Recommended *** NFL Draft 2021 Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

C42

Reaction score
But they were at #6.....wouldn't that have been a pick for a QB?
In my opinion it was smart to move down and get that extra first next year, even if we are going to move back up.

The extra firsts gives us 2 (possibly 3 if Wentz does well) firsts next year. This gives us insurance incase Hurts flops. We can easily get a franchise QB next year if he doesn’t do well. If he does do well, we have 2-3 firsts to build around him.

When it comes to moving up in this draft, we will move up at some point because we have too many picks as of right now compared to how much cap space we have. So we might as well move up for our top target.

Howie does deserve criticism on his drafting, but I’m happy with these moves predraft. Just my viewpoint on it.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
If Micah Parsons is there at 10 when we pick (and of course Pitts is gone). We better pick him. He was/is a generational talent. Parsons was a beast. Best player on the field when he played. We do need help at linebacker. We was terrible at stopping the run. If Parsons is there I would draft him over the corners.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In my opinion it was smart to move down and get that extra first next year, even if we are going to move back up.

The extra firsts gives us 2 (possibly 3 if Wentz does well) firsts next year. This gives us insurance incase Hurts flops. We can easily get a franchise QB next year if he doesn’t do well. If he does do well, we have 2-3 firsts to build around him.

When it comes to moving up in this draft, we will move up at some point because we have too many picks as of right now compared to how much cap space we have. So we might as well move up for our top target.

Howie does deserve criticism on his drafting, but I’m happy with these moves predraft. Just my viewpoint on it.
I'm not saying you shouldn't be happy. I get it. Draft capital shows signs of a future. I get it.

But on the outside looking in....none of this makes any sense if the reports reported are to believe.

So the Eagles tried to trade up to get one of these QB's...they couldn't do it so they traded back. All in the sake of getting compensation for next year...you screw Jalen Hurts this year. Completely screw him by not giving him a elite option.

Are the Eagles rebuilding or retooling? Because if they are....they ware wasting years of Hurts rookie deal....

And now reports are they are wanting to trade back to get if front of the Cowboys? How do you do that without giving up one of those 1st or 2nd round draft picks you have? It just makes no sense....it may all be a smokescreen. It almost has to be because otherwise none of this makes sense.

Carson

Reaction score
If Micah Parsons is there at 10 when we pick (and of course Pitts is gone). We better pick him. He was/is a generational talent. Parsons was a beast. Best player on the field when he played. We do need help at linebacker. We was terrible at stopping the run. If Parsons is there I would draft him over the corners.
Not great/experienced against the pass. Seems very immature. Just don’t see him as a great fit here

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
That is the player I want at Number 10 or the Olineman

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ehhh....generational talent is subjective. Parsons has more questions and flaws then Horn or Surtain does. He also plays linebacker. A position you don't take that high. I also don't really see how he fits this defense which normally wouldn't be a concern but I Also don't feel he's a better prospect than Horn or Surtain are. Potential off the field issues as well have been reported.....I like him if Surtain and Horn are off the board.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not great/experienced against the pass. Seems very immature. Just don’t see him as a great fit here
Yeah....I have no issue with him if Surtain and Horn are gone...I don't feel great about it but I have no issue with it. But I don't know about a can't miss generational talent like he spoke of. There's nothing generational about his resume that's for sure.

C42

Reaction score
I'm not saying you shouldn't be happy. I get it. Draft capital shows signs of a future. I get it.

But on the outside looking in....none of this makes any sense if the reports reported are to believe.

So the Eagles tried to trade up to get one of these QB's...they couldn't do it so they traded back. All in the sake of getting compensation for next year...you screw Jalen Hurts this year. Completely screw him by not giving him a elite option.

Are the Eagles rebuilding or retooling? Because if they are....they ware wasting years of Hurts rookie deal....

And now reports are they are wanting to trade back to get if front of the Cowboys? How do you do that without giving up one of those 1st or 2nd round draft picks you have? It just makes no sense....it may all be a smokescreen. It almost has to be because otherwise none of this makes sense.
I think the QB thing was smoke. They won’t trade back up if it involves a 1st. The biggest hole on the team is CB2, y’all should know because y’all really exposed that hole when we played you the second time :(.

We can still land a weapon for Hurts with the second pick. I actually expect us to either trade up in the second for Marshall or Toney or back into the end of the first for one of those two.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think the QB thing was smoke. They won’t trade back up if it involves a 1st. The biggest hole on the team is CB2, y’all should know because y’all really exposed that hole when we played you the second time :(.

We can still land a weapon for Hurts with the second pick. I actually expect us to either trade up in the second for Marshall or Toney or back into the end of the first for one of those two.
I understand but there's a difference getting Hurts the best receiver in the draft as opposed to settling for whatever is left. All for a future 1st? I just disagree with it especially for a team that has had troubles drafting players. The same team that passed up DK Metcalf and Justin Jefferson for other receivers.....

And I don' see how you can go from #12 or #13(forget which pick you guys have) and getting in the top 10 at #8 without involving a 1st rounder. That's why I'm saying none of this makes sense lol.

Reactions: C42

C42

Reaction score
I understand but there's a difference getting Hurts the best receiver in the draft as opposed to settling for whatever is left. All for a future 1st? I just disagree with it especially for a team that has had troubles drafting players. The same team that passed up DK Metcalf and Justin Jefferson for other receivers.....

And I don' see how you can go from #12 or #13(forget which pick you guys have) and getting in the top 10 at #8 without involving a 1st rounder. That's why I'm saying none of this makes sense lol.
I don’t think it will take a future 1st to jump up, but we’ll see.

My prediction is we stay at 12 and trade up at the end of the first. They will trade up at some point, they have too many picks, we’ll see when though!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You're on the wrong board.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t think it will take a future 1st to jump up, but we’ll see.

My prediction is we stay at 12 and trade up at the end of the first. They will trade up at some point, they have too many picks, we’ll see when though!

So if I follow the trade value chart...to get to...let's say #8 which is 1600 points…So if I follow the trade value chart...to get to...let's say #8 which is 1600 points…Philly pick is worth 1200...that second round pick they have is worth 530......maybe a 2nd rounder gets it done if we are talking about compensation this year?

C42

Reaction score
So if I follow the trade value chart...to get to...let's say #8 which is 1600 points…So if I follow the trade value chart...to get to...let's say #8 which is 1600 points…Philly pick is worth 1200...that second round pick they have is worth 530......maybe a 2nd rounder gets it done if we are talking about compensation this year?
We also have 2 thirds. Could pair a 3rd with a pick next year as well. If we move back up, they won't let a 1st go, That's insurance in case Hurts doesn't do well.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We also have 2 thirds. Could pair a 3rd with a pick next year as well. If we move back up, they won't let a 1st go, That's insurance in case Hurts doesn't do well.
Next years draft picks suck at value though don't they? Even the 1st rounders are suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.