Twitter: NFL may be trying to make an example out of Zeke

Philmonroe

Reaction score
This forum was pretty much unanimously defending Zeke during his last incident and thought his suspension was wrong. The fact that it's more divided on this issue shows Zeke is messing up and doing it consistently - as someone who defended Zeke during his last suspension, it makes me question if he truly was straight in that entire incident.
Well maybe you didn’t really think he was straight the last incident anyway if this makes you change your mind. They aren’t related to me outside of them being off the field situations. Dv isn’t the same thing as “pushing” another guy. If it is to you ok

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Hypothetical question.

If that guard said, I hope your mother dies to Zeke would Zeke's reaction be considered wrong?

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score

"NFL may be trying to make an example out of Zeke."

Don't they always? Yet a thug breaks his son's arm, another thug gets arrested twice for actually beating a woman, and a perverted old wrinkly NFL owner gets caught in a prostitution sting....and nada.

You can count on your fair and balanced commish to mete out justice. He who ran around singing "Hail to the Commanders" and wearing his mini Commander helmet then growing up to become butt buddies with Mara.Yep, all is well.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was exactly like Zeke at his age with money to spend, not millions but enough to create havoc. I'm having fun at 60ish too, with enough money to create havoc. Net worth, more than Zeke

Lots of us were idiots at that age, but fortunately everyone around us didn't have a camera in those days, and there were no advocacy groups and protesters threatening our employers.

My net worth is more than Zeke's too, but that will change in a big way when he gets his next contract.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Have one about to head to boot camp on the 10th...and the other still at home wanting mom and dad to hold her hand and give her money. The 2 kids are so different lol...
lol, so one is asking for money for boots for camp and the other is wanting hand holding. Hand holding costs nothing. I assume boots do

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Rumor - meaning no one wants to go out on the limb and name a source.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Lots of us were idiots at that age, but fortunately everyone around us didn't have a camera in those days, and there were no advocacy groups and protesters threatening our employers.

My net worth is more than Zeke's too, but that will change in a big way when he gets his next contract.

I haven't changed much since my 20's TBH. Just more self confident. And there are plenty of cameras around to prove it. Yes there are far more advocacy groups now than back in the 70's. Hell, gay bashing was acceptable back then. We had to deal with the "pepsi generation" not the "me too genny"

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can think it’s nonsense because you’re projecting yourself for everybody but I never do that. That’s why I said some but for some reason you constantly seem to miss things like that. I don’t get why.

I also don’t get why online people get conveniently wild where everything has to be spelled out perfectly for them to understand. When I said people want them to fail of course I don’t mean on the field that doesn’t make sense. Come on my man. I’m talking about when situations like Zeke has found himself in some are happy that they happen in an envious way to show that that person isn’t blah blah blah. I’ve saw it happen many times and if you haven’t good for you but I have mainly online. Some people are self righteous in situations like this but we aren’t changing the others pov on this so we will just have to agree to disagree on that one. I’m not saying it’s not people who are concerned with his availability but some are also envious and glad when things like this happen. If you don’t believe that you come of naive to me but imo just online like you so no big deal honeslty how I see you.

Edit: As far as you’re last sentence it still is a case by case basis and that’s why I personally think it’s self righteousness. Just as many that invest time money etc into the team that care about this as far as Zeke being bad about the same amount or maybe a little less don’t care. That’s why I don’t like using the well they are fans stuff like others who don’t care are not fans themselves.

lol, so instead you just project what you choose to assume others believe on everybody.

But, you see, I'm actually going with the logical, and logic dictates that "fans" are interested in seeing their team win, not lose.

Your take defies that logic.

And your take also ignores the point that nobody was talking this way about Emmitt, or Murray, or even Zeke in 2016. That there was no display of a desire for any of those guys to fail. So, instead you are choosing to defy logic by suggesting that for some mysterious reason fans have chosen this specific player at this specific moment in time to want to see a star player fail, and the team fail, rather than accepting that the player himself has changed the circumstances and is threatening his own ability to succeed and to help the team succeed.

I don't doubt that there are a small handful of people who only show up on sites like these for the purpose of whining about everything, but those people are not representative of most fans. Most fans don't pay for merchandise and tickets and dedicate every Sunday to watching the Cowboys because they love to see them fail. To suggest otherwise is illogical.

There is my Spock speech for the day.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Didn’t know we had so many 20+ million dollar posters on here. Glad to be in such esteemed financial company gentlemen.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
lol, so instead you just project what you choose to assume others believe on everybody.

But, you see, the reality is I am going with the logical, and logic dictates that "fans" are interested in seeing their team win, not lose.

Your take defies that logic.

