Draft Day NFL Draft Round 1 - Live Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

John813

Reaction score
Giants taking Jones makes me feel good about the future. Just a bummer they got big Dex.
Could very well be their next Snacks

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you are a Cowboys fan, you have to be smiling this morning after what our divisional foes did yesterday. We dodged bullets all evening long as the rest of the NFC East made their picks. I wore my Amari Cooper jersey with pride yesterday and rejoiced every time a divisional foe whiffed at their "at bat".

jnday

Reaction score
Hey I don’t disagree man. I’m on the Deebo Samuel bandwagon.

Just think we will be much much better

That’s basically the knock on Hill. Lazy, commitment issues. Played well under Frost. Was benched late in the season, didn’t work hard and complained. Declared for the draft and didn’t thank his coaches etc.

I’d much rather go Willis in 4-5 than waste a pick on Hill at 58
From the sound of things, I agree. Both of these players are the type that will go through their career and never live up to the talent that they have. They will be just good enough to take up a roster spot.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Offense will be better.

Cooper ... offseason to build with Dak
Gallup ... about to be a legit # 2
Cobb ... veteran, above average slot guy. Winner
Witten ... old. But leader and knows how to win
Frederick ... doesn’t hurt getting your all pro center back right?
Williams ... put on 15 pounds and looks better
Agreed, all looks great but I would just add, that's 15 pounds of muscle that Williams put on. :)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's really too bad that the "head in the sand" approach has been adopted here at CZ about why Daniel Jones was drafted over Dwayne Haskins. This morning, I applauded "First Things First" on FS1 for being brave enough to address this issue that continues to plague the NFL in microcosm fashion, just as it plagues this country. Ban me for caring.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Sorry but that first round lasted an hour too long. There is no need for it to be 4 hours long...

That's because the bloody Seahawks couldn't make up their minds. Whatever happened to when the clock runs out, the team loses the pick? And then the pick was in for a good 30 minutes before it was announced. That was ludicrous. I hope the next draft isn't in Seattle.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
hope that's not the pick. That's risky. Gerald Willis fits the bill better.

If Allen is there at 58, I think we sort of have to take him, don't we? He's one of the best DEs on the board and is an instant starter. We can get Khalen Saunders in round 3.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If Allen is there at 58, I think we sort of have to take him, don't we? He's one of the best DEs on the board and is an instant starter. We can get Khalen Saunders in round 3.
Allen would be a good use of the pick but I would prefer a safety at 58. My preference is Taylor Rapp.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
[QUO="JoeKing, post: 9176782, member: 36987"]If you are a Cowboys fan, you have to be smiling this morning after what our divisional foes did yesterday. We dodged bullets all evening long as the rest of the NFC East made their picks. I wore my Amari Cooper jersey with pride yesterday and rejoiced every time a divisional foe whiffed at their "at bat".[/QUOTE]
It's really to bad that the "head in the sand" approach has been adopted here at CZ about why Daniel Jones was drafted over Dwayne Haskins. This morning, I applauded "First Things First" on FS1 for being brave enough to address this issue that continues to plague the NFL in microcosm fashion, just as it plagues this country. Ban me for caring.

Maybe I’m another head in the sand guy, but I find it hard to believe that any franchise would pass up a more talented player due to skin color. It’s hard enough to win in this league to let color dictate the makeup of your roster.

Maybe the Giants looked at the success rate of Heisman QBs and decided that they needed to go in a different direction.

Not sure they made the right choice but not sold on Haskins either.

As far as First Things First it just what journalism is today unfortunately.

To the board mods I apologize if I’ve over stepped the bounds.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If you are a Cowboys fan, you have to be smiling this morning after what our divisional foes did yesterday. We dodged bullets all evening long as the rest of the NFC East made their picks. I wore my Amari Cooper jersey with pride yesterday and rejoiced every time a divisional foe whiffed at their "at bat".
Hey Joe. Didn't you like what Washington did? I can't stand them, but I thought they played it pretty well yesterday.
--waited patiently and got the QB they wanted most at 15, vs panicking and trading up
--and when a stud DE dropped in striking range, they went up and got him at a reasonable price

Seemed pretty savvy

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Hey Joe. Didn't you like what Washington did? I can't stand them, but I thought they played it pretty well yesterday.
--waited patiently and got the QB they wanted most at 15, vs panicking and trading up
--and when a stud DE dropped in striking range, they went up and got him at a reasonable price

Seemed pretty savvy
Honestly I am not impressed by Haskins but I do applaud the Commanders for having the patience to allow "their guy" to fall to them at 15. The Commanders did good to draft DE, Montez Sweat. He is a very good pick but he can be contained by our horses on the OL, IMO.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Washington seems to have out drafted both the giants and philly.

DRella

Reaction score
Dallas should draft best available player at 58 based on their board for these positions in this order:

DL, LB, S, CB, OT, WR, RB

This pick needs to be a lock on the D side of the ball.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. You are still an idiot.

No you are just showing you are a ******. You should be banned. Do not respond as you will be on ignore, as I did not get to it earlier.
I have a real life to take care of. Instead of acting big, as you do from your moms basement.

jnday

Reaction score
[QUO="JoeKing, post: 9176782, member: 36987"]If you are a Cowboys fan, you have to be smiling this morning after what our divisional foes did yesterday. We dodged bullets all evening long as the rest of the NFC East made their picks. I wore my Amari Cooper jersey with pride yesterday and rejoiced every time a divisional foe whiffed at their "at bat".

Maybe I’m another head in the sand guy, but I find it hard to believe that any franchise would pass up a more talented player due to skin color. It’s hard enough to win in this league to let color dictate the makeup of your roster.

Maybe the Giants looked at the success rate of Heisman QBs and decided that they needed to go in a different direction.

Not sure they made the right choice but not sold on Haskins either.

As far as First Things First it just what journalism is today unfortunately.

To the board mods I apologize if I’ve over stepped the bounds.[/QUOTE]
Skin color should have not been brought up on this site to begin with. Is it so hard to think that the Giants drafted the QB that they thought would fit their system the best? At this level the only thing that matters is the player’s ability to give their team the best chance at winning. All of this class of QBs had some serious doubts surrounding them, so I don’t find it hard to believe that different teams had doubts about each QB and saw the risk involved. Maybe the teams thought that they could fix the faults of some QBs and they couldn’t fix the faults that other QBs had.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i think the cowboys will draft a corner back or wr depends which player is best available and in the third they wll draft a running back a dt and safety in the fourth and corner in the fifth and linebacker in the 7th

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Been saying it since the draft show the other day.

Only way it’s NOT Hill, is if Thornhill is on the board. He won’t be. So 58 is Hill. Book it, bank it, take it to Vegas.

Apparently didn’t interview well. So I think Willis and CGJ are off our board. Which is amazing because Hill seems to be arrogant and immature.

Ugh....don't say that. I think he's exactly what we need in the secondary. I'd even be willing to move up and get him. I'm shocked he's still available. Maybe he slides. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.