Draft Day NFL Draft Round 1 - Live Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Not after they showed tape of him getting blasted by Dillard at Senior Bowl drills... lol.

It was the 3 cone tape that did him in....I'm a little worried he might slip to our pick. That's when real panic will set in. Want nothing to do w/ Rapp or Ferguson.:eek:

Bluefin

Reaction score

Missouri quarterback Drew Lock
Oklahoma offensive lineman Cody Ford
Florida offensive tackle Jawaan Taylor
LSU cornerback Greedy Williams
Ole Miss wide receiver D.K. Metcalf

RoboQB

Reaction score
It was the 3 cone tape that did him in....I'm a little worried he might slip to our pick. That's when real panic will set in. Want nothing to do w/ Rapp or Ferguson.:eek:

I read that too. 3rd slowest in combine history for DEs... lol.
That's crazy. I bet we pick him though... lol.

Actually, I think some prayers will be answered at the Safety position at 58.

Bluefin

Reaction score
That's crazy. I bet we pick him though... lol.
I don't see the need.

Tank is here long term.

The team loves Dorance Armstrong, is committed to Randy Gregory, and Taco Charlton is not on the trade block.

Tyrone Crawford might be in trouble next year, but is a definite keeper this season.

Actually, I think some prayers will be answered at the Safety position at 58.
I wouldn't hesitate to package a 4th, or a 4th and next year's 5th, to get up to #51 (Tenn) or #52 (Den) and get our guy.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus mentioned some medical updates on draft prospects during the Draft Show today.

Dexter Lawrence had ankle surgery as a sophomore that pinched a nerve and caused drop foot, which he played through as a junior. Dane Brugler was very interested to see what the news would do to Lawrence's draft stock.

Broaddus said Jachai Polite has a shoulder issue. Brugler: "add it to the list with that guy."

Broaddus said Deionte Thompson may have a knee issue.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I like Cooper...love him sctually.

But “huh” what?

Without Cooper we were heading toward picking between , say, 8-13 range.
Plus instead of a rookie deal, we are going to pay Cooper a huge contract...but maybe the differnce is not quite 80, if thats what you mean.

Again, I’m thrilled with Cooper, but this was the price.

You make a vert good point, I feel the same way.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Dexter Lawrence to the Giants and Montez Sweat to the Skins. Two guys stud defenders that can help right away in the 20s. The east is not going to be a cake walk. Philly got a good one in Dillard.

Six dts we're selected in round one this is why the Cooper trade is prohibitive. Ugh best DL draft in years and we are fighting for table scraps because of the front office's shortsighted decision making.

Jipper

Reaction score
Dexter Lawrence to the Giants and Montez Sweat to the Skins. Two guys stud defenders that can help right away in the 20s. The east is not going to be a cake walk. Philly got a good one in Dillard.

Six dts we're selected in round one this is why the Cooper trade is prohibitive. Ugh best DL draft in years and we are fighting for table scraps because of the front office's shortsighted decision making.

what the he'll are you talking about with short sighted decision making? the cowboys got an incredible player thay was way better than anything the could get at 27...also dline is a strength of this team and not a need so the pick wouldn't have come from there even if they had it....i honestly have no idea what you are whining about

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
If all of the safeties Will McClay has targeted are gone, give me Irv Smith (Bama TE) at #58 - if he's there. I think he is gonna be a problem in the NFL.

Johnny23

Reaction score
what the he'll are you talking about with short sighted decision making? the cowboys got an incredible player thay was way better than anything the could get at 27...also dline is a strength of this team and not a need so the pick wouldn't have come from there even if they had it....i honestly have no idea what you are whining about
Brought in jags could have signed Allen Robinson and saved our first. I would rather have Jeffery Simmons at 3-Tech than Maliek Collins and Crawford going forward. I would rather have Dexter Lawrence on a rookie deal than Woods,Reid, and the left overs. The leftovers that get blown off the ball in big games in the playoffs or the studs teams that make a move bring in. We gave up a first in a stacked dl draft. Overly praising the try hard spare parts we always sign.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If all of the safeties Will McClay has targeted are gone, give me Irv Smith (Bama TE) at #58 - if he's there. I think he is gonna be a problem in the NFL.

There's alot of good cb's still available too. DT's are thinning out. Prob be a reach for one with #58. Some good rb's/wr's available too. I wouldn't be suprised we don't take a DT 'till 5th round.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What did the skins pay to move up? I don't think it would take the 2nd and first. Maybe 3rd and 1st? Dang LJ Collier just went. Wow all the good DE's gone. Now Giants traded back into first. Crap Dallas thanks for allowing all your division foes get better by doing nothing.

Giving up next year's first to move up into this year's first would've been a desperation move to appease overreactive fans, and we'd be back in the same boat next year.

Not sure why people are freaking out over DE. We're already four deep, one of which is a first round pick no one likes so why assume a first rounder this year would automatically be a home run? Relax, the Giants and Skins haven't been hitting it out of the park in recent drafts. We'll see how good these kids are in time.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Giving up next year's first to move up into this year's first would've been a desperation move to appease overreactive fans, and we'd be back in the same boat next year.

Not sure why people are freaking out over DE. We're already four deep, one of which is a first round pick no one likes so why assume a first rounder this year would automatically be a home run? Relax, the Giants and Skins haven't been hitting it out of the park in recent drafts. We'll see how good these kids are in time.

Well don't know if the Giants hit one out with the qb taken.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Fell asleep after the Giants picked, found out several DTs were drafted and once again it looks like we're not serious about acquiring a stud interior lineman.

Status
Not open for further replies.