Twitter: NFL does not fine Harrison Smith for play involving CeeDee Lamb

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Police choke hold involves no hands and is similar to what we witnessed in that video.
The video I saw shows the arm off to the side, not on the throat. It's what convinced me that his arm wasn't stuck under the facemask, which I originally thought was the case.

CWR

Reaction score
1. You assume what Smith was looking at, and why.
2. Are you factoring in Lamb laying on top of Smith? Probably a bit difficult to see the other side, and top of, of Lamb while laying beneath him.

Hes looking directly towards the official running up the field in his direction. Never saw him actually look down at how his hand was entangled. Seems odd.

Which hand was stuck, since it appears he had TWO arms yanking at CDs neck?

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, guess what? Here's a frame by frame. He's dirty plain and simple. Why on earth you guys would want to defend the dirt bag is beyond me.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I predicted this. There was just no detailed video from the front that showed what Smith was doing with his hand exactly. It just looked like he tried to prevent Lamb from getting up if you ignore Lamb's reaction. You convict him solely on Lamb's reaction and no hard evidence and that would get overturned on appeal quickly. Don't even have to read the thread to know what's going down regarding 'spiracy. We had a few threads already. Extend it out some more I guess.

Lutonio

Reaction score
At least no one was taunted or had their feelings hurt.

Seriously though, I don’t think I would pull my hand hand back and choke harder on that secondary effort if my thumb were stuck.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hes looking directly towards the official running up the field in his direction. Never saw him actually look down at how his hand was entangled. Seems odd.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, guess what? Here's a frame by frame. He's dirty plain and simple. Why on earth you guys would want to defend the dirt bag is beyond me.

The only time I could see the right arm was as they were landing on the turf (not choking) and when they were laying there, and his hand was on the ground to his right (not choking). What really got my attention was the way none of the players who were right there looking at them jumped in, or reacted in any way other than cheerfully yelling about Lamb's reception. Interpret that however you will, but to me, it means they didn't see a choke hold, despite having a clear view.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Respectfully, the bolded is BS. What did you see, what did everyone see?

Anyway, a thumb on the chinstrap is ridiculous..how about a forearm on a neck. Ceedee's reaction tells the story of what happened.

Dallas is a league office target period. If that Golden boy Tom Brady, Harrison would be suspended haha.
Suspended? They'd cut the offending arm off!

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Honestly, do you feel that video is definitive? That it's a good angle? I'm seriously curious.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Honestly, do you feel that video is definitive? That it's a good angle? I'm seriously curious.
The guy (Bruce Matson) may have an astronomical 740 subscribers, but the bias is palpable in his video. He seems to think that's an open and shut case right there. He says he shows "frame by frame" video, but it looked just very slightly slowed down to me, and still showed nothing conclusive. As I said earlier, the thing that stands out the most is that none of Lamb's teammates who were right there watching reacted in any way that makes me think they saw him being choked.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The guy (Bruce Matson) may have an astronomical 740 subscribers, but the bias is palpable in his video. He seems to think that's an open and shut case right there. He says he shows "frame by frame" video, but it looked just very slightly slowed down to me, and still showed nothing conclusive. As I said earlier, the thing that stands out the most is that none of Lamb's teammates who were right there watching reacted in any way that makes me think they saw him being choked.

In their defense, they were excited about the catch and the whole choke exchange was over in seconds. Sometimes, a dirty move goes unnoticed. It's possible that his teammates saw it for what it was, but I don't know if the Cowboys would have submitted it for review if some player had said, "Nah, his hand was stuck."

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There's multiple angles that illustrate Smith purposely not letting go and holding Lamb down with both hands. I doubt both were stuck. The ref saw it and it looks like he warned Smith. Maybe it wasn't enough to fine him, maybe the warning (if it happened) was enough. Not a real huge deal. There is NO CONSPIRACY against Dallas.

That being said, I'm pretty sure Smith was penalized last year with a hit on Lamb.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In their defense, they were excited about the catch and the whole choke exchange was over in seconds. Sometimes, a dirty move goes unnoticed. It's possible that his teammates saw it for what it was, but I don't know if the Cowboys would have submitted it for review if some player had said, "Nah, his hand was stuck."
But they were looking right at them, not 10 feet away. If they didn't see anything worth getting mad about, why is it so wrong that the league didn't either, especially since they didn't even have the view his teammates had?

Redline360

Reaction score
I'd it was the other way around 6 game suspension for the cowboys.

Almost disgusting it was dismissed. You don't "purposely" lean back and chock him more if your thumb is caught. It was 100% intentional

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
But they were looking right at them, not 10 feet away. If they didn't see anything worth getting mad about, why is it so wrong that the league didn't either, especially since they didn't even have the view his teammates had?

I just can't base whether he did it or not on the reaction of Lamb's teammates. All that tells us is that it wasn't blatant enough for them to notice, but if you are going to choke an opponent, you don't want it to be blatant enough for the officials to notice and flag you.

I don't have a problem with the league not doing anything because the camera angle doesn't show if it's a choke or not. But I also can't say he didn't choke him just because Lamb's teammates didn't see it.

CWR

Reaction score

I don’t believe definitive likely exist. Either explanation is possible. One however, appears to be much more likely.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just can't base whether he did it or not on the reaction of Lamb's teammates. All that tells us is that it wasn't blatant enough for them to notice, but if you are going to choke an opponent, you don't want it to be blatant enough for the officials to notice and flag you.

I don't have a problem with the league not doing anything because the camera angle doesn't show if it's a choke or not. But I also can't say he didn't choke him just because Lamb's teammates didn't see it.
Exactly, it's inconclusive. Yet the torches are being lit and the pitchforks sharpened.

CWR

Reaction score
The only time I could see the right arm was as they were landing on the turf (not choking) and when they were laying there, and his hand was on the ground to his right (not choking). What really got my attention was the way none of the players who were right there looking at them jumped in, or reacted in any way other than cheerfully yelling about Lamb's reception. Interpret that however you will, but to me, it means they didn't see a choke hold, despite having a clear view.

You haven't seen the meme with Randy Gregory standing there pointing at Smith like ***??

Pretty obvious Randy thought it was filthy and he was about 5 feet away.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You haven't seen the meme with Randy Gregory standing there pointing at Smith like ***??

I've seen a couple of videos from different angles, and he didn't seem to react in any way but cheering for CeeDee.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

The only thing I see Gregory doing is mimicking Lamb's wiping snot first down move, which also involves pointing. Was that it?