News: NFL: Cowboys WR Michael Gallup happy to be '1,000 leaps forward' from last year at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Wow, so the 3rd WR is a starter? Thanks young buck for letting me know that. LOL

1-3 is useless now? Sure buddy. I mean................without that kind of keen insight I would be lost.

1-3 is interchangeable? So Lamb and and Noah last year couldnt tell the difference eh?

You will learn how good Cook is this year. Watch and learn little boy!! :thumbup:
Aww. Buddy. Drunk posting again. Nowhere did I say 1-3 were interchangeable.

Gallup is the 3 -- and that doesn't matter to defensive coordinators. It is all about pick your poison.

The comparison with Noah is just stupid. He's not a guy you would ever double. He was a 5th WR at best who was filling in.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I think most fans fail to understand that while you can return to playing from a torn ACL in 9-12 months, it typically takes 18-24 months before you are back to your former level, both physically and mentally.

Of course you may be right that Gallup is better suited as the #3 guy and if that's the case, he should do better this year for that reason alone.

I think with Cooks on the team, they will use Gallup more in shorter routes because catching the ball in traffic is one of his strengths. As a result, that may mean he catches more passes this year and maybe a few more touchdowns, but he may have less total yards as a result.
I think many think about Adrian Peterson's historic rebound, but ACLs aren't easy to come back from. In fact some athletes used to have their careers cut short by acls yeara ago. Everyone's timeline is different as you pointed out so hopefully Gallup can get back to who he was a few years ago.

offlimits

Reaction score
I think most fans fail to understand that while you can return to playing from a torn ACL in 9-12 months, it typically takes 18-24 months before you are back to your former level, both physically and mentally.

Of course you may be right that Gallup is better suited as the #3 guy and if that's the case, he should do better this year for that reason alone.

I think with Cooks on the team, they will use Gallup more in shorter routes because catching the ball in traffic is one of his strengths. As a result, that may mean he catches more passes this year and maybe a few more touchdowns, but he may have less total yards as a result.
Completely agree from personal experience. After the surgery and rehab, the doctor tells you the knee is sound and the coach wants you to play. It is just human nature to be apprehensive. Correct with the 18-24 month timeline.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Aww. Buddy. Drunk posting again. Nowhere did I say 1-3 were interchangeable.

Gallup is the 3 -- and that doesn't matter to defensive coordinators. It is all about pick your poison.

The comparison with Noah is just stupid. He's not a guy you would ever double. He was a 5th WR at best who was filling in.
He was #3 genius. Try again

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oline will play the biggest role. We have so many great weapons in both the run and passing game. I think we finally have a offensive system that can take advantage and we no longer have Zeke forced on us.

But the Oline has to block.
Backs have to block too...picking up the blitz is tough. I can see Vaughn going low on someone! Lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Backs have to block too...picking up the blitz is tough. I can see Vaughn going low on someone! Lol
I wouldnt put him in that situation would you? If he was in there, I might leak him out as soon as the lber blitzed?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldnt put him in that situation would you? If he was in there, I might leak him out as soon as the lber blitzed?
It was a joke....that's why I put lol.
Sorry to confuse you
Another lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because of injury. He was the 3 because Gallup was out, not by choice.

Stop deflecting
Yep, he was #3. Because of injury, thats the point. And a lame Gallup was #2.

Houston was #4. Shultz got injured in like the first or 2nd game. It was bad.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yep, he was #3. Because of injury, thats the point. And a lame Gallup was #2.

Houston was #4. Shultz got injured in like the first or 2nd game. It was bad.
And what sorta sense are you making?

None.

You make disputes and just throw out random stuff to make it seem like you are knowledgeable

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Maybe some of you will get your wish and Gallup will have another crappy year since obviously your outrageous board opinions seem more important to you than the Cowboys winning. I'm sure if he has a TD or a good game you'll be on here trying to belittle it or justify it as meaningless in some way.

This board :facepalm:
Even when we are deep at WR, complainers are going to complain.
4 deep at WR 2023, that's all I'm concerned with now.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Gallup it seems is just happy to be back to the #3 WR on this team so he can finally beat single coverage and the weaker corner on D this year. Maybe he can mentally handle that better?
Well if we're just going to make things up, then totally.

He's an outside receiver, he's always going to get the #2, and that's assuming that the #1 actually travels with CD.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gallup it seems is just happy to be back to the #3 WR on this team so he can finally beat single coverage and the weaker corner on D this year. Maybe he can mentally handle that better?
Gallup handled the #2 role just fine in 2019, before Lamb was drafted & before his injury. 1107 yards & 6 TD's.

That said, I'm happy as hell to have him as the #3. Not many teams will have a #3 at that level

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well if we're just going to make things up, then totally.

He's an outside receiver, he's always going to get the #2, and that's assuming that the #1 actually travels with CD.
Those words came out of his own mouth in an interview.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Those words came out of his own mouth in an interview.
No, they didn't. You just don't like him so you grossly misrepresented what he said and turned it into some nonsense evaluation of his psyche and motivations of him a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.