NFL investigating Crawford

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
There were reports out the other day that prosecutors were backing off.

A billionaire owner tangled in a sleazy sex scandal is likely getting a pass, but a player in a nightclub shoving match will probably earn a suspension for “conduct unbecoming”? C’mon!

Money talks...

Well, all of the people in the sex sting got a deal offered where they had to admit guilt and their record would be expunged after a couple years of probation. SOunds like he is going to reject it...so there should be a trial. TO me it all centers on the video....if they can get it thrown away, he will likely get off. However it sounds like plenty of evidence outside of the video, so Kraft should be hit hard. We will see.

aria

Reaction score
Well, all of the people in the sex sting got a deal offered where they had to admit guilt and their record would be expunged after a couple years of probation. SOunds like he is going to reject it...so there should be a trial. TO me it all centers on the video....if they can get it thrown away, he will likely get off. However it sounds like plenty of evidence outside of the video, so Kraft should be hit hard. We will see.
They must all be Goodells buddies and anti Cowboys fans with lots of money :rolleyes:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Plus, every time someone passes gas, there’s a camera crew, a presser, a Senate Subcommittee...
And he is a millionaire. And has a beautiful wife. And still not 30 years old. If I was due to make 6 or 7 million this year I would be cool. But I am not him and maybe at 29 and being a millionaire I would be a little crazy.

glimmerman

Reaction score
100 hours of community service. That they likely won’t even have to do.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, the bar hasn't pressed charges on behalf of their bouncers and the cops didn't charge him with pushing a couple of officers. The devil is in the details and there is a reason neither of those things happened and we've yet to hear his side of the story.

However, this rush to judgement against the league is off base. Don't you think they'd like to say, after investigating, that there is nothing to see here? It seems every time we hear and see these stories, we assume the players' guilt and that video isn't favorable to him but he does not have this kind of history so I want to hear his side of this. May be he just had too much to drink, snapped and will have to give up money but let's at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

glimmerman

Reaction score
So, the bar hasn't pressed charges on behalf of their bouncers and the cops didn't charge him with pushing a couple of officers. The devil is in the details and there is a reason neither of those things happened and we've yet to hear his side of the story.

However, this rush to judgement against the league is off base. Don't you think they'd like to say, after investigating, that there is nothing to see here? It seems every time we hear and see these stories, we assume the players' guilt and that video isn't favorable to him but he does not have this kind of history so I want to hear his side of this. May be he just had too much to drink, snapped and will have to give up money but let's at least give him the benefit of the doubt.
The video I saw last night looked like they were both in the wrong. Likely why no charges pressed. They said he was acting like a jerk. No telling who threw the first punch. But the bouncers were throwing punches. Holding him down and hitting him. Those poor girls had to quit doing body shots while it happened. That’s a 2 game suspension for that. Lol.

If goodell wants he can say it’s conduct detrimental to the league and suspend. It seems that the way the suspensions are handed out isn’t done in a regulated fashion. Seems to be however he wants. Hopefully it’s corrected in the next CBA. The NFL pays him waayyyyy to much money.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is banking on the "never give up, never give in" doubts that will place in some peoples' minds. If he is guilty, why isn't he to willing to take the easy way out?

The guy is a billionaire and respected for the things he does in his community and I doubt he's part of sex trafficking. What the hell is a billionaire doing in a joint like that getting a discount hj? That will have to wait for the answer to why would Jimmy Swaggart risk his empire for one of the skankiest hookers in a sleaze bag hotel? Kraft, supposedly, has this younger woman that he's been with for some time and he needs to go slumming?

Anthropologists have been trying to explain man's need for some "strange" since the beginning of time and money has little to do with it.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
He is banking on the "never give up, never give in" doubts that will place in some peoples' minds. If he is guilty, why is he to willing to take the easy way out?

The guy is a billionaire and respected for the things he does in his community and I doubt he's part of sex trafficking. What the hell is a billionaire doing in a joint like that getting a discount hj? That will have to wait for the answer to why would Jimmy Swaggart risk his empire for one of the skankiest hookers in a sleaze bag hotel? Kraft, supposedly, has this younger woman that he's been with for some time and he needs to go slumming?

Anthropologists have been trying to explain man's need for some "strange" since the beginning of time and money has little to do with it.
Maybe it makes him feel dirty and he likes it. Those rich people do some weird stuff sometimes. You would think he would point and have some people take care of it for him while he waits in his 5 star hotel.

ESisback

Reaction score
Really? How do you know Kraft is getting off? Because the law gave him a plea deal where he would have to admit he’s guilty? Did Kraft get off when Bellicheck was fined $500,000 or Tom Brady was suspended 6 games or the Pats lost a first round pick?

Did the NFL go after JJ for his pictures with his pants doen and girls old enough to be his granddaughters on their knees in front of him? They easily could have even though it wasn’t against the law.

Zeke got screwed, I’ve never denied that but they also could have gone after him for the St Patricks day incident or investigated the night club incident and got him kicked out of the league but they didn’t. Why?

