Recommended *** NFL Draft 2021 Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

visionary

Reaction score
Because I always give players 3 years in the leauge bf I make any conclusions. However, looking at White I would have the same opinion. He's on a stacked defense which make him look better. He's not that great, actually pretty terrible in coverage. Honestly, kind of a bad example. You should have gone with Isaiah Simmons who has been much better than White, though I still would not have burned a top ten pick on him.

I'm ok with CB, bc traditionally they have the high hit rate (70% of 1st RD DBs get their 5th year option picked-up)

there is a Bleacher Report article (google it) focusing on Probowls, All Pro and bust rates fir players taken in rd 1. In every category rd 1 LBs are better than CBS. You are just going based on your bias but the facts don’t support you

MikeB80

Reaction score
hope not WFT....Rodgers with that defense....or he could follow Favre again and wind up in Minny...lol

seems like we have all this information right before the start of the draft because someone is trying to force a trade. To me it seems that he wants to go to SF and so the niners and rodgers agent are putting out this inside info to squeeze GB.

The Packers will come out looking bad no matter what happens. SF seemingly wants to make this happen before the draft starts tonight....imo anyway.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
seems like we have all this information right before the start of the draft because someone is trying to force a trade. To me it seems that he wants to go to SF and so the niners and rodgers agent are putting out this inside info to squeeze GB.

The Packers will come out looking bad no matter what happens. SF seemingly wants to make this happen before the draft starts tonight....imo anyway.
they already kind of look bad because they drafted his replacement last year probably knowing it would piss him off...i don't fault them because you have to plan for the future...but now you are dealing with the drama

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I thought the SF/GB/Rodgers was stuff was junk, but I now read it and think GB would be morons not to pull the trigger on that deal.

MikeB80

Reaction score
they already kind of look bad because they drafted his replacement last year probably knowing it would piss him off...i don't fault them because you have to plan for the future...but now you are dealing with the drama

yea thats the thing. SF/Rodgers agent are putting them in a corner here. Rodgers is going to force his hand and if they don't trade him now they are missing out on acquiring assets.

Imagine if he refuses to play and show up and they trade him for peanuts in the summer.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
there is a Bleacher Report article (google it) focusing on Probowls, All Pro and bust rates fir players taken in rd 1. In every category rd 1 LBs are better than CBS. You are just going based on your bias but the facts don’t support you

interesting article, but dated.

Also, they are counting OLB in the LB group which significantly skews the results.I'd be fine with an OLB/EDGE in the first. That wasn't what I was talking about.

+ you must have missed this part

Bigggest tossups in the top 10: Quarterback, linebacker

The gap between Pro Bowler and bust is smallest for these two positions within both the 25- and 10-year sample.

Safest top-five picks: Offensive line, defensive back

But wide receivers have also been a solid top-five pick in recent years.[\quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.