NFL Conspiracy?

diver5000

Reaction score
We saw how corrupt Goodell is just by the way he handled Zekes situation . To think that corruption dosent make its way into all parts of the game is pretty naïve. Since Jerry and Goodell are on the outs I don't see us getting any breaks for a long time . Eagles fans here in Philly are defiantly concerned about the apparent favoritism shown by the officiating.

It will probably come down to the wire but I don't see the league letting Nick Foles beat Tom Brady .
Goodell isn't responsible for Zeke's "situation" Zeke is.
The Eagles will have everything to say about just who beats Tom Brady, not the league.
I swear you spew crap like a burst septic tank.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Goodell isn't responsible for Zeke's "situation" Zeke is.
The Eagles will have everything to say about just who beats Tom Brady, not the league.
I swear you spew crap like a burst septic tank.

Law enforcement didn't find the girl to be a credible witness and neither did Goodells female investigator but Zeke was suspended anyway . Looks like a pretty corrupt use of power .

Guess it should be OK for any scorned girl to make an accusation about a player and it be taken as truth no matter what the people that actually get paid to do those jobs in real life find in there investigations .

Its all about money and a couple holding penalties or pass interference can take it out of the Eagles hands in a hurry . Football anymore is like All Star Wrestling designed for maximum drama . Real football was played in the 70s boring maybe but real

diver5000

Reaction score
Law enforcement didn't find the girl to be a credible witness and neither did Goodells female investigator but Zeke was suspended anyway . Looks like a pretty corrupt use of power .

Guess it should be OK for any scorned girl to make an accusation about a player and it be taken as truth no matter what the people that actually get paid to do those jobs in real life find in there investigations .

Its all about money and a couple holding penalties or pass interference can take it out of the Eagles hands in a hurry . Football anymore is like All Star Wrestling designed for maximum drama . Real football was played in the 70s boring maybe but real
So I guess Zeke shouldn't have exposed that girls breast for the cameras but since it's mr innocent that's fine with you. Truly pathetic homer fans get what they deserve, nowhere.

Blackrain

Reaction score
So I guess Zeke shouldn't have exposed that girls breast for the cameras but since it's mr innocent that's fine with you. Truly pathetic homer fans get what they deserve, nowhere.
That girl was all about it she wanted him to do that . Heck I have seen a guy expose breasts at half time in the super bowl and nobody stopped him from making a living over it. LOLOL

diver5000

Reaction score
That girl was all about it she wanted him to do that . Heck I have seen a guy expose breasts at half time in the super bowl and nobody stopped him from making a living over it. LOLOL
So much for players setting an example for our youth. :oops:

RD21

Reaction score
You have to be a pretty huge fan of football to want to be a ref.

Some people might be surprised to know that lots of refs played football at some level, & or coached at some level. I know a couple guys that ref little league, & high school football. Both of them played little league, high school, college, & minor league football. I know another guy that refs College football, & aspires to be an NFL Ref. He played in little league, high school, college, minor league, & the CFL. He also said, you need 10yrs of D1 college ref experience to even be considered for the NFL. In addition to playing, the handful of refs I personally know also coached football at one level or another.

My point is..... you have to be pretty dedicated to football, & know a fair amount about the game to be an NFL ref. It's a tough job. The guys who do it, have been very committed to their craft for a looooong time. Professionalism aside, it would be hard for even them to not be star struck at times. To chum it up, or shake hands with players before, or after the game.....seems pretty courteous to me.

I don't believe in a broad conspiracy of refs at all. I think they do the best they can. Is it possible for a bad apple to exist, & intentionally screw someone...?! Their human, of course it's possible but, I don't think a large conspiracy exists.

kskboys

Reaction score
You have to be a pretty huge fan of football to want to be a ref.

Some people might be surprised to know that lots of refs played football at some level, & or coached at some level. I know a couple guys that ref little league, & high school football. Both of them played little league, high school, college, & minor league football. I know another guy that refs College football, & aspires to be an NFL Ref. He played in little league, high school, college, minor league, & the CFL. He also said, you need 10yrs of D1 college ref experience to even be considered for the NFL. In addition to playing, the handful of refs I personally know also coached football at one level or another.

My point is..... you have to be pretty dedicated to football, & know a fair amount about the game to be an NFL ref. It's a tough job. The guys who do it, have been very committed to their craft for a looooong time. Professionalism aside, it would be hard for even them to not be star struck at times. To chum it up, or shake hands with players before, or after the game.....seems pretty courteous to me.

