NFL Live Today 2/8/19

Little Jr

Reaction score
I bought into, the offense will change in 2017 because they had a whole off-season to put in a offense for Dak, that didn't happen. I bought into, the offense will change in 2018 because Linehan has more control, that didn't happen. Don't know if he didn't have as much control to change and be more creative or his offense was simplistic as JG, either way, nothing changed. So this year I'll hold out on my enthusiasm that it will change because Moore supposedly has control over the offense and can implement his playbook.

If he can, 2 things can happen. 1. Hes the guru people hope and think he is and he implements a creative offensive . 2. He's been under JG and/or Linehan for his whole nfl career and will be the same old boring ****.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Raise your hand if you think Kellen Moore has the power to install a new offensive system in Dallas.

And if he does boy is Jason Garrett a completely emasculated puppet.
It always amazes me how some of you guys just don't get this team and how it works.

It is just different than any other

It is setup as a corporation is setup.

Chairman Jerrah.

Vice chairperson Stephen.

Board of Directors Will Clay, Garrett and now Moore and soon Richards if not already.

These guys along with others make the decisions with the Chairman having final vote.

It is truly unique.

It has had success at times like this year.

Garrett has to be given credit.

Jerrah is in the Hall of Fame.

We now have what 20 people in the HofF total with Gil Bryant.?

It's an unconventional deployment of leadership.

But because of the involvement of family in all of the businesses, not just the team business..

it works for the owner.

If it doesn't work for the owner..we do not exist.

We will never know how close the year Jerrah bought the team to someone else buying it to being sold and moved when Jerrah swooping in and bought it.

That is all that matters.

He loves this team and the city of Dallas.

Unlike virtually all the other teams..

money is not an object.

We have the money to build state of the art stadiums and practice facilities.

That ain't emasculated.

It isn't senile.

None of us understand how Jerrah has changed the NFL across the board.

He changed how the league did it's business with endorsements and labor relations.

Always startles me how some are just not big enough thinkers to understand what we have in our owner.

It's called financially successful.

Last edited:

Pants

Reaction score
Are people really excited over Moore as OC.
Or are they just accepting that he is now the OC and getting excited because they have no other choice. Therefore fooling themselves into believing this is a good thing.

I still don't know what to think about it.
My only excitement is that Linehan is gone. But I am not overly excited that new person is Moore.
I won't complain that it is him, but I will not act like the offense will now be a powerhouse.

Show me the results first.

This is about where I am....I am thrilled to see linehan on the unemployment line and hopeful that the change will be positive with Moore and not just the same ol', same ol'

time will tell

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It always amazes me how some of you guys just don't get this team and how it works.

Chairman Jerrah.

Board of Directors Will Clay, Garrett and now Moore and soon Richards if not already.

These guys along with others make the decisions with the Chairman having final vote.

It is truly unique.

But because of the involvement of family in all of the businesses, not just the team business..

it works for the owner.

We will never know how close the year Jerrah bought the team to someone else buying it to being sold and moved when Jerrah swooping in and bought it.

money is not an object.

That ain't emasculated.

It isn't senile.

He changed how the league did it's business with endorsements and labor relations.

Always startles me how some are just not big enough thinkers to understand what we have in our owner.

This is truly factual -- irrespective and excluding valid management of more than a divisional championship being a likely outcome. :grin:

Last edited:

Little Jr

Reaction score

Chairman Jerrah.

It is truly unique.

it works for the owner.

money is not an object.

That ain't emasculated.

It isn't senile.

We do understand what we have in our owner and it's not worth a ****. Personally, I don't give 2 ***** what he has done for the league and how he changed it. I care how he has changed this team and how it's ran over the past 22 years and it hasn't been worth a ****.

It always startles me how some are ok with 4 playoff wins in 22 years without even a nfc championship game, along with the skins and the lion's being the only other ones not appearing in one. That's where this organization has gone, being mentioned with the lions organization.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are people really excited over Moore as OC.
Or are they just accepting that he is now the OC and getting excited because they have no other choice. Therefore fooling themselves into believing this is a good thing.

I still don't know what to think about it.
My only excitement is that Linehan is gone. But I am not overly excited that new person is Moore.
I won't complain that it is him, but I will not act like the offense will now be a powerhouse.

Show me the results first.
Moore being the OC is like Garrett being the HC of Booger being the owner, not a thing we can do about it and the complaining gets us nowhere.

