Draft Day ***NFL Draft Third Round thread***

Kwyn

Reaction score
This is exactly it. They truly think they are smarter than everyone else. It’s comical. This third round could have been so much more.
They take who they like, just like every other team.

I doubt trying to look smart plays a big role.

Scouts and player personnel people care more about being right and making the best pick possible than they do about worrying about the message board meta game.

I don’t know anything about this player but no one else here does either.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Taking a guy roundly pegged as a 7th rounder or UDFA is a bad move regardless of whether or not he eventually can play.

It’s about value.
Some had him as a 5th-6th.
Nobody knows what teams know about players. Why do you think guys like Cox is still on the board or many other players that were said to go in the 2nd round. Teams have access that the public doesn't.

heir

Reaction score
A few thoughts on this draft: This is why I don't like going into a draft saying we need defense or a certain position or even a trait like length or speed. you end up reaching almost every pick. Make a clean board and draft accordingly if the players are close, then take the defensive player.
This reminds me of the 2009 draft when we said we were drafting for special teams.

That being said I don't know how the players will turn out so I will be patient. It does feel underwhelming though.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dang, we could have had Browning as we needed a LB also, but no, we get Wright instead.

kevm3

Reaction score
A few thoughts on this draft: This is why I don't like going into a draft saying we need defense or a certain position or even a trait like length or speed. you end up reaching almost every pick. Make a clean board and draft accordingly if the players are close, then take the defensive player.
This reminds me of the 2009 draft when we said we were drafting for special teams.

That being said I don't know how the players will turn out so I will be patient. It does feel underwhelming though.

The sad thing is that they didn't even reach. They simply didn't pick the right player.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Wright is saying he had about a 15-minute conversation with Quinn after his pro day and they just connected. It's likely Quinn sees him as a Richard Sherman starter kit.

So draft him in the 7th, where he should have been drafted.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
These fools said “Pandemic? Less info on players?

bruh stop being a homer

Their are many guys who study the draft that do a better job and know these players way more than Jerry and Stephen jones. I can guarantee that...

Sorry if I sound too much like a homer, it's just that we should be a little more optimistic about these picks since we have no idea how they will turn out. There's a lot of negativity here and I totally understand why.

CWR

Reaction score
Ooooooh! I like this pick a lot! Big CB!! Physical! I love this guy! Great move Jerry!

Lol man you've liked this draft. I hope you know your stuff and aren't simply overdosing on Prozac.

I'm an optimist so I won't decide any of em suck at this point. This draft was about Quins vision for the defense. The picks had him written all over them. I hope the scouts were heavily involved and we were making decisions based on their opinions more than his though.

Trajan

Reaction score
Totally agree nyc, I think we totally wasted the 3rd round. I liked the 1st 2 rounds, but this 3rd round ........total waste. Like you said, they should've traded up with these extra 3rd rounders for somebody worthwhile.

Totally agreed, was pumped about a solid D next year, then we took projects and UDFA guys, you don’t do that when every position on your defense can use an upgrade.

Sydla

Reaction score
Some had him as a 5th-6th.
Nobody knows what teams know about players. Why do you think guys like Cox is still on the board or many other players that were said to go in the 2nd round. Teams have access that the public doesn't.

Whatever you guys have to do to convince yourselves this wasn’t a massive reach.