NFL investigating Patriots for deflating footballs

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Pete Carroll is no stranger to cheating the system either,,, USC says "Hi".

Yea but it's not like the rest of the big time schools are straight shooters either... unfortunately.

A lot of these kids that are getting degrees from football powerhouses can't even read their diploma.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
LOL Get past Spygate and now this. Now if the Pats win the Superbowl people will say it's because they cheated.

EST_1986

Reaction score
LOL Get past Spygate and now this. Now if the Pats win the Superbowl people will say it's because they cheated.

Pats didn't need to deflate balls they could have used a baseball last night and beat down the Colts.

TonyS

Reaction score
The NFL has reviewed the images below and indicated that there is no conclusive proof that the Patriots deflated their balls in order to gain competitive advantage yesterday. Case closed. ;)

pats_deflated_ball.jpg

pats_deflated_ball2.jpg

Last edited:

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
The NFL has reviewed the image below and indicated that there is no conclusive proof that the Patriots deflated their balls in order to gain competitive advantage yesterday. Case closed. ;)

pats_deflated_ball.jpg

Hello, Dean Blandino here...Please refrain from making officiating judgments and leave the officiating to experts such as myself. Based in the visual evidence you presented, in my judgment there is indisputable evidence that the ball is not deflated. Now, depending on the team (s) involved, I could change my indisputable judgment, but in this particular case, the evidence is clear.

Last edited:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Pats didn't need to deflate balls they could have used a baseball last night and beat down the Colts.

I agree with that but you know that there are people who hate them and will use this to try to discredit their Superbowl win if they win it this season.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I agree with that but you know that there are people who hate them and will use this to try to discredit their Superbowl win if they win it this season.

The haters would discredit them no matter what, but deflated ball or not Indy wasn't beating them. I do wonder what the Pats have done and got away with tho.

TonyS

Reaction score

Games typically start tied at 0-0. The Pats wouldn't have "known" they didn't need to cheat until well into the 3rd quarter according to the score.

joseephuss

Reaction score
They lost a 1st round pick and got 750k in fines. Not so sure thats a slap on the wrist.

I don't think $750K is not a large fine relative to what franchises make each year. Dallas essentially was fined $10 million a couple of years ago for circumventing the salary cap.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
The haters would discredit them no matter what, but deflated ball or not Indy wasn't beating them. I do wonder what the Pats have done and got away with tho.

I'm sure once Brady and Bill retire someone will write a tell all book of all the dirty, low down cheating that's going on up there.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Games typically start tied at 0-0. The Pats wouldn't have "known" they didn't need to cheat until well into the 3rd quarter according to the score.

By the 3rd quarter they had already weighed the balls so no deflated balls in the 2nd half.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
What do you expect?

When the most serious of cheating allegations with *proof* of it happening comes along and the NFL says 'well, nothing to see here' and *destroys the evidence*...why would the Patriots think they couldn't just find other ways to cheat again? Winning a Super Bowl sure outweighs losing a draft pick and a $1 million fine.

YR

Patriots will NEVER escape cheating scandal.

SPYGATE

They are 3-0 in Super Bowl when cheating.
Unfortunately 0-2 vs giants when not cheating.

They are chasing that Super Bowl win to validate or Atleast try to validate those three wins.

They screwed McNabb and TO.

Just saw this .... "Deflate agate"

Lol