbitrator and we'll allow RG and the investigator to testify"?
Not 100% certain, but I think it's too late for the NFL to do that now. I think it is possible that in the end, the court could tell the NFL to reevaluate and rehear everything, but that doesn't seem reasonable given that the NFL has already shown that they're principally unfair. I hope some our Zone lawyers (real ones) can shed some light on this. They probably already have, but there's just so many threads on this that it is near impossible to search and find such threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.