Draft Day NFL Draft Round 1 - Live Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Dexter Lawrence to the Giants and Montez Sweat to the Skins. Two guys stud defenders that can help right away in the 20s. The east is not going to be a cake walk. Philly got a good one in Dillard.

Six dts we're selected in round one this is why the Cooper trade is prohibitive. Ugh best DL draft in years and we are fighting for table scraps because of the front office's shortsighted decision making.
Riddick was on ESPN last night and said he talked to Sweat's former DL coach (Baker, who was a Cowboy coach). Sweat needs the right coaching staff to be effective. he does not take to someone yelling at him. Don't think that bodes well in the NFL.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The best thing that happened to the Cowboys on day 1 of the draft was when the Giants used their 6th overall pick to draft Eli Manning's eventual replacement but drafted Daniel Jones.

The worst thing that happened to the Cowboys on day 1 of the draft was when the Commanders used their 15th overall pick to draft Dwayne Haskins to be their QB.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
The best thing that happened to the Cowboys on day 1 of the draft was when the Giants used their 6th overall pick to draft Eli Manning's eventual replacement but drafted Daniel Jones.

The worst thing that happened to the Cowboys on day 1 of the draft was when the Commanders used their 15th overall pick to draft Dwayne Haskins to be their QB.
I'm on the other side of the coin. I take Jones over Haskins...but then, i am an ACC guy.:)

jnday

Reaction score
just imo I think a top DT would have helped the team more than cooper.
But the deal is done, it will be interesting since giants got a DT ,lawrence, and see how he does against cowboys.
Considering that the offense was struggling to pass for 150 yards at the time and they were lucky to score 10 points each game, the Cooper trade was a good move. If the trade had not taken place, Dallas would have probably been picking in the top ten picks. After thinking about it, it might would have been better for the team long term because Dak couldn’t have a chance of s 30 million contract if he would have continued playing like he did during the first half of the season.

Carson

Reaction score

Noooooooooooooooooooo! Please someone take him.

Been saying it since the draft show the other day.

Only way it’s NOT Hill, is if Thornhill is on the board. He won’t be. So 58 is Hill. Book it, bank it, take it to Vegas.

hope that's not the pick. That's risky. Gerald Willis fits the bill better.

Apparently didn’t interview well. So I think Willis and CGJ are off our board. Which is amazing because Hill seems to be arrogant and immature.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Been saying it since the draft show the other day.

Only way it’s NOT Hill, is if Thornhill is on the board. He won’t be. So 58 is Hill. Book it, bank it, take it to Vegas.

Apparently didn’t interview well. So I think Willis and CGJ are off our board. Which is amazing because Hill seems to be arrogant and immature.
exactly. NONE of this exudes confidence...I am hoping we get Adderly if he is somehow still there.

jnday

Reaction score
There's alot of good cb's still available too. DT's are thinning out. Prob be a reach for one with #58. Some good rb's/wr's available too. I wouldn't be suprised we don't take a DT 'till 5th round.
In all honesty, the offense was really bad last season and they struggled to score points. Sure, the DT position could use an upgrade, but there was entirely too many close , low scoring games. Picking an offensive player may be the best move.

Carson

Reaction score
In all honesty, the offense was really bad last season and they struggled to score points. Sure, the DT position could use an upgrade, but there was entirely too many close , low scoring games. Picking an offensive player may be the best move.

Offense will be better.

Cooper ... offseason to build with Dak
Gallup ... about to be a legit # 2
Cobb ... veteran, above average slot guy. Winner
Witten ... old. But leader and knows how to win
Frederick ... doesn’t hurt getting your all pro center back right?
Williams ... put on 15 pounds and looks better

jnday

Reaction score
hope that's not the pick. That's risky. Gerald Willis fits the bill better.
Willis has too many risk factors himself. I have not read a scouting report that failed to mention his physical talents, but he is also extremely high risk due to character issues. Low effort, lazy, commitment, etc.

Carson

Reaction score
Willis has too many risk factors himself. I have not read a scouting report that failed to mention his physical talents, but he is also extremely high risk due to character issues. Low effort, lazy, commitment, etc.

So you’re saying Willis and Hill have the same issues? Lol

jnday

Reaction score
Offense will be better.

Cooper ... offseason to build with Dak
Gallup ... about to be a legit # 2
Cobb ... veteran, above average slot guy. Winner
Witten ... old. But leader and knows how to win
Frederick ... doesn’t hurt getting your all pro center back right?
Williams ... put on 15 pounds and looks better
One injury could totally tank the offense. I would rather see a defensive pick, but the offense was horrendous for much of the season. Without Cooper, I doubt that they could win a third of their games.

Carson

Reaction score
One injury could totally tank the offense. I would rather see a defensive pick, but the offense was horrendous for much of the season. Without Cooper, I doubt that they could win a third of their games.

Hey I don’t disagree man. I’m on the Deebo Samuel bandwagon.

Just think we will be much much better

I can’t speak for Hill, but I have read too much negative info on Willis to gamble on him before the 4-5 rounds.

That’s basically the knock on Hill. Lazy, commitment issues. Played well under Frost. Was benched late in the season, didn’t work hard and complained. Declared for the draft and didn’t thank his coaches etc.

I’d much rather go Willis in 4-5 than waste a pick on Hill at 58

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
AZ holding on to Rosen is a horrible decision. Either way, someone is going to be a bust.

Who says they're holding on to him? No one was giving them a first in this year's draft for him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Only if Cooper made no difference for us last year.
We all know otherwise
We would've picked WAY earlier than this without him
9-13 range is my guess...so compare those guys

Either way, Cooper is awesome

Yep, and people here would've been screaming for a QB with that pick as Dallas did not draft one. Meltdown Central. :muttley:

Status
Not open for further replies.