Draft Day NFL Draft 2024 Day 2

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I love the focus on the trenches. I think we've drafted good, solid players.

I'm wondering though--did we just use all our picks to save money in one year by replacing the Steele, Martin, and Lawrence contracts? Is that why these picks were made? Beebe is technically a G. Kneeland is a run stopping DE. These guys are already on the roster.

We have a gaping hole at RB and are going to miss out on all the top RBs this draft.
I think we took Guyton because he has left tackle traits.

I think we took Kneeland because we need to get better in run defense and while Lawrence was great at setting the edge, our DEs were not good at it on the other side. I think the plus with him is that he can get some pressure if teams pass on early downs while we have our run defense out there.

I think we took Beebe to create some center competition this year.

The linebacker I'm not sure about. I guess he competes with Clark/Overshown for a role in the D.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Jerry just admitted they turned down 94 and 135 for 87 because they just "had to have the Notre Dame linebacker"

They would have won that trade.

So dumb.

Probably could have gotten the Notre Dame Linebacker at 135.
That's very disappointing

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jerry just admitted they turned down 94 and 135 for 87 because they just "had to have the Notre Dame linebacker"

So dumb.

It would have even made the LB pick more tolerable, knowing we at least would have a decent shot at a back.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Stephen is so anti-risk that he doesn't even like the hypothetical of trading back into the 4th or 5th round to get a guy.

He said they "should probably sit on their hands" twice.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
what was our plan this offseason? It seems like we didn't have one. I mean we literally do not have a starting RB. We are talking to Zeke who knowing is even toughing with a 10 foot pole. We had no plan this offseason and it shows.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
what was our plan this offseason? It seems like we didn't have one. I mean we literally do not have a starting RB. We are talking to Zeke who knowing is even toughing with a 10 foot pole. We had no plan this offseason and it shows.
Think the plan is to draft one. Take 4 or 5 guys to camp....and go with that....

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The Cowboys seem obsessed with "depth" without actually finding starters.

Kneeland is at best a rotational edge player. Liufau is backing up Parsons, Kendricks, Overshown, and Clark, probably not dressed most games.

We've signed three journeymen runningbacks.

Hopefully Beebe can win the Center job or else he's depth (for now) too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Cowboys seem obsessed with "depth" without actually finding starters.

Kneeland is at best a rotational edge player. Liufau is backing up Parsons, Kendricks, Overshown, and Clark, probably not dressed most games.

We've signed three journeymen runningbacks.

Hopefully Beebe can win the Center job or else he's depth (for now) too.
I think you should expect Beebe and Guyton to start next season. That's two starters.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think you should expect Beebe and Guyton to start next season. That's two starters.
If Guyton is the week one starter at LT, I will buy you that fancy banner that zoners get for donating to this site. That is a promise because I think he isn’t close to ready for that :thumbup:

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Makes no sense why he is dropping....
It turns out one of the big reasons for Wilson's unexpected slide is the fact he only has one ACL, according to NFL Media. The NC State product entered the draft with an extensive history of knee injuries, but Ian Rapoport indicated on NFL Network Friday that "one of (Wilson's) knees does not have an ACL" at all

jblaze2004

Reaction score

So dumb.

Wow just crazy. I would of took trade lol. I bet the linebacker would of been there at 94 and maybe even 135 lol.
The 49ers wanted to trade up with us.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Guyton is the week one starter at LT, I will buy you that fancy banner that zoners get for donating to this site. That is a promise because I think he isn’t close to ready for that :thumbup:
I don't know if he will start LT....but he will start on that line somewhere for sure. Whether its right or wrong the intentions is for him to start and not redshirt.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly! They complain Wilson may get hurt … but the dude we took may take 2-3 years to see the field
Yeah but he's healthy. We complain when this team takes guys with injury historys and then they finally learn and its a issue. I would've taken Wilson and was hoping we would but not in the 3rd. But I also didn't see us taking the linebacker we did in the 3rd...so there's that lol.