Draft Day NFL Draft 2024 Day 2

MikeT22

Reaction score
It turns out one of the big reasons for Wilson's unexpected slide is the fact he only has one ACL, according to NFL Media. The NC State product entered the draft with an extensive history of knee injuries, but Ian Rapoport indicated on NFL Network Friday that "one of (Wilson's) knees does not have an ACL" at all
Well can't tear your ACL if you don't have one.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I’m ok with the draft so far. Without Beebe it would have been a fail so thank goodness for that trade down. I like the defensive players but I can’t imagine they have a huge impact this season.

Our OL is in good shape now for this season and they’ll get to open holes for old Zeke all year.

:popcorn:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Plus, Damone Clark is a** and Overshown is coming off a torn LB. There should be a competition for the LB spot next to Kendricks.
Yeah LB room is wide open to me......I don't know much about the guy but if they truly feel he's a 3rd round talent then he should be competing as well.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We still have a decent shot at a back if we stay where we are
We can take a back if we stay where we are, but the percentages of hitting on one go way down. At this point, I'm taking two to at least up our chances.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
This draft is all about getting tougher. About time. Way too soft for way too long
Since I've had some time to go back and investigate our picks, that certainly seems to be the case. I think we've done a tremendous job in this draft so far considering we didn't pick till #24!
I'm really pleased with our 1st 2 days in the draft!

mldardy

Reaction score
We can take a back if we stay where we are, but the percentages of hitting on one go way down. At this point, I'm taking two to at least up our chances.
Good strategy but I can't see the Jones boys doing that. I'd be shocked.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
It turns out one of the big reasons for Wilson's unexpected slide is the fact he only has one ACL, according to NFL Media. The NC State product entered the draft with an extensive history of knee injuries, but Ian Rapoport indicated on NFL Network Friday that "one of (Wilson's) knees does not have an ACL" at all
You mean he's got a peg leg?......ay,....shoulda been drafted by the Buccaneers, i wonder.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Good strategy but I can't see the Jones boys doing that. I'd be shocked.
Me too. They've devalued the position. And next year, they'll reverse and want to trade up in the first round to take one. Kind of like 2015 and 2016. We let Murray go to a higher bigger, said we were going to do running back by committee with McFadden and Choice (I believe, but may be getting my mediocre backs mixed up) and the next year we were spending on a top-10 pick on Elliott.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I’m ok with the draft so far. Without Beebe it would have been a fail so thank goodness for that trade down. I like the defensive players but I can’t imagine they have a huge impact this season.

Our OL is in good shape now for this season and they’ll get to open holes for old Zeke all year.

:popcorn:
Beebe was my favorite pick of the night, especially if we do see him as a center option. If Guyton can step in at LT right away, I like the power that we have on the interior. Maybe we can just run the Philly sneak on every run play, and that's why we're not taking an RB.

basel90

Reaction score
Nobody knows anything. They scouted him they like him. Big physical downhill lb. Exactly what we need for run d
Agree . The analysts are wrong on so many player rankings . The cowboys staff must have evaluated him differently. It is good to stick to their own assessment and not pundits all the time . Time will tell .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Me too. They've devalued the position. And next year, they'll reverse and want to trade up in the first round to take one. Kind of like 2015 and 2016. We let Murray go to a higher bigger, said we were going to do running back by committee with McFadden and Choice (I believe, but may be getting my mediocre backs mixed up) and the next year we were spending on a top-10 pick on Elliott.
joseph randle was behind murray in 2014 , so think he was the guy in 2015?
They should have kept murray, losing him changed the whole offense which led to tony getting hurt etc.
They could have made a run in 15.

Shannon1

Reaction score
And if we had taken him everyone w be saying we only take lb with injuries.You guys do nothing but complain,unreal!

gimmesix

Reaction score
joseph randle was behind murray in 2014 , so think he was the guy in 2015?
They should have kept murray, losing him changed the whole offense which led to tony getting hurt etc.
They could have made a run in 15.
That's right, the underwear thief. Thanks.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That's right, the underwear thief. Thanks.
Poor guy had cte I think, went off the rails and wound up in jail or prison I think.
No help from jones for him, he was clearly not right in the head.

I remember jg chewing him out because he jumped over the pile and stuck the ball out and scored a td.
I guess they told him not to do that. He was a decent rb.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Poor guy had cte I think, went off the rails and wound up in jail or prison I think.
No help from jones for him, he was clearly not right in the head.

I remember jg chewing him out because he jumped over the pile and stuck the ball out and scored a td.
I guess they told him not to do that. He was a decent rb.
Last thing I remember seeing on him is a court committing him to a mental hospital in 2021.