Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day two thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Of course Dallas is going to be wiped out on some of your favorite players there's 27 picks before they draft.

Anyway, the DET Lions had 2 first round picks and 3 second round picks...crazy.

John813

Reaction score
At this point hoping for Sanders as I think miami will take a TE and another team leaving no Kraft or Washington.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Well they aren't proven guys either. All mid to low round picks. It's not a position you couldn't stand to upgrade.
If you’re not a Darnell Washington fan, I’d say they are pretty much to where they would be upgrading TE3, not TE1.

For 2023 anyway.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We have 3 legitimate WRs. We have no proven TE. Most teams don't spend a prime pick on a 4th WR.
Not to mention we have a 3rd round pick at WR entering his second year. I realize Tolbert has shown nothing yet, but some receivers take time to develop. He could be a solid 4 this year for all we know.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Which is great, I’m not commenting on their scouting ability (it has approved greatly). I’m more concerned with this wait and see approach. Idc how good you are at scouting, your not going to get lucky and draft a Bland or Dak in the 5th or 4th every year.
They have a strong track record and haven’t had many true busts

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some people just need to relax. This is the hardest part of the draft because there are 10-12 guys and we all want them all. It’s not a surprise that all the names we talk about are also wanted by other teams. You just have to hope 1 or 2 that you like make it to you. If you panic and trade up all the time, you end up with only 3 or 4 picks. Just let it unfold. Someone will fall and they will get a good player.
I disagree. We need a stud guard and were not getting one in the 3rd.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Hmmmmm.....my 2nd favorite team just made a pretty iffy pick. I think Mayer or Musgrave are better TE's than LaPorta
My girl is from Detroit. Not a big sports fan, but she reps the Lions, so I've been following them a bit. Strange draft they're putting together, but it's hard to deny that they've brought in some serious offensive firepower.

Sydla

Reaction score
Schultz was not an elite TE.
He was better than the the guys, hence why he played more. He was Top 10 in receptions.

I can't stop laughing at guys honestly thinking a 4th WR is more important than trying to improve the WR spot.

DanA

Reaction score
We have 3 legitimate WRs. We have no proven TE. Most teams don't spend a prime pick on a 4th WR.

I want a TE. I'm just not trading up for one and if WR is best on the board I'm okay going that direction.

Sydla

Reaction score
The time to trade up has now past…but they should’ve considered it strongly
Nah.

It would have cost their 3rd round and more. Or maybe a future 2nd.

Too rich. Stay put. Be smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.