Draft Day ***NFL Draft Day two thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstew60105

Reaction score
Yet another wasted 2nd round draft pick on a forced position injury project....all the while the Bills selected a massive OG right after us......so Dallas still hasn't addressed their OL or RB.....

....way to build a championship Jerry....not.

Watch how Philly builds a roster and learn: 1st round picks DT Jalen Carter & DE/LB Nolan Carter, 2nd round picks OT Tyler Steen and Safety Sydney Brown

Good luck Dak against that Philly defense this season.
The last two were 3rd round picks and Dak had no issues with the Eagles D last year.

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
This place is and no matter who we draft the so called fans will sook.

We could have every pick in a whole round and still this place will complain! Bunch of fools.
It's not that shocking though. When you go a quarter of a century without getting past the 2nd round of the playoffs people just presume you don't know what you are doing

mmohican29

Reaction score
That's the thing. I see the scores on his testing. Then I watch him play and I don't see the correlation. Like LaPorta. Great testing numbers. Then watch him play and he looks like Mayer out there, a guy people say isn't athletic enough.
Poor QB too to be fair.
Honestly I'm not a fan of the pick- but he without Q has the tools to be a TE1 in the NFL.

Carson

Reaction score
waiting for somebody to post a who they want so we can point and laugh that it will be nobody we heard of

IAmLegend

Reaction score
This is what all the guys complaining about this pick don’t know. He’s a special athlete at TE, is tough and blocks well. The way TE’s are going, no way would he have been there in round 3.

Dallas wanted an athletic TE and they took him.

All y’all guys who are upset are going to love him once the season kicks off.
At least he’s a guy who, every time he makes a catch, the whole stadium gets to yell, “SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNN.”

So there’s something in it for us lol.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Steen is a project IMO. I wouldn't be enthused if we took him in that spot. Kid needs a lot of work on his footwork etc.

But he has arguably the best OL coach in the NFL working with him.
Eagles went to the SB so they can afford a late 2nd round project. Dallas is trying to get there so they can't afford to reach for an injury prone TE when they had other areas of need.

kevm3

Reaction score
Can't believe we passed on Torrence.
Had we landed Mazi and Torrence in rounds 1-2, then TE/RB in 3-4 I would have loved this draft.
This is what is so stupid. We had a guy who did a great job against Jalen Carter SITTING THERE FOR US and we draft a project TE with that pick. Now we are going to reach for some unknown project O lineman in the 3rd and some project rb in the 4th

Fontaine

Reaction score
Yet another wasted 2nd round draft pick on a forced position injury project....all the while the Bills selected a massive OG right after us......so Dallas still hasn't addressed their OL or RB.....

....way to build a championship Jerry....not.

Watch how Philly builds a roster and learn: 1st round picks DT Jalen Carter & DE/LB Nolan Carter, 2nd round picks OT Tyler Steen and Safety Sydney Brown

Good luck Dak against that Philly defense this season.
We’re literally 2 rounds into the draft, relax. Guys were crying about DT, then they drafted a DT and people complained. Complained we didn’t have TE, they draft a TE and people complain again.

They’ll address it, just have patience.

davey999

Reaction score
Eagles went to the SB so they can afford a late 2nd round project. Dallas is trying to get there so they can't afford to reach for an injury prone TE when they had other areas of need.
They also have a bunch of extra picks. Next year as well.

Ken

Reaction score
If blocking te was a need they would have taken a better blocking te
Not a fan of taking a TE in the 2nd primarily for their blocking prowess. I realize he is fast and a threat in the passing game, but I do not see a difference in what we already had.

A little bit of a headscratcher for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.