News: NFL: Dak Refusing To Be Worried About WR Corps

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas was #1 scoring team in 2022 (I know your next response, but feeding you anyway)....

in 2020, dallas defense was 28th.

but I totally get your point. nobody but Dak has any responsibility to wins. NOBODY.

and please explain what does $160M have to do with anything? I don't get that at all.

Where was he till the 4th Q again?????

FDnrMxMVQAAMjhP.jpg:large

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or in the wildcard loss where was he again till the 4th Q?
Our fans pretty much sum up the Dak years.....

P.S. If you know where he disappears till the 4th Q(Garbage time) please let the people know......

FJRFJAQX0AMvCfI

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But yet, you're never capable of explaining how a sorry lemon quarterback could have had the production that Dak has had since he's entered the league.

Many coaches, scouts, players and GMs have made many comments about Dak that contradict your version of Dak.

Are you publicly saying right here in front of everybody that you know more about NFL quarterback talent than other NFL scouts, coaches, players and GMs??? Are you saying that you know more than these highly paid NFL professionals that eat, sleep, and breathe NFL football???

Please share with us why what you say about Dak doesn't line up with his ranking, winning percentage, production, and the words of experienced NFL professionals.
I'm not a dak hater...but how many 1st round picks has dak had on his offense? Not many rookie QB's get that kind of team to start on.....righyt? usually pretty crappy teams let's ask Joe Burrow.

Dak is a mid round QB that got to start on a pretty dman good team. Has hade 4-5 1st round offensive people around him. 3 on the offensive line. Cooper was a 1st round pick. Zeke was a HGH first round. CeeDee 1st round pick.

Funny when we LOSE...it;s a team game....but when we try to sell winning and good stats...Dak did it all on his own? Mkay.

Flamma

Reaction score
If you had a car (Dak) that broke down for 6 straight years on your family vacation (playoffs) would you trust it for the 7th year? No hesitations at all? No trust lost at all?

No, you wouldn't trust anything in your life that has failed you for 6th straight years, so why the unconditional trust in Dak?

And you call the ones that don't trust him "clowns".....

There are two competing mindsets when it comes to QBs.

1. Pay anyone that's good top dollar. An elite QB is not walking on to the team anytime soon. Build around said QB and just be happy you're not 3-13 every year. This is the most popular and it's also how most owners think as well.

2. Don't pay any QB that isn't elite or close to it. Keep turning them over until you find at minimum a Romo, Stafford, Carr, or better.

I fall under the #2 category. By what I see from you I think you're close to the same. You're never going to convince someone that thinks it's a good idea to give a QB like Kirk Cousins a huge contract. It's the same crap holding back the Titans. Yeah they can be good now and then, but they have to get lucky to get to a SB. And team success is sporadic.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I think Romo was a borderline franchise QB, both because he tended to wilt when the pressure was on and because he was prone to injury. I think scrambling Prescott is slightly better. Hopefully his injury and mental hurdles from 2021 are gone and he's ready to take us deep into the play-offs.

GINeric

Reaction score
I'm not a dak hater...but how many 1st round picks has dak had on his offense? Not many rookie QB's get that kind of team to start on.....righyt? usually pretty crappy teams let's ask Joe Burrow.

Dak is a mid round QB that got to start on a pretty dman good team. Has hade 4-5 1st round offensive people around him. 3 on the offensive line. Cooper was a 1st round pick. Zeke was a HGH first round. CeeDee 1st round pick.

Funny when we LOSE...it;s a team game....but when we try to sell winning and good stats...Dak did it all on his own? Mkay.

Actually according to some around here... when we lose, its Dak's fault. But when we win, its because of the efforts of the team....

Its funny you've mentioned that 1st round pick thing... because Dak has played better in his first 5 years than alot of first, second, AND third round quarterbacks and outplayed every quarterback in his draft class and Dak was a 4th rounder.

So apparently from what i was told, just because guys were drafted in the first round, don't make them good players. Then you brought up COOPER??? If Coop was so good, why did a team like the Raiders who had a limited receiving corp let him go???

I can answer that..... for the same reason DALLAS let him go.... Coop disappears in big games and away games. His heart gets snatched by good lockdown cornerbacks.

Again... having a team full of high draft picks don't always mean success, and its not the always the quarterback's fault. How many high picks do teams like the Jets, Browns, and other bottom feeder teams get for decades and don't even make the playoffs???

