News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt that! I doubt McCarthy would show up. But once there who knows.

Yeah but would you put it past this team to set something up under false pretenses?

I mean they're interviewing people while they kid themselves about firing Garrett.

There no level of incompetence I put past them at this point.

Just when I think that bar can't get any lower, they continually surprise me.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Im not sure I want McCarthy! Either he never liked running the football or Aaron Rodgers kept checking out of it. I guess as along as he isnt a puppet he would be ok but not my choice.

CB61

Reaction score
McCarthy is pretty out of shape so we got that going for us if he sucks.
He is out of shape we have that going for us? Does that mean it'll be easy for us to run him out of town? LOL! Can we do that now are we allowed? LOL

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
He is out of shape we have that going for us? Does that mean it'll be easy for us to run him out of town? LOL! Can we do that now are we allowed? LOL

If you really think about it, a lot of fat coaches tend to be successful...
I need a stat on that.

I want a fat coach.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
He's not going to like Prescott.

At least Rodgers is a halfway decent human being.
I’m curious as to what Dak has done to spur this opinion. Not that I like having him as Dallas’ QB but what makes you say this?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean like that guy that we have, holed up in the office in the 'reverse hostage situation'?

My take is that I consider McCarthy as a one-dimensional offensive coordinator type that lucked out in having a Hall of Fame quarterback (and ******* in general) that was able to carry that offense to heights it otherwise didn't warrant. And now an offense that's outdated and the game has passed by. It speaks volumes to me that he couldn't get a sniff last year, and the team that fired him immediately went 13-3. That's a glaring indictment in my book.

The Eagles finally won a Super Bowl shortly after Andy Reid.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
ENdoT_1WsAEAU09

CB61

Reaction score
If you really think about it, a lot of fat coaches tend to be successful...
I need a stat on that.

I want a fat coach.
Yes I get that if that's what he meant I was trying to figure out what do you meant by that?

CWR

Reaction score
Not really

Yes really. My question was wether or not McCarthy won because of elite talent or was he that good of a coach. You saying the whole team was great doesn't change my question lol.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I’m curious as to what Dak has done to spur this opinion. Not that I like having him as Dallas’ QB but what makes you say this?

Someone on here said he and Zeke shot "water" guns in a club or something in 2017 or 2018.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
I just don't know about Marvin Lewis. I know he is considered a strong defensive mind, but he never built a dominant defense in Cincy that I can recall. Had a good defense in 2015 but overall his defenses were very up and down. He just seems way too close to Garrett....this team needs a change.

Plus, he will be much better for sound bites than Garrett ever was.
But how are his clapping skills? Does he get good solid contact with his hands? How is the volume level of said claps?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
C'mon, man. Stop.

DUI. Gets beat up while his teammates watch. Scams kids with fake autographs. The list is endless.

You know, I don't know if the list is endless, but it *does* seem like a lot of potential negative stuff gets swept under the rug or quickly dismissed with Dak....

The "great citizen" narrative with Dak is never seriously questioned despite some instances like those you just mentioned that might suggest the image and reality don't fully mesh.....

Status
Not open for further replies.