Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day two thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

J817

Reaction score
This is what all the guys complaining about this pick don’t know. He’s a special athlete at TE, is tough and blocks well. The way TE’s are going, no way would he have been there in round 3.

Dallas wanted an athletic TE and they took him.

All y’all guys who are upset are going to love him once the season kicks off.
Plus he’s going to be 25. He’s already going to be in his prime when he starts the season. In year 2 he’ll be a like a 3-4 year vet.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what all the guys complaining about this pick don’t know. He’s a special athlete at TE, is tough and blocks well. The way TE’s are going, no way would he have been there in round 3.

Ha! Told you! We picked the wrong TE but I told you the team was picking one.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Consensus is he is a big over reach. Probably could get him in the 5th

kevm3

Reaction score
I really don't understand what this team is trying to do. I thought we were going to 'run more'. I could understand getting the O line this round and rb the next... or even trying to create an elite defense and get a linebacker. Instead, we get a marginal upgrade over our current TEs and still have a huge hole at o line and backup rb.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The good thing about Schoonmaker is that he is a great athlete and has a HIGH ceiling.

The bad thing is that he is old for a draft pick and his college production was mediocre.

If the cowboys can get him to play to his potential he will be very good.

Sydla

Reaction score
Now watch the tape and tell me what you see.
That's the thing. I see the scores on his testing. Then I watch him play and I don't see the correlation. Like LaPorta. Great testing numbers. Then watch him play and he looks like Mayer out there, a guy people say isn't athletic enough.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is what all the guys complaining about this pick don’t know. He’s a special,athlete at TE, is tough and blocks well. The way TE’s are going, no way would he have been there in round 3.

That's very possible. I don't see a reason to knock it before we know. Needed at least one more tight end to compete with Ferguson and Hendershot and we got him.

The only thing I don't like is how we seem to go into the draft dictating what we are going to do instead of letting it dictate, especially in the second round. It was known before the draft even started that we were heavily focused on the tight ends. That can cause you to overlook better players who are available at other positions.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Has CATCH17 given his opinion on Schoonmaker yet? I'd like to know if he is going to suck or not.
All we can do is hope he hated the pick. Seems to have disappeared since the guy he wanted at 1 has dropped into the 3rd round. LOL

fivetwos

Reaction score
I got my rage out of me.

At least the kid is athletic so there is something to work with there.

I would have gone elsewhere but it is what it is. We needed a TE. We got one. Hope they made the right choice. If they come back with an OG in the 3rd, I can live with it.
I’d bet they saw a significant drop from him to the next TE, and apparently they felt as if they had to have one.

Get Zavala or Bradford in the 3rd and it’s all fine.

Aven8

Reaction score
The disadvantage we have here is none of us know how McClay and the team scouts have rated any of these players. We all have pet cats that seem like no brainers but nothing is obvious at this stage forward. Last year, many saw Tyler Smith as a reach for the first round.

It takes 2-3 years to judge a draft.
Very true. Hyatt and Sanders etc falling for a reason. One year wonders. Having said that a 2nd for potential is scary. Schultz sucked early but he was a 4th rounder.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Ok. So he got in shape and killed it for his position. Why is no one talking about him. I haven't seen a single position ranking that had him in the top 5 at TE.
Somehow finding Witten in the 3rd round has forever given Jerry the mindset that he is capable of drafting a great TE that wasn't highly ranked

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The good thing about Schoonmaker is that he is a great athlete and has a HIGH ceiling.

The bad thing is that he is old for a draft pick and his college production was mediocre.

If the cowboys can get him to play to his potential he will be very good.
I thought I heard them say he was limited by injury this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.