Draft Day ***NFL Draft Third Round thread***

Kwyn

Reaction score
Really starting to doubt McCarthy now....if this staff is making the picks....oh brother. Sure looks like he's having issues putting it together.
Because some posters claim Quinn is making picks doesn’t make it true. Some big leaps here.

Plankton

Reaction score
It's a shame for the rest of the NFL that the Cowboys draft so well. I really hope Will McClay doesn't leave for a GM job somewhere else. The Cowboys would be lost without him.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Some had him as a 5th-6th.
Nobody knows what teams know about players. Why do you think guys like Cox is still on the board or many other players that were said to go in the 2nd round. Teams have access that the public doesn't.
i love his size.
6'4.
can not wait to watch this in pre-season.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah, that's my question. Why not take Melefaniou if you want someone with the size to play press corner.

I'm assuming that they believe the potential of Wright is higher. Melinfonwu has a higher floor but a lower ceiling. Think Quinn is trying to strike it rich. Trouble is, I don't think he had to try this early. In fact, I don't think we had to move this early on any of the players we got in the third round. We could have drafted differently with the first two picks of the round and probably still ended up with the three players we got (with our last third-rounder and the two fourth-rounders). But I could be wrong about that.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Five for five on defense in the first three rounds.

I think if you had asked most of the board how they would feel about that two days ago I think they’d be pretty happy.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I can't help but get the feeling those idiots are letting Dan Quinn dictate the draft.

What a waste of three 3rd round picks.
Beginning to think the smartest football person in the DC war room tonight was a toss up between Charlotte Jones and the 18 year old waitress that was serving their drinks.

Sydla

Reaction score
Five for five on defense in the first three rounds.

I think if you had asked most of the board how they would feel about that two days ago I think they’d be pretty happy.

LOL.

Not if three of the five could be viewed as reaches with the one being a massive reach.

Trajan

Reaction score
Two potential starters.

The rest are just JAGs. OO might have some upside.

Yea, I meant I liked the first 2 picks, then it went off the rails. Now I’m not looking forward to the season.

Jarntt

Reaction score
My problem isn't them taking Wright. My problem is that you can tell by literally everyone's reaction that you could have taken Wright during Day 3 if you wanted him that bad.
Me too. I was really happy with this draft at that point and I almost look at that as a throwaway. I was hoping all along we would have used that pick and one of our early 3rd rounders to move up and get a better player. Now I'm REALLY wishing that was the case

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m assuming Will McClay and his team were behind most of these picks

Well then that worries me beyond this draft.

Because it’s downright peculiar why we picked some of these guys.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I agree Wright was a reach, but it's clear the Cowboys wanted him so I guess it doesn't matter if they took him at 99 or at 238. I'm sure there's still plenty of players left on their board they will still be able to get with their two 4th round picks tomorrow- if they land a big DT like Nixon or Shelvin I'll forget all about Wright pick.