Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day Three thread***

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We want them to BE AGGRESSIVE. Eagles seen their guy, they gave away a pick and went up and grabbed their guy. Meanwhile we're just waiting and letting all the other teams take the impact players.
Eagles have the picks to move around.

CWR

Reaction score
Over the cap has it

27 41 mil
28 47 mil
29 Void year 97 mil

Damn, that deal is highly reliant on him continuing to produce and get an extension. I think Dak may have 50-60 over 2 void years. That's with restructuring and keeping him around 30 million per season if I'm not mistaken.

Flamma

Reaction score
We want them to BE AGGRESSIVE. Eagles seen their guy, they gave away a pick and went up and grabbed their guy. Meanwhile we're just waiting and letting all the other teams take the impact players.
It's what we do every year. They don't believe in moving up. They have several guys in mind, and take what's left.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Eagles have the picks to move around.
Well, they are also moving back at times to get more picks. Patriots use the same strategy, slide back to pick up picks and then use the extra picks to move up if you feel you need to. Not saying the strategy is any more effective than just waiting, but it does allow you to get who you want instead of just who's left.

kevm3

Reaction score
By using future year draft picks. Not a great strategy
Eagles just were in a superbowl. What have we done with all of this passive drafting?I'd much rather get a guy that will stick than have 3 that won't make the team.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So how are the Eagles making trade ups to get their guy?
Sure, if we offer more than next year's 3rd rounder to get to the top of the 4th this year, we might have gotten it done.

The Eagles had more wiggle room this year with more picks and flexibility.

The point is that there is a cost and whatever the price was, you have to top it...plus the two organizations have to have a good trade relationship......give a little here and trust you'll get a little later, et.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's what we do every year. They don't believe in moving up. They have several guys in mind, and take what's left.
Well, the difference in the grades between multiple players is probably not that much.

Crap, Patriots just took Sow. I'm beginning to hate the Patriots.

kevm3

Reaction score
RB is the next obvious area where we can make an impact, but we won't do that. We will take some reach at another position

fivetwos

Reaction score
These teams that are moving all around have at one point traded players for picks and they have been parlayed.

We never do that. When was the last time we traded one of the family for a draft pick of significance?

The approach isn’t terrible. They just need to get more out of the Friday picks than they have been.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Well, the difference in the grades between multiple players is probably not that much.

Crap, Patriots just took Sow. I'm beginning to hate the Patriots.
Welcome to the club. I've hated them for years.