NFL games to be on 10 networks/streaming services this upcoming season

pansophy

Reaction score
If you have a VPN you can get the NFL Europe package that includes redzone. Cheaper than the domestic package (I pay less than $200) and you won't have to deal with all the services. I travel internationally so I have to do it this way, but when when I'm home it works just as well when I'm connected to a VPN.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Why can't the NFL stream from it's own app? This is stupid!
Do you see the amounts these streaming services or networks are forking over to the NFL? They would never do that. They continue to let these services try to outbid each other and they are rolling in cash.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Huge difference in the app being free vs the subscription to use it. All the apps are free. But you need to subscribe to actually use it to view the programming. Peacock is not free to use and this NFL playoff game to view outside of the local markets of the 2 teams, will require that subscription to legally watch it.
Yes, I understand that, and like I said, I was using it for FREE when I first started using it. I don't know why everyone is having such a hard time understanding this.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yes, I understand that, and like I said, I was using it for FREE when I first started using it. I don't know why everyone is having such a hard time understanding this.
But the playoff game absolutely won't be free. They aren't going to include this in any free trial. And now, Xfinity customers won't be getting Peacock for free any longer. That is what people are saying this. You can't skirt your away around it to watch this playoff game. I already use Peacock through a friend so this doesn't affect me but this is just the beginning of what is about to happen to the sports landscape in terms of viewing and pay per view. At some point, sports will be entirely PPV. Not right away but these are experiments. The entire MLS is on AppleTV exclusively. I sense this is where sports will go. The NFL will only be shown on an exclusive streaming medium.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans should start speaking with their wallets and put an end to this. It is getting ridiculous to watch sports these days, especially local sports. No longer are they on free OTA channels. Then they moved to Fox Sports SW, which wasn't too bad. Now they are on Bally Sports, which is atrocious. And only available through them directly or on DirecTV Stream.

Stop purchasing all these new streaming apps and allowing these enterprises to gouge us at every turn. Stop watching slowly. They will feel the hit as time goes on. But ratings are at an all time high for the NFL so they are going to go all out while they can.
Until cable, satellite and streaming pricing reaches a cost breakeven point for a significant percentage (perhaps 15%-25%?) of subscribers across the board, nothing, literally, will halt or reverse sports programming from being carried outside of over-the-air broadcasts. The industries have tens of millions of current subscribers. An untapped subscriber pool, numbering in the millions, is a viable source of new customers every year.

There are many Directv customers like me, who ditched their Sunday Ticket, after subscription costs exceeded what they wanted to pay. That same thing is and will happen with Google, Amazon and even new players in the pay-for-games arena like Peacock, Those defections cannot offset the new subscriber gains. Take Peacock again. The streamer gained five million subscribers in the last quarter of 2022 but only two million signed up during the first quarter of this year.

The waiting-for-people-to-stop-subscribing wish is just a wish. Millions will continue signing up to watch games. Millions will continue paying too much money for too much programming. The only realistic way the NFL pay-per-view machine breaks down is for tens of millions of present and future customers to be dissuaded by a massive publicity campaign (grassroots, social media, whatever) that will convince them to stop paying. It is the only scenario where Jiminy Cricket's wish gets granted.

MS17

Reaction score
But the playoff game absolutely won't be free. They aren't going to include this in any free trial. And now, Xfinity customers won't be getting Peacock for free any longer. That is what people are saying this. You can't skirt your away around it to watch this playoff game. I already use Peacock through a friend so this doesn't affect me but this is just the beginning of what is about to happen to the sports landscape in terms of viewing and pay per view. At some point, sports will be entirely PPV. Not right away but these are experiments. The entire MLS is on AppleTV exclusively. I sense this is where sports will go. The NFL will only be shown on an exclusive streaming medium.
This a real, distinct possibility... Ah, the "golden age" of DirecTv-Sunday Ticket.
The question is how much profit ($$$) is actually lurking in the minds of the NFL owners and executives right now.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What? I didn't know this. Crap!
Peacock Subscription Changes on June 26, 2023 and FAQs

<snip>

FAQs

What is happening with Peacock on Xfinity?
Starting June 26, 2023, Peacock will no longer be included at no extra cost with Xfinity services. At that time, you’ll get a free sample of Peacock programming. If eligible, you’ll have the option to resubscribe to Peacock Premium through a limited-time offer.

Why is this changing?
NBCUniversal included Peacock Premium at no extra cost to customers with Xfinity services, and that offering is concluding.

Read more

You know what? I thought I had finally figured out the Peacock free and paid tiers based on available information but it seems like there are more and more strings attached according to different providers. This Xfinity FAQ does lead me to believe that all Peacock subscribers everywhere will eventually pay for the service. The if-and-when is the only question.

JJ1986

Reaction score
I’m surprised that Hulu, HBO Max, and Netflix did not make the cut. This is beyond ridiculous now.

Big_D

Reaction score
I could just get rid of one of the many others I don't really watch. On principle I won’t do that until the Cowboys end up in that wildcard game. :(

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of these days, someone is going to reinvent cable tv : one wire rules them all

bigE79

Reaction score
I would offer that the NFL media/program committee (or whatever they call it now) has plans on the drawing board for 2025 and beyond. Like for instance, spreading out the contracts (games) to even more outlets and networks to spur competition. Price goes up, the league is enriched and the fans are tossed a few crumbs.
I think we're like the little penniless kids with noses pressed against the window of the candy store. It stinks. Sure, "it's a business."
"It's not personal Sonny,it's business"