News: NFL: Mike McCarthy set to interview in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I think I was replying to a different post.

We lost several close games. A few to some playoff participants, like the Saints, we got some very questionable calls and used some very suspect strategy.

A good coach with this team could’ve made a run imo.

I completely agree about the social media diva problem and needed to change the attitude of our team. A coach like Meyer does that immediately.

Getting a team like the 95 Cowboys isn’t that easy. The patriots and other teams have proven you can win with less talent if you’re disciplined and smart. A better coach can accomplish that.

We need more lunch pale guys and fewer divas. The team isn't focused on football and its an organizational problem that been around for a long time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And also worth noting is no HC has ever won a SB with another team.

My hunch is these two interviews were one, to satisfy the Rooney Rule and two to illustrate they are indeed looking for another HC with Garrett still under contract.

I’ll be surprised if they hire either of these coaches.

McCarthy is a viable candidate. I don't see us promoting another coordinator to HC.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I agree. I would be impressed if Jerry hired him.

But he’s not going to be able to name his entire staff and he’ll be undermined by Jerry much like Bill ultimately was.

Sorry, after 25 years my hope is exhausted.
there is as much or more hope than when your buddy was here

Swagger

Reaction score
McCarthy is a hilarious candidate.

He increased his waistline in Green Bay...that was about it.

An embarrassment of a coach - Aaron Rodgers carried his sorry *** for ten years and now we could end up with him.

Hilarious/horrifying at the same time. Whilst Marvin Lewis wouldn't win a play off game with a prime Joe Montana and Lawrence Taylor at his disposal.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
At least I’ll say McCarthy commands respect. He was able to handle one of the nfls biggest diva quarterbacks.

I think we’d getting caught up to much in the system McCarthy runs. We’ve already shown with our simplistic system we can still move the ball because of talent.

what I want to know is if McCarthy focuses on the little things to win football games. If he has his teams prepared to play. That is the reason we’ve lost so many games more than anything.

Exactly...…………..we have been using a dino playbook from the 90s that all our opponents laugh at after the game and we still ended the season with the number 1 ranked offense yardage wise simply due to talent level. So I dont see McCarthy's system being that bad, he at least uses analytics which Garrett laughed at.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Anyone not named Garrett ... come on down. That’s the sad state of the team today. And McCarthy is a zillion times better than him. This would be a good hire. I like Meyer, but will certainly take McCarthy or McDaniels or Riley or Rhule or Saleh ... and on and on it goes. Not sure what Cowboy fans been watching for 10 years? Playoffs are on right now and any change for a real resume will be for the better. This stepson situation has been an absolute joke.

Preach it bro!!!

I'm with you, I dont really care who replaces Garrett all that much as long as he is replaced which will be the case now with Jerry's statement.

I just want to new head coach to not be related in any way to the Jones family, this having your adopted son coach the team was an Epic Fail.

I want Jerry to have 0 emotional attachment to the new guy, so if things go sideways it doesn't take a dam decade to replace him.

MikeT22

Reaction score
McCarthy is a viable candidate. I don't see us promoting another coordinator to HC.

Since Jimmy, Jerry has had a disdain for "walk around" aka real HC's. He much prefers assistant coaches because that is what he is really hiring and just giving the HC title to.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy is a hilarious candidate.

He increased his waistline in Green Bay...that was about it.

An embarrassment of a coach - Aaron Rodgers carried his sorry *** for ten years and now we could end up with him.

Hilarious/horrifying at the same time. Whilst Marvin Lewis wouldn't win a play off game with a prime Joe Montana and Lawrence Taylor at his disposal.

He also had a 10-8 playoff record and won a super bowl............heights that would have landed garret a lifetime contract.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since Jimmy, Jerry has had a disdain for "walk around" aka real HC's. He much prefers assistant coaches because that is what he is really hiring and just giving the HC title to.

He's had success with none of them. We will get a seasoned HC either from the college ranks or pro.

Swagger

Reaction score
He also had a 10-8 playoff record and won a super bowl............heights that would have landed garret a lifetime contract.
It depends how people view it.

I see it as though Rodgers should have won three superbowls by now. It wasn't just on McCarthy as Ted Thompson and Capers made serious mistakes as well. But McCarthy was the Head Coach and for a large period the play caller.

To only win one superbowl with Rodgers as your QB over ten years was embarrassing in my view.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. I would be impressed if Jerry hired him.

But he’s not going to be able to name his entire staff and he’ll be undermined by Jerry much like Bill ultimately was.

Sorry, after 25 years my hope is exhausted.

Perhaps to a lesser degree. He'll rely on the opinions of his new coach heavilly or what the hecks the point?

Swagger

Reaction score
Ok Garrett wasted some years with Romo but he didn't have the freedom McCarthy had in Green bay.

I'm not a Garrett fan in any way and he had to go but I wouldn't be surprised if McCarrthy had a similar record with us as Garrett should he be brought in.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It depends how people view it.

I see it as though Rodgers should have won three superbowls by now. It wasn't just on McCarthy as Ted Thompson and Capers made serious mistakes as well. But McCarthy was the Head Coach and for a large period the play caller.

To only win one superbowl with Rodgers as your QB over ten years was embarrassing in my view.

I'm no expert on GB and their failings by year. I know their was friction between the FO and McCarthy and McCarthy and Rodgers...........he reminds me a lot of Andy Reid. We all thought that he was washed up, but he just needed a change of scenery.

Swagger

Reaction score
I'm no expert on GB and their failings by year. I know their was friction between the FO and McCarthy and McCarthy and Rodgers...........he reminds me a lot of Andy Reid. We all thought that he was washed up, but he just needed a change of scenery.
Perhaps and I see the angle with Andy Reid.

I do actually rate Reid.

In reality McCarthy might be the best type of coach that we can attract given the likely working conditions.

He's a punchbag so a big tick straight off the bat for Jerry. I think he would and has seemingly already got on very well with Jerry. Old boys club. He would be thankful of another chance as let's not jazz it up - he didn't coach this season - personal choice or nobody wanted him? So given he would be thankful of a second chance he's more likely to let Jerry continue controlling team affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.