NFL games to be on 10 networks/streaming services this upcoming season

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Today it was announced that Peacock will have an exclusive Playoff game. Most likely it would be the least sexy AFC matchup, like Jacksonville and someone.
Not completely excusive. NBC will carry the game in the two teams' markets.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes but I would need donations to launch the movement, care to donate?
Post a draft of your action plan to get a feel for potential of success. Who knows? I might contribute unless it has something to do with short-sighted, immediately ineffective billboard messaging. My answer would automatically be a 'no' if that's the plan, lol.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I said years ago that when the NFL went to a pay per view league that's when I'd be done with it. It looks like that's where it's heading. I refuse to get any of these streaming services just for one or 2 games.
:hammer:
.....Roger Goodell has completely wrecked this league.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Peacock is NBC so why wouldnt they also put it on their regular channel?
For the same reason Paramount+ will have games for CBS and Disney have ABC and ESPN/ESPN+ under its umbrella: subscriber and more categorically targeted advertising revenue. Most questions will usually boil down to all about the Benjamins.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:hammer:
.....Roger Goodell has completely wrecked this league.
The current NFL CBA was ratified in March 1993. Player contracts would automatically start ballooning across the board as a result. The league started the Sunday Ticket in September 1994 to both fill their pockets and greatly compensate for annual player contract costs.

Goodell was hired in August 2006. Goodell shares partial blame for squeezing money out of a turnip but his actions are simply a growth extension of what Paul Tagliabue and the owners began more than a decade before he became commissioner.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Great for the NFL, not so great for fans. Can't wait to see whose playoff game ends up on Peacock. Welcome to 2023.
You know Peacock is free, right? All you have to do is download it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know Peacock is free, right? All you have to do is download it.
How and where are you downloading it? I ask because I have downloaded the app to my iPhone, television and laptop. In every instance, the app requires a plan subscription of either $4.99 per month (with ads) or $9.99 per month. The exact same sign up information I have seen in the app displays on the streamer's web front page also:

https://www.peacocktv.com/

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Peacock is NBC so why wouldnt they also put it on their regular channel?
you should be able to answer that yourself lol.
They paid 100mil for it, so do they air it on their pay channel or the free one?????????
And if they aired on nbc that would not be good for the pay channel.

They might rerun it next day or something on nbc.

It is just chargers and bills, so mostly it is their fans who might pay to see it.
Same for playoff game , depends on the teams.

I dont care who it is, I wont be getting that channel. or amazon etc.
The only one I might do is youtube basic, but have not decided yet. That gives me dvr, local channels, espn , and nfl network I think.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
How and where are you downloading it? I ask because I have downloaded the app to my iPhone, television and laptop. In every instance, the app requires a plan subscription of either $4.99 per month (with ads) or $9.99 per month. The exact same sign up information I have seen in the app displays on the streamer's web front page also:

it had a free tier in the past till jan of 22 or 23. but this nfl games would not air on the free tier.
read here.
https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/peacock-ends-free-tier-nbcuniversal-1235508588/

LonnieElam

Reaction score

I have it on my smart TV. I have the paid service, but I watched stuff for free on there all the time before that (especially Married With Children, lol). I can't imagine the NFL game(s) NOT being free, as more people will watch it, which means more ad profits. Google says it'll be free, but that may be for only people in each market.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Again, stop subscribing to these streaming services completely. It's the only way to stop this crap before it gets to the point that ALL games become ppv.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it had a free tier in the past till jan of 22 or 23. but this nfl games would not air on the free tier.
read here.
https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/peacock-ends-free-tier-nbcuniversal-1235508588/
That is good solid info. Per that January 2023 article:

As of Monday (Jan. 30), Peacock had stopped allowing new users to sign up for the free tier. To get Peacock, users will need to subscribe to the Premium plan ($4.99/month) with ads or Premium Plus ($9.99/month) without ads.

That explains the disconnect between what existing pre-January 30th Peacock subscribers know and anyone seeking to sign up for Peacock after that date. Now I will try digging a little and discover if NBCUniversal changed its plan in regards to those pre-January 30th Peacock subscribers since that article was published.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have it on my smart TV. I have the paid service, but I watched stuff for free on there all the time before that (especially Married With Children, lol). I can't imagine the NFL game(s) NOT being free, as more people will watch it, which means more ad profits. Google says it'll be free, but that may be for only people in each market.
The key here is that you have the paid service now.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
The key here is that you have the paid service now.
And that sentence was followed up by me saying I watched stuff for FREE before I decided to get the paid service. The only reason I got the paid service was to watch a few movies that released to stream the same time as theaters.

fivetwos

Reaction score
My DTV just went up, again. My $50 off per month just expired. They said they can take $40 off. This is not good enough. They did give me MLB Extra Innings for free this year. So I can watch some of the Reds games.
I been searching for alternative steaming. Including DTV Stream. I can save about $80 maybe a little a month including that $40, maybe a little more.
Keep same channels I have.

As all the other options still do not have all the channels as DTV does. If it was just me, I would switch, but there are other people I must consider as well.

However as I looked yesterday.
I can get You Tube TV, for the $75, and get Philo TV to get the channels that YT does not have, for $25, and can throw in NFL ST if I got it at $249 ($25 per month average) and still save $75 a month over DTV. If I do NFL ST at all.

Going to look into that option today. May do YT free trial and see how it does. I already have Prime.
Need to find out how many of the Channels the others actually watch that YT does not have.
Depends on what else you tend to watch and what you are willing to live without. Some of it may be redundant. It’s exhausting to figure out. All I know is I’m dumping DTV shortly, and things may or may not improve as a result.

Gotta figure out what we want to have etc, and who has that channel. It’s ridiculous already, but I guess better than having no choice….but you’ve really gotta put the time in to maximize it. It’s supposed to be entertainment!! Lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, stop subscribing to these streaming services completely. It's the only way to stop this crap before it gets to the point that ALL games become ppv.
The crap started in September 1994. It would take an organized effort, of hundreds of thousands existing cable, satellite and streaming subscribers, to stop paying for their services, before the league's three-decade old plan towards all pay per view games gets derailed for any length of time. CowboysZone holds *some* influence but nowhere nearly enough for that task, lol.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And that sentence was followed up by me saying I watched stuff for FREE before I decided to get the paid service. The only reason I got the paid service was to watch a few movies that released to stream the same time as theaters.
Before before before. You replied to what @Jake stated earlier:

Great for the NFL, not so great for fans. Can't wait to see whose playoff game ends up on Peacock. Welcome to 2023.

Jake was not referring to the past. He was referring to what will eventually happen in Peacock's and NFL postseason's future.