Game altering subjective penalties? Do you watch every NFL game? Almost every team can point to one non call or penalty that cost them the game. People whine about the Dez non catch but never mention the Hitchens PI or the fact that the refs initially called it then picked the flags up or why Dez didn’t get flagged for running out on the field with his helmet off to argue with refs. The Lions fans have something to say about that.

Last years NO game was horribly officiated on both sides where both teams had game altering penalties or non calls. Had we lost, people like you would have picked apart every penalty and non call to use as an excuse as to why we lost and the NFL is biased against it’s biggest money maker and most popular team but instead there was a several page thread laughing about the Saints fans complaining about the officiating. Funny how that works, isn’t it?

You make some viable points. Yeah, we get away with a lot of stuff, and as I’ve said many times before, fans of losing teams cry foul entirely too often. Most of our failures are our own damn fault. BUT...are you denying Cowboy bias?

ESisback

Reaction score
He is banking on the "never give up, never give in" doubts that will place in some peoples' minds. If he is guilty, why is he to willing to take the easy way out?

True dat!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The video I saw last night looked like they were both in the wrong. Likely why no charges pressed. They said he was acting like a jerk. No telling who threw the first punch. But the bouncers were throwing punches. Holding him down and hitting him. Those poor girls had to quit doing body shots while it happened. That’s a 2 game suspension for that. Lol.

If goodell wants he can say it’s conduct detrimental to the league and suspend. It seems that the way the suspensions are handed out isn’t done in a regulated fashion. Seems to be however he wants. Hopefully it’s corrected in the next CBA. The NFL pays him waayyyyy to much money.
They pay him all that money to make sure they continue to make more money and being the judge, jury and executioner is part of the job description.

Do we really think Rozelle or Tagliblue would have handled this any differently? Goodell gets the duty with the internet and camera phones, they got the duty with heresay and rumors.

glimm, I've shared this before, but I knew the ex Chief of Detectives for DPD during the 60's and 70's and if Schramm hadn't been smart and made friends with the DPD and FWPD and hired a ton of off duty officers, they wouldn't have looked the other way as much as they did up to driving players and their cars home when they were too drunk to drive.

I am just surprised this doesn't happen more often. Mixing alcohol and testosterone together can create a bouncer's nightmare. This isn't about guys having too much and just being stupid guys like most of us have been, this is the media flexing their muscles and reminding us who is in control.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It’s one thing to run a fast 40 yard dash but to have that and the skill to play in the NFL is hard. Some of the players that ran the fastest 40 times never really made it in the NFL.

Well this was posted in the wrong thread. But still true.

ESisback

Reaction score
They pay him all that money to make sure they continue to make more money and being the judge, jury and executioner is part of the job description.

Do we really think Rozelle or Tagliblue would have handled this any differently? Goodell gets the duty with the internet and camera phones, they got the duty with heresay and rumors.

glimm, I've shared this before, but I knew the ex Chief of Detectives for DPD during the 60's and 70's and if Schramm hadn't been smart and made friends with the DPD and FWPD and hired a ton of off duty officers, they wouldn't have looked the other way as much as they did up to driving players and their cars home when they were too drunk to drive.

I am just surprised this doesn't happen more often. Mixing alcohol and testosterone together can create a bouncer's nightmare. This isn't about guys having too much and just being stupid guys like most of us have been, this is the media flexing their muscles and reminding us who is in control.

Yep. JFK made Bill Clinton look like a rank amateur, but in those days media was controlled. No internet, no cell phones...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You make some viable points. Yeah, we get away with a lot of stuff, and as I’ve said many times before, fans of losing teams cry foul entirely too often. Most of our failures are our own damn fault. BUT...are you denying Cowboy bias?
It is the sports franchise with the most light shining on it and the owner perpetuates that.

The Cowboys to the NFL and media are like Tom Brady to Belichick. If we'll do this to them; we'll do this to anyone.

ES, it sure doesn't help with the players cooperating and providing the league and media with examples. Hell, Wade Wilson got nailed. The public, as well as many of us here, have been conditioned to not if the next Cowboys' incident will happen but when it will happen.

Did Crawford make it easy or hard for the league to leave the Cowboys alone? Goodell and Booger patched up their differences after his new deal was put in place, he's not out to get the best ratings and revenue team in the league. I am sure he'd like for the players to stop getting him involved.

Crawford is on video in a bar fight with bouncers and most of the posters here started in on Goodell, that's nuts. This persecution complex gets downright absurd at times.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Does anyone have an updated tally of Team RKG’s games lost to suspension? Garrett has HOF numbers in that category.

glimmerman

Reaction score

I am sure there is likey still more they get away with even today. But with cameras everywhere and media with the money to buy it or people sticking it on social media then it’s caight a lot more often. Just amazes me that in today’s game that players don’t use some of this help that is offered. JJ offers drivers to pick his players up when drinking to much. And you have players like Brent that cost a guy his life. T-Will could have possibly saved his job by taking the ride home. No reason for any player to get a DUI. The fights happen and will always happen when you add high testosterone young millionaires and booze. These kids need to learn how to have house parties.