Even if he is this great offensive football mind, he still needs a learning curve and better execution than Linehan got. One thing that would be a great help would be to get Yosemite back 100% to start the season. I really think they missed him more than we know. Looney did a yeoman's job filling in but a Center as smart as Yosemite to help with the line calls would be such a benefit to OC and QB.

I think your second sentence pretty much sums it up because as it looked like it was going to happen, I saw several start to shift their focus to a more positive side with threads.

I still believe a lot of our displeasure was as much execution as the calls. There were a lot of missed blocks and incomplete plays this past season with the offense. Dallas was 2nd in offensive holding calls and a challenged offense can't overcome that easily. When a team wants to be a run team, can't have the penalties. KC led the league in all penalties but had the O to overcome that and then some.

Hardline

Reaction score

Chairman Jerrah.

It is truly unique.

it works for the owner.

money is not an object.

That ain't emasculated.

It isn't senile.

That would be a well and good if it translated into success.
It doesn't

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I bought into, the offense will change in 2017 because they had a whole off-season to put in a offense for Dak, that didn't happen. I bought into, the offense will change in 2018 because Linehan has more control, that didn't happen. Don't know if he didn't have as much control to change and be more creative or his offense was simplistic as JG, either way, nothing changed. So this year I'll hold out on my enthusiasm that it will change because Moore supposedly has control over the offense and can implement his playbook.

If he can, 2 things can happen. 1. Hes the guru people hope and think he is and he implements a creative offensive . 2. He's been under JG and/or Linehan for his whole nfl career and will be the same old boring ****.
I really don't think #2 is gonna happen, especially after the comments JJ made about wanting more creativity.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is about where I am....I am thrilled to see linehan on the unemployment line and hopeful that the change will be positive with Moore and not just the same ol', same ol'

time will tell
Mean....but okay.

Pants

Reaction score
Mean....but okay.

yes, a little mean...I don't TRULY wish anything bad on anyone, and Linehan, if he doesn't work again, has more money than I will make before retirement, so I think he isn't in the bread-line....but, I would like to see he and Garrett playing cards on sunday afternoons and watching the NFL because they have nothing else to do....I also stand by what I said with Moore - he is SUCH an unknown until they let him go and be creative....if he is Garrett II, then he is more lame than Lamehan....

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
yes, a little mean...I don't TRULY wish anything bad on anyone, and Linehan, if he doesn't work again, has more money than I will make before retirement, so I think he isn't in the bread-line....but, I would like to see he and Garrett playing cards on sunday afternoons and watching the NFL because they have nothing else to do....I also stand by what I said with Moore - he is SUCH an unknown until they let him go and be creative....if he is Garrett II, then he is more lame than Lamehan....
I really think he's gonna get a lot of latitude to implement a change in philosophy, regarding the play calling. For Jerry to be publicly showing signs of being tired of the playbook, he must be right there with us.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We do understand what we have in our owner and it's not worth a ****. Personally, I don't give 2 ***** what he has done for the league and how he changed it. I care how he has changed this team and how it's ran over the past 22 years and it hasn't been worth a ****.

It always startles me how some are ok with 4 playoff wins in 22 years without even a nfc championship game, along with the skins and the lion's being the only other ones not appearing in one. That's where this organization has gone, being mentioned with the lions organization.
Mentioned only by you.

Gone from your tirade is the fact he removed Landry and rebuilt the team with Johnson and the UM staff.

These were brilliant moves.

Johnson got too big for his britches and went on to do nothing in football once he left the team.

Jerry has gone on to be a billionaire.

Or is that another mark against him, too?

This is America.

How is your financial bottom line over the last 30 years?

I always chuckle at people who find fault with those that have success.

Like its some form of disease.

This franchise is a business first.

Not a gift to the sports needy.

Try to tone it down and just support the team.

Doubt you know how.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Mentioned only by you.

Gone from your tirade is the fact he removed Landry and rebuilt the team with Johnson and the UM staff.

These were brilliant moves.

Johnson got too big for his britches and went on to do nothing in football once he left the team.

Jerry has gone on to be a billionaire.

Or is that another mark against him, too?

This is America.

How is your financial bottom line over the last 30 years?

I always chuckle at people who find fault with those that have success.

Like its some form of disease.
You have to admit:
He let it out. I hope it was cathartic!