And your take also ignores the point that nobody was talking this way about Emmitt, or Murray, or even Zeke in 2016. That there was never any display of a desire for any of those guys to fail. So, instead you are choosing to defy logic by suggesting that for some mysterious reason fans have chosen this specific player at this specific moment in time to want to see failure in the RB and the team rather than accepting that the player himself has changed the circumstances and is threatening his own ability to succeed and to help the team succeed.

I don't doubt that there are a small handful of people who only show up on sites like these for the purpose of whining about everything, but those people are not representative of most fans. Most fans don't pay for merchandise and tickets and dedicate every Sunday to watching the Cowboys because they love to see them fail. To suggest otherwise is illogical.

There is my Spock speech for the day.
For somebody who says they’re rich you don’t come off smart at all. You must’ve hit the lottery. Your first sentence I literally spoke about in a previous post. You’re exposing yourself as someone who doesn’t read but just post to be contrarian and it makes it you look bad.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
I’ll say it again. Damn it, Zeke. Where the heck is your group of friends?

The young man did not press charges and that’s hopefully what the NFL focuses on. The fact that the young man could brush it off and maybe even experienced much worse at festivals that it didn’t even phase him.

It would be great to know if he knew who he was and that’s why he decided not to, but doubt it. It’s not like the The cops said, “do you want to press charges against the top RB in the NFL?”

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
It's not just the owners, the players have also empowered him. Though, I think it's a valid argument that the players getting punished now for former agreements weren't part of negotiations. Makes me wonder due to the league being such a revolving door, these negotiations should happen a little more often to represent players coming in better.

Wait for the next CBA! It's gonna ne a doozy. One conflict is so contentious we can's even discuss it on here. I'm sure equality in suspension for equal crime will be an issue. Problem is who set's the standards for what's equal in crime. No charges laid, no crime committed except in some ones eyes. I'm very lucky! No persons judgement of me matters one bit. The only one that matters is mine and perhaps after passing which is another debate not allowed

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't changed much since my 20's TBH. Just more self confident. And there are plenty of cameras around to prove it. Yes there are far more advocacy groups now than back in the 70's. Hell, gay bashing was acceptable back then. We had to deal with the "pepsi generation" not the "me too genny"

I'm guessing that while you may be a guy that has too many drinks at times, you were likely never really a guy that put himself in positions where arrest and/or violence was likely to come into play - and you are not now in a position where you have any worry about being answerable to those in authority at your workplace - perhaps you are the owner of the business. Then, there is the fact that I assume you aren't someone that would be as widely recognizable as Zeke, and therefore whatever you do, even if caught on camera, is unlikely to ever get the attention that a high profile professional athlete can expect.

Mannix

Reaction score
There is never any fear of any national media repercussion when Dallas its picked on, because 99% of the national media hates us....there is never a fear by the referees to over look holding calls against us or the non stop barrage of our big offense plays getting called back because the refs see how the NFL office treats us, and knows there will be no repercussion....this situation really has grown legs.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I'm guessing that while you may be a guy that has too many drinks at times, you were likely never really a guy that put himself in positions where arrest and/or violence was likely to come into play - and you are not now in a position where you have any worry about being answerable to those in authority at your workplace - perhaps you are the owner of the business. Then, there is the fact that I assume you aren't someone that would be as widely recognizable as Zeke, and therefore whatever you do, even if caught on camera, is unlikely to ever get the attention that a high profile professional athlete can expect.

I've been handcuffed a few times. Did some time too. Not for drinking. My face is only recognized in the community. No, I have zero worries about answering to anyone, only myself. Yes I am a business owner, the business is agriculture and my brother and I are co-owners. He's the brawn, I'm the brains. We specialize in what we do and do it very well. I guarantee you my face is more recognized in my community than Zeke's is. Very few people here even watch the NFL. The ones that do are Lions, Bills or Packer fans. I assure you they dislike Zeke more than most of us on here

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For somebody who says they’re rich you don’t come off smart at all. You must’ve hit the lottery. Your first sentence I literally spoke about in a previous post. You’re exposing yourself as someone who doesn’t read but just post to be contrarian and it makes it you look bad.

Where did I say I was rich? Zeke is on a rookie contract. It's a fair amount of money for most, but not what I would call rich.

As for what you say you spoke to in your previous post, that was a back pedal, and you are exposing yourself as one who just switches your story as necessary to continue your narrative.

You can't suggest that fans want to see a player succeed on the field and help the team have great success, and at the same time say they want to see him fall from grace and face suspensions from the NFL over and over. Those are conflicting ideas, and you can't pick and choose which one you want to promote depending on which part of your narrative you want to promote at the time.

EDIT: I looked up Zeke's contract and it is more than I was thinking, so I will amend what I said about having a greater net worth than Zeke - I fall below that assuming he hasn't pissed away too much money.

Last edited: