Twitter: NFL does not fine Harrison Smith for play involving CeeDee Lamb

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm sick and tired of hearing those who say there is no conspiracy, bias against or favoritism by the NFL and its game officials. Clear as day.

I can’t understand why those of you who believe that even bother to watch the games. One fan here is so lost they believe the division winners, playoffs and Super Bowl winner has been pre-determined by the league.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A player would have to be a complete moron to intentionally try and choke out a player. There’s cameras everywhere! A player could be suspended for several games for something like that. Not only could they lose game checks but it could cost them endorsements.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Friend sent me a clip of what they reviewed with their NFL Goggles:

giphy.gif
LMAO!!

Well done.......

Techsass

Reaction score
Hard to tell from the video. If his thumb or something got caught up in the face area, then the arm would naturally be forced into a choking position due to the position of their bodies (Lamb mostly on top of him).

And, from Lamb's perspective it could seem like he was being choked, even if Smith's hand was just caught. So, just because it felt like one thing to him, it doesn't mean he had an accirate interpretation of what was going on.

By reactionary, I believe he is suggesting you see one perspective that looks like something and you react based on that. The alternative being to consider other possibilities and take time to think critically about it.
In theory that might make sense, but I think Lamb would know that somebody was choking him. And by that I mean feel the pressure being exerted on his neck, not just feeling squeezed a bit.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This has got to be theeeee dumbest statement ever..

Every minute of everyday is a reaction.........
But one can either let their initial reactions define their actions, or they can consider whether or not they're first impression could be mistaken.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is there a front view of the incident that shows exactly where the thumb was, or is it just a foregone conclusion that it was intentional?

CWR

Reaction score
Hard to tell from the video. If his thumb or something got caught up in the face area, then the arm would naturally be forced into a choking position due to the position of their bodies (Lamb mostly on top of him).

And, from Lamb's perspective it could seem like he was being choked, even if Smith's hand was just caught. So, just because it felt like one thing to him, it doesn't mean he had an accirate interpretation of what was going on.

By reactionary, I believe he is suggesting you see one perspective that looks like something and you react based on that. The alternative being to consider other possibilities and take time to think critically about it.

If my hand was lodged in someone else's face mask I'd probably be looking at my hand and trying to figure out how to free it.

I wouldn't be scanning the field to make certain no refs were watching.

Mr_437

Reaction score

Thank you. So you believe that you just told me or you think it was a choke?