NFL DRAFT 2005 RECORDED: DALLAS COWBOYS ALREADY CHOOSED THEIR PLAYERS--story here

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
NFL DRAFT 2005

11th: Moved up to draft Mike Williams to tennesee with the 2nd and 1st round draft choice and Daniel Campbell and next's year 5th Round...and tenesse gives up their first round draft choice and a 6th Round...
20th: Traded down to 29th for colts pick and their 3rd round, 4th round, next year 6th....
29th: Trade to 32nd Patroits_for their 3rd, 5th for the 2005 draft, and a 6th for the 2006 draft...
32nd: Heath Miller TE
Dallas Cowboys trade their 2nd Round for next year to Saints for Darren Howard..
3rd Round: Brandon Browner CB/S
3rd Round: Marlin Jackson CB/S
3rd Round: ROBERT MCCUNE LB
4th Round: Darren Sproles RB
4th Round: Peter Sands S
5th Round: Derek Wake LB
6th Round: BRANDON JACOBS FB
6th Round: LORENZO ALEXANDER

6th Round: JON DUNN

NicholasD

Reaction score
Why in the hell would the Cowboys literally waste a first round pick on Miller?

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
NicholasD said:
Why in the hell would the Cowboys literally waste a first round pick on Miller?

That's what I was wondering. You don't daft another TE in the first round when you have two quality TEs on the roster.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
That's what I was wondering. You don't daft another TE in the first round when you have two quality TEs on the roster.

according to this mock, we've traded Dan Campbell and everything but the kitchen sink to draft Mike Williams. And somehow was able to do a bunch of moves up and down the 1st round to somehow still have another #1 pick to draft Miller...

Hmmm...I'd say this mock needs a little more work...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
ralph_nose.gif

choo.jpg

I really wish this could have been my 2000th post.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'll be glad when the draft gets here, some of these posting are pretty far fetched.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Compacity said:
NFL DRAFT 2005

11th: Moved up to draft Mike Williams to tennesee with the 2nd and 1st round draft choice and Daniel Campbell

You must be joking.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
Do ya think.....LOL.

I do not respond to 90% of these posting because some are so far in left field it makes you wonder about the person starting the thread.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I would be so pissed I could not see straight if we did all that and drafted a TE. Giving up all that for Mike Williams is just ludicrous. If we need a WR that badly just take Williamson or White with the pick we have. The other trade downs I have no particular problem with but I would NOT take Heath Miller at that spot.

That is two first round picks and all we have addressed is one position…WR. Losing Dan Campbell and picking up Heath Miller is a wash and is unnecessary considering we have Witten to go with Campbell.

This does not address our top needs of DL, LB and FS with our top picks. All we would have done would be to replace a proven Dan Campbell with a crap shoot on a hot prospect who may or may not be better…or even as good. That and find a replacement for Keyshawn when he retires but we need a deep threat with speed to replace Glenn; Mike Williams is NOT a speedy deep threat. Glenn will need a replacement long before Key.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
i'm still wondering how in the world can you already ahve choose your players before the draft, i mean i can understand a mock draft of who you want, but from what i understand arent drafts you know done on draft day not a month before???

blindzebra

Reaction score
So much VERY WRONG!

First trade:

#6 is worth 1700, the 6th is worth 25

#11 is worth 1250, #42 is 490, next 5th is 25, plus Campbell.

We are trading 1765 points plus a starting quality TE for 1725.

Indy trade:

#20 is worth 900

The Indy picks are worth 675, 130, 48, and 15.

This one is fairly close, but what is Indy's motivation to move up?

NE trade:

#29 is worth 675

NE's picks are worth 600, 115, 29, and 15. Why would NE do it?

We are getting screwed by Tennesee, we are screwing NE, and you have a team with cap problems and holes on defense trading up and giving away picks.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Compacity said:
NFL DRAFT 2005

11th: Moved up to draft Mike Williams to tennesee with the 2nd and 1st round draft choice and Daniel Campbell and next's year 5th Round...and tenesse gives up their first round draft choice and a 6th Round...
20th: Traded down to 29th for colts pick and their 3rd round, 4th round, next year 6th....
29th: Trade to 32nd Patroits_for their 3rd, 5th for the 2005 draft, and a 6th for the 2006 draft...
32nd: Heath Miller TE
Dallas Cowboys trade their 2nd Round for next year to Saints for Darren Howard..
3rd Round: Brandon Browner CB/S
3rd Round: Marlin Jackson CB/S
3rd Round: ROBERT MCCUNE LB
4th Round: Darren Sproles RB
4th Round: Peter Sands S
5th Round: Derek Wake LB
6th Round: BRANDON JACOBS FB
6th Round: LORENZO ALEXANDER

6th Round: JON DUNN

Hey i got a question where did you get this genius information from???

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Geez, it's one guy's mock draft. You may or may not like it but it's his opinion.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Avery said:
Geez, it's one guy's mock draft. You may or may not like it but it's his opinion.

no he said this what is gonna happen he said it was already done thi is why hes getting chewed out