The Patriots didn't have the benefit of a bunch of high picks, but they still succeeded.

No matter where you pick players, its the coaches responsibility to make them play as a unit. The quarterback has to do their part, but they are NOT responsible for the production of the defense and special teams. Dak has to step it up, but stop putting all the blame on Dak. Thats not all his fault.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
We’ll know pretty quick. Hopefully, the front office didn’t over value the talent on the roster. Will we see the same start to a season that caused the staff to trade FOR Cooper? Good god, I hope not….

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Or in the wildcard loss where was he again till the 4th Q?
Our fans pretty much sum up the Dak years.....

P.S. If you know where he disappears till the 4th Q(Garbage time) please let the people know......

FJRFJAQX0AMvCfI
Was that an official WWWWWWAAAAAHHHHHH

DandyDon52

Reaction score
well this is kinda silly, the dumb questions they ask these guys lol.
He has to put a positive spin on his answer, and not say anything negative about any of the wr group.
He also has to show confidence in them.

Dak and other nfl players cant answer questions honestly, they have to give a politically correct answer, and something that will sound good
to their team mates.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
There are two competing mindsets when it comes to QBs.

1. Pay anyone that's good top dollar. An elite QB is not walking on to the team anytime soon. Build around said QB and just be happy you're not 3-13 every year. This is the most popular and it's also how most owners think as well.

2. Don't pay any QB that isn't elite or close to it. Keep turning them over until you find at minimum a Romo, Stafford, Carr, or better.

I fall under the #2 category. By what I see from you I think you're close to the same. You're never going to convince someone that thinks it's a good idea to give a QB like Kirk Cousins a huge contract. It's the same crap holding back the Titans. Yeah they can be good now and then, but they have to get lucky to get to a SB. And team success is sporadic.
Yes.

I am 100% under the #2 category.

When you make the decision that you're going to build around a QB like Dak or Cousins you need way too many things to go right. You have very little room for error with the rest of the roster. We've had what I would consider a pretty good roster almost every year since 2016, but that's the rub, "pretty good" has proven to not be good enough with Dak.

It's not all the QB either, but there are times when the most important player on the team needs to put them team on their back and will them to victory when things aren't working.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually according to some around here... when we lose, its Dak's fault. But when we win, its because of the efforts of the team....

Its funny you've mentioned that 1st round pick thing... because Dak has played better in his first 5 years than alot of first, second, AND third round quarterbacks and outplayed every quarterback in his draft class and Dak was a 4th rounder.

So apparently from what i was told, just because guys were drafted in the first round, don't make them good players. Then you brought up COOPER??? If Coop was so good, why did a team like the Raiders who had a limited receiving corp let him go???

I can answer that..... for the same reason DALLAS let him go.... Coop disappears in big games and away games. His heart gets snatched by good lockdown cornerbacks.

Again... having a team full of high draft picks don't always mean success, and its not the always the quarterback's fault. How many high picks do teams like the Jets, Browns, and other bottom feeder teams get for decades and don't even make the playoffs???

The Patriots didn't have the benefit of a bunch of high picks, but they still succeeded.

No matter where you pick players, its the coaches responsibility to make them play as a unit. The quarterback has to do their part, but they are NOT responsible for the production of the defense and special teams. Dak has to step it up, but stop putting all the blame on Dak. Thats not all his fault.
Okay...I wasn;t trying to rate Dak's draft status. Of oucrse he has played well....and much better than many 1st round busts!

And of course a 1st round pick doesn't equal super bowl.But it does mean they are originally well graded. Our 1st rounders have played pretty good. Yes even Cooper did....you don;pt think so? Odd.

Actually a good QB and offense CAN help the defense. If we go three and out...thatmake sit hard on them. If we run the ball...control the clock and score...it makes it easier. Think 2016.

Look...you don;lt have to try to so hard with me about Dak. I'm okay with him being the QB. I was answering your question about possibly why Dak has done so well. We should ask Joe Burrow how it feels to start on a not so great team. He got busted up. How's trevor lawrence doing?

Having a GOD team....surely helps. Most starting rookie QB's were early 1st round picks for a reason. Dak didn't have that. He went to a very good competitive team.

Beastsfromthenfceast

Reaction score
Why worry when you know you are going to stink the place out anyways , regardless of who's on the receiving end .

Last edited: