Draft Day ***NFL Draft Third Round thread***

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I hope not. I want someone to compete at free safety and nose tackle. That's what I want more than anything else. Well, that and Ben Mason at fullback.

Im with you there.
At least we've got some sort of strategy, we're drafting quick an explosive pass rushing D-Line (+Parsons), with a number of different looks. Problem is there's a common theme with Odiguizuwa and Golston (+Gallimore and Hill) lacking: bulk, strength and susceptibility to getting blocked. There has to be a big bodied (or technical) NT, 1-tech who can move the pocket/wipe out blockers and opening gaps for the above.....or DT that demands double teaming.

Mr_437

Reaction score
There were five defensive tackles taken in the first three rounds. The Cowboys were one of the five teams to do so.

Of those five picks, only one was a 1-tech and he was taken before the Cowboys third overall pick. Alim McNeil was ranked as the 80th best player across a 50 draft board average, as compiled by The Athletic

McNeil went at #72 to the Lions. The Cowboys took DT Osa Odighizuwa three picks later at 75

Would you have taken Alim McNeil at 44, the Cowboys 2nd round pick?

I think it’s easy for fans to say “we should have taken soandso!” But in some cases, it’s not even a real person they want, but rather a mystery player that doesn’t exist

There are no “premium” 1-techs this year. It’s a historically weak DT draft class.

Expecting any team to magically create a player out of thin air is easy.
There may not be a premium 1Tech, but there are 1Techs on the board better than Gholston or Wright who weren't pressing needs.

Is there a bigger need at 4tech or 1tech? Bro Antwan Woods is still the starting 1tech. Urban is the starting 4Tech with Watkins, Osa, Gholston behind him. Woods is all there is a 1tech (the biggest need).

I'm not the poster child for your generalization of Cowboy fans. Just say you blindly support the team no matter what they do. Sip your blue Kool-Aid, wave your pom poms, and believe they've done the best they can do drafting UDFAs in Round 3.

davidariust24

Reaction score
We have Quinns defense that he had in Seattle right? We missed out on the free Safety on Mohrig (Thomas) , but we could get it right if we draft Jabril Cox LB LSU who plays like a safety in coverage. He is 6'1" 233 and he would be our Kam Chancellor. He could be our future Strong Safety id trade both 4th round picks to move up and grab that first pick in the round since he is the best available. We need a safety and he can fill that need if they think outside the box like when Chancellor was drafted

DFWJC

Reaction score
LOL. TFred had grades from 2nd to 3rd.

This guy has grades that are basically UDFA. And we took him in the third.

Ever get tired of excusing everything the Cowboys do?
True....no remote comparison

Anyway, at 31, TFred was just about picked in the 2nd

I rememberi arguing this clearly at the time
We liked him a ton.
Maybe...maybe....if we found a trade to drop 10 more spots into the 2nd, we might still get him.
But maybe that trade wasn't available ir maybe they didnt feel it worththe risk.
We do know Pittsburgh loved him too.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Lol quit with the list man. Nobody have any of the 3 picks in round 3. Better start digging in the UDFA bin for round 4

Not an attack on you. Just ridiculous how they’ve drafted
i'll never quit with the lists.
and i'll say...dane bruglar had 4th rd grades on osa and golston.
had joseph as a 2nd or 3rd.
if wright becomes what quinn covets in a corner...who cares where he was drafted.

Carson

Reaction score
i'll never quit with the lists.
and i'll say...dane bruglar had 4th rd grades on osa and golston.
had joseph as a 2nd or 3rd.
if wright becomes what quinn covets in a corner...who cares where he was drafted.
I was just messing man.

just don’t get your hopes up we take any of them