Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day One Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is the big takeaway. Never would we have imagined they would have drafted a DT that high and they finally got a guy that isn't small and undersized for the position.
Exactly, it finally got through Jerry's skull that we need a NT. The players are rejoicing, and so am I.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The Eagles are Mel's Day 1 winners.

Bad things, man.
I agree but both picks are riskier than one may imagine. Red flags all over the place with Carter. Smith is undersized and injured. I thought Davis was going to blow up last season and he was just ok.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I really hope we dont wait and go get our guy in Rd 2.we lost Kincaid and i dont want to lose a good TE because we were passive again,

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Point is the typical meltdowns from the eagles or other teams picks as opposed to what Dallas does is never good enough for some fans.

You know, they do it it is great, Dallas does same thing and they suck.

Meltdowns are hilarious.
It's not a melt down. It's a fact. That's why they go to super bowls and we haven't sniffed one in 27 years.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Mazi actually fits the profile of a NT. Not some small, undersized finesse guy. not really a 'sexy pick', but with what DQ has been getting out of the defense, I think he will fit right in. He can make Parsons job much easier.

The team is starting to draft tough guys like with our pick last year of Smith, so the team looks to be much more gritty.

As I stated in a thread this morning, coaching matters.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do we know Kincaid was going to be the pick?
Well, Buffalo certainly wasn't going to take the chance. It cost them next to nothing to move up a few spots and secure the player they wanted. The league knows we got nothing at TE.

superonyx

Reaction score
When Micah and Quinn are texting aat 3pm about this being the guy they want, it helps me feel better about it.
I have a real life, a real job, 3 kids, and 3 girlfriends..... I am out of time to scout college players. Before tonight I've never heard of this person.

But Micah and Quinn certainly have and they clearly wanted him to help us out. So i'm good with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.