NFL Conspiracy?

yimyammer

Reaction score
imo, & conspiracy theories aside, the refs have no business chumming it up with players or coaches after the game and should leave the field asap

the appearance of this interaction undermines already eroded fan trust

he looked like a giddy fan and if that's not subtly in the back of his mind, effecting his job, I'd be surprised

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Great talents have always recieved preferential treatment or the benefit of the doubt calls.

Great basketball players usually recieve the fouls called , great pitchers get the strikes, great batters the balls called, etc.

Officials assume if your more talented someone must have been cheating to make a play on you.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
imo, & conspiracy theories aside, the refs have no business chumming it up with players or coaches after the game and should leave the field asap

the appearance of this interaction undermines already eroded fan trust

Umpires chum it up with managers sometimes, toss them other times. They're human beings participating in a sporting event.

The fact that some fans take it too seriously and see conspiracies around every corner are separate issues.

kskboys

Reaction score
Uh huh. 1 penalty.

IMO, the NFL just made a huge mistake by placing Brady in the super bowl. I'm curious as to how the ratings for this turn out.

Even my buddy, who makes fun of conspiracy theorists, was asking me what was up. Said the obvious one sidedness made him sick.

Those of you who know me from the old site know that I didn't frequent the threads moaning and whining about the ref's calls. However, this was different. This was bad. And blatant.

I'm out on this super bowl. First one I'll miss since the 70's.

foofighters

Reaction score
Uh huh. 1 penalty.

IMO, the NFL just made a huge mistake by placing Brady in the super bowl. I'm curious as to how the ratings for this turn out.

Even my buddy, who makes fun of conspiracy theorists, was asking me what was up. Said the obvious one sidedness made him sick.

Those of you who know me from the old site know that I didn't frequent the threads moaning and whining about the ref's calls. However, this was different. This was bad. And blatant.

I'm out on this super bowl. First one I'll miss since the 70's.
I have been all over the refs all year and I am usually one to jump on them but I don't really see much here. Romo used to joke around with the refs. I do believe that the refs should just get off the field asap and not talk to anyone. It was poor judgement but there really isn't much there.

Reaction score
I'd like to believe there's a conspiracy, it would explain the many crazy turn of events the Cowboys have endured over the last 20+ years. Unlike the WWE though, I think there's just too may moving parts in an NFL game and season to pull it off. With that, it leaves me with the only suitable/logical answer, the moon, stars and universe, as a whole, has it out for us!!!
:p

Ghost12

Reaction score
I would have no problem with referees exchanging handshakes and greetings with players or coaches after a game. My only concern is that in some cases it could lead to an argument (i.e. the player arguing a certain call made during the game) so I can't be sure it is a good idea....

jsb357

Reaction score
I would imagine refs are fans as well.

Or is that against the rules?

Ghost12

Reaction score
I would imagine refs are fans as well.

Or is that against the rules?
I imagine they could be fans of the league without necessarily attaching themselves to one specific team's fanbase.

jsb357

Reaction score
I imagine they could be fans of the league without necessarily attaching themselves to one specific team's fanbase.

I would imagine they are some of the biggest fans of the game of professional football
and thus enjoy seeing the game played at the highest level.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Dang it's gonna be a real conundrum which way the refs go when they play the Shmeagles. Fortunately wonderkind Wentz isn't playing

Ghost12

Reaction score
I would imagine they are some of the biggest fans of the game of professional football
and thus enjoy seeing the game played at the highest level.
Maybe.... sometimes I think that once something becomes your profession, you really don't want to deal with it on your free time (and yes I know they all have other jobs, but nevertheless they look at football as a professional commitment)
It just doesn't look good to have a ref(s) laughing and shaking hands at the end of a game.
It happens all the time. It just doesn't become a national headline for other teams.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Hard to believe but Refs are actually human beings and were once kids that grew up fans and obviously deeply involved in football .
That said its not hard to believe they would acknowledge a great performance from a great player in the moment .

That's not what bothers me its the leagues agenda manipulating what teams will produce the best ratings and pushing them to the front as long as its not Jerrys team who is hated only slightly less then the Raiders and Lions LOLOL

kskboys

Reaction score
I have been all over the refs all year and I am usually one to jump on them but I don't really see much here. Romo used to joke around with the refs. I do believe that the refs should just get off the field asap and not talk to anyone. It was poor judgement but there really isn't much there.
You don't see much in 1 penalty called on the Pats? You don't see much in the multiple missed holding calls, esp some blatantly obvious ones? How about JAX having 9 penalties all year on the D, only 5 for PI, and then multiple calls in that game?

I think you're not looking very hard!!!

Blackrain

Reaction score
We saw how corrupt Goodell is just by the way he handled Zekes situation . To think that corruption dosent make its way into all parts of the game is pretty naïve. Since Jerry and Goodell are on the outs I don't see us getting any breaks for a long time . Eagles fans here in Philly are defiantly concerned about the apparent favoritism shown by the officiating.

It will probably come down to the wire but I don't see the league letting Nick Foles beat Tom Brady .