I don't believe in a broad conspiracy of refs at all. I think they do the best they can. Is it possible for a bad apple to exist, & intentionally screw someone...?! Their human, of course it's possible but, I don't think a large conspiracy exists.
I used to believe that also, but I just cannot explain away the horrific non calls in the JAX/NE game.

RD21

Reaction score
I used to believe that also, but I just cannot explain away the horrific non calls in the JAX/NE game.

Happens in lots of games.

You can take two different people, watch the exact same broadcast, & have two completely different interpretations of what was seen. It's actually pretty common.

kskboys

Reaction score
Happens in lots of games.

You can take two different people, watch the exact same broadcast, & have two completely different interpretations of what was seen. It's actually pretty common.
Yeah, but the fact remains: One penalty. Of the inconsequential sort. Against NE.

Once again, trying to sort this out myself. Doesn't make sense. You know me from DC.com, and I'm not a conspiracy nut by any means. However, this was way lopsided. No matter how you slice it, something is foul in the state of Denmark. You're talking multiple calls missed where the NE guy was tackling/holding their opponent right in front of the refs. Really sick stuff.

Blackrain

Reaction score
So much for players setting an example for our youth. :oops:
I don't count on this new age of players setting an example for anything just happy when they aren't on drugs and can play and help the team.

I lowered my expectations a long time ago to avoid disappointment

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

The refs can't see every player on every play all at the same time. So when a player "was holding right in front of the ref and it wasn't called" happens, the ref that is right in front of the play might not have been looking at that particular player, for example if the guard is holding, the ref may have been looking at the other side of the o-line.

Now as far as conspiracies go, there are some broader questions. In one of the first two Dallas-Pittsburgh SBs, the Steelers that year were the most penalized team in the NFL, but not one single penalty was called against them. In that SB or the other, Landry complained that the Steelers DBs were holding and interfering with the Dallas receivers on nearly every pass play, yet the refs turned a deaf ear. Landry was not known as a whiner, if he was complaining I suspect he had a legit case.

But that's impossible to prove, makes for interesting discussion though...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't count on this new age of players setting an example for anything just happy when they aren't on drugs and can play and help the team.

I lowered my expectations a long time ago to avoid disappointment

NFL players are people, people will disappoint you. There are many players that are good examples, such as Witten, I agree you have every right to "lower your expectations" of the NFL as a whole, but there have always been bad examples in the NFL, it's just that with cell phones, surveillance cameras, twitter and just a change of society's views on things (as in Adrian Peterson whipping his kid), things that in the past were ignored or just not known about are now brought front and center...

kskboys

Reaction score
The refs can't see every player on every play all at the same time. So when a player "was holding right in front of the ref and it wasn't called" happens, the ref that is right in front of the play might not have been looking at that particular player, for example if the guard is holding, the ref may have been looking at the other side of the o-line.

Now as far as conspiracies go, there are some broader questions. In one of the first two Dallas-Pittsburgh SBs, the Steelers that year were the most penalized team in the NFL, but not one single penalty was called against them. In that SB or the other, Landry complained that the Steelers DBs were holding and interfering with the Dallas receivers on nearly every pass play, yet the refs turned a deaf ear. Landry was not known as a whiner, if he was complaining I suspect he had a legit case.

But that's impossible to prove, makes for interesting discussion though...
Yeah, that's what I've heard multiple people say. However, the fact still remains. One penalty, and multiple bad infractions not called. It's one thing to miss a call or two. But, to call tickytack stuff on one team, and miss obvious stuff on the other team. It's just too much. Something is going on.

Agree w/ Landry. I've thought that myself several times.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You’re still talking conspiracies. You were talking about the NFL being fixed 15 years ago on the old board.
So what? Talking about conspiracies doesn't mean they aren't true and it sure as hell doesn't mean they won't exist 15 years later. I don't knock you for your conspiracy theory about me stalking you even though it's not true so you need to get over your hang-up about who can and can not talk about conspiracies unless you don't mind your own hypocritical behavior and the folks like me that see it and will not hesitate to call you out for it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So what? Talking about conspiracies doesn't mean they aren't true and it sure as hell doesn't mean they won't exist 15 years later. I don't knock you for your conspiracy theory about me stalking you even though it's not true so you need to get over your hang-up about who can and can not talk about conspiracies unless you don't mind your own hypocritical behavior and the folks like me that see it and will not hesitate to call you out for it.

You believe in the tooth fairy, the great pumpkin and every ridiculous conspiracy theory there is. You’re so lost you were still predicting Greg Hardy would show up two weeks into training camp 2016...LMAO! You’re one of the least knowledgeable fans on this board.