NFL: Cowboys planning extension for Jason Garrett

robertfchew

Reaction score
The only coach I see with any fire and challenging players is Chris Richard.

There isn’t talent to fire up tho. Byron Jones has been a bust. Heath is a try hard jag, the other safety is always less than a jag, awuzie can’t find a ball to save a life.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There isn’t talent to fire up tho. Byron Jones has been a bust. Heath is a try hard jag, the other safety is always less than a jag, awuzie can’t find a ball to save a life.

What about the LBs? Smith and LVE have been garbage in the run game.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'll be the first to give Garrett credit for the 3-5 turnaround, but, do we REALLY want to give him an extension? Same story still playing out under him.

And yeah I'm frustrated.

ghst187

Reaction score
Cowboys planning extension for Jason Garrett

0ap3000001009786_thumbnail_200_150.jpg

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports that the Cowboys will ink head coach Jason Garrett to a long-term extension in the offseason and will also promote Kris Richard to full-time defensive coordinator.

Read Full Story

Mistake

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'll be the first to give Garrett credit for the 3-5 turnaround, but, do we REALLY want to give him an extension? Same story still playing out under him.

And yeah I'm frustrated.

Garrett is a good enough coach to keep a job, but his history shows that he's not good enough to get us to the big game.

I think this game shows how an offense needs to be both talented AND creative for a team to be elite. Despite us having some really good players over the years, we are always going to be held back by Garrett's belief that we don't have to outsmart the other team.

We have to have an elite defense in order to get over the hump with Garrett, and the Rams are showing what good coaching can do against a very good defense.