Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day two thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verdict

Reaction score
I don’t know anything about the kid, but I am thinking that the Cowboys have decided that they are so good at drafting in the first round that they believe that they should just throw away their second round pick to keep things competitive.

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
What’s funny is will McClay and his staff work for months scouting and deciding their choices but guys who watch some college football and read a few websites know so much better. They’re not gonna hit home runs in every pick but they’ve done pretty dang good in recent years.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Don't know why I expected much this year. It will be typical 2nd round ceiling of the playoffs. We keep throwing 2nd rounders in the trash year after year. Is this guy even better than the TEs we have?
He definitely doesn't move the needle. Huge reach. The nfc is as weak as it's been in years. But we are way behind both the eagles and niners.

We should just trade our 2nd round pick every year. It is always a wasted pick anyway.

Sydla

Reaction score
Do the cowboys realize they can't run the ball without a left guard? Like why does it matter if your tight end can block if your guard is getting blown up.
There is zero doubt they think Tyron is gonna be healthy. They are banking on it. Tyler Smith will be their LG.

Dumb strategy.

That being said, there are still some guards that would be solid in Rd 3.

kevm3

Reaction score
3rd round we are going to take some unknown 5th round rated o lineman. watch

superonyx

Reaction score
I never loved Schultz. Was a Witten type. I like Ferguson even though he is a 4.8 40 guy.
This guy seems to be athletic, fast and a smooth strider with length.

Will it work out?
Heck if I know. Just like none of us know.
We are just a bunch of overly opinionated fans on a message board. Our jobs aren't on the line. So the guys who have scouted very well for us over the years know more than we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.