Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day Three thread***

Bigdog

Reaction score
Zeurlein had him ranked higher than Steen who the Eagles picked in the 3rd but projected he would be a 4th-5th round pick. He had a Steen picked in the 3rd-4th round. Figure that out.

conner01

Reaction score
My concern is we are not developing these guys.
Ball
Farniok
Waletzko

Do any of them truly appear to be on the brink if helping this team?
Wally was a rookie who got injured so too early to judge
Farniok isn’t a guard, just like Biadasz. But he might actually be a decent center prospect
But we’ve actually developed some guys like Steele and knight played solid here.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Asim Richards OT, UNC

Height: 6-4, Weight: 309

Grade: B+

Undersized, finesse type at OT. Typically good hand work. For his size, he works hard to grow roots in pass pro but has to get stronger at the initial point of attack. Prudent depth pick for Cowboys up front. (Chris Trapasso)

-

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
It's literally unfair how we find these guys

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Well, I'm out ... have some errands to run. Hope the hear we drafted the best RB in the draft, should have been a first-rounder, and the future at QB when I get back. Good luck enjoying the rest of the draft and not throwing things at your TVs.
If Dallas is going to draft a QB, it will be Dak's successor. They're obviously not ready to give up on Dak yet, and when they are ready to move on, they are not going to draft his successor on day three of the draft. That's a 2025 decision, *maybe* 2024.

The thing you have to realize about these Cowboys in terms of the front office is they want to maximize their investment, and milk it for as long as they can. Why no WR? As the draft show mentioned, they are not ready to give up on last year's third round draft pick Tolbert. It's only when clearly a bust do they move on. And that's not normally until at least 3 years after drafting someone. Remember what BP used to say, gotta give a player 3 years before you can definitively pass judgement.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nolan was literally the best run defending edge in all of college football last year, no joke.

He’s not just good at it, he’s elite at it. It’s easy to say a player is X weight so that means he can or can’t do something, but he delivers. Aaron Donald when he came out was way too small to be a productive DT at the nfl level. DeVonta Smith would never be able to stay healthy how skinny he is. Bryce Young can’t be the #1 pick because he’s too light… but all of those guys were so insanely good in college that it translated. We’re not talking about a small school guy going up against 250lb LT’s. This guy was ravaging the SEC.

Nolan Smith had 2 comps coming out of college: Haason Reddick’s combine weight was 230lbs, and Von Miller’s was 246. Whether he is a hit or a miss, I don’t believe his weight will have anything to do with it

Nolan maybe can start out there but he can’t start in Dallas.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
My concern is we are not developing these guys.
Ball
Farniok
Waletzko

Do any of them truly appear to be on the brink if helping this team?
Waletzko was hurt his rookie year but Farniok has played and helped the team. Not a pro bowl player but has helped the team already against NFL starters