Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day two thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well I say trust in mcclay so I'm gonna have to follow my own advice. This feels like a mike pick since Dan got his guy round 1.

Bagman

Reaction score
Seems like a give up pick. Safe, steady guy. They were more worried about blowing this 2nd rounder than actually acquiring a good player. Almost exactly like Ferguson. Why bother drafting him ?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too many act like good drafts are like fantasy football. It’s not so much about individual players but how each player fits together like puzzle pieces for a collective whole.
You are introducing logic into the panic.

Jbone100

Reaction score
Hate this pick - I’m normally not too quick to say that (last time I did was K. Joseph). Torrence would’ve been my pick there but Hyatt, Downs, Washington and Achane would’ve all been much better. Honestly, I think I like Kraft better and Strange about as much and they might be avail in the 3rd and 4th respectively.

Edit- okay, Strange went WAY higher than I expected.

kevm3

Reaction score
This is a blue collar draft. They’re prioritizing size, physicality, and blocking at positions they normally don’t. They’re clearly tired of getting big-boyed.
Why didn't they draft the O linemen then? This guy likely could have been had in the 3rd. Now we're left reaching for an o lineman in the 3rd

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I think my conspiracy theory that JJ gave up some power in exch for getting to pick their second round pick has some legs. Johnny Walker’s legs :laugh: :facepalm:

LysleE

Reaction score
Seems like a panic pick to me. Need interior OL to match up with the DLs of NFC East opponents. I think OL is a bigger need than TE.

HungryLion

Reaction score
4th best RAS score among TE. Just below Musgrave and Washington.

Not sure how I feel about it. Seemed to reach. Now employ 4 Big Ten TE, not a bad thing
The cowboys obviously place a premium on RAS score.

Schoonmaker is a good route runner and nice athlete.

Biggest issue for me is he seems to go down pretty easily and doesn’t break many tackles.

WTtoolman

Reaction score
I just don't see the logic here. A tight end that can't beat out either of our "starters."

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I get that, but we have tons of talent. I think our next two picks will be RB and OG.
Ok, our oline is still worse than it was last year. Cowboys Oline was 28th in pass blocking win rate and average at best in run blocking win rate. Were just not going to take out Eagles or Niners with this current Oline or some 3rd round Guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.