Twitter: NFL Network and Youtube have a reached a carriage agreement

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now, they need to yank NFL ST from DTV, or allow other providers to show all NFL games. Let them compete price wise.
And not buy as a package for all games, let fans buy only the games they want to see. However if a complete package for all games, will be a step in the right direction.

Allow DTV, You Tube, Hulu, others, even networks that show the games. Say if it was on FOX let them have a chance to get pay per view, if the games is on CBS, let them have their games. Out of market only of course.

Jipper

Reaction score
Now, they need to yank NFL ST from DTV, or allow other providers to show all NFL games. Let them compete price wise.
And not buy as a package for all games, let fans buy only the games they want to see. However if a complete package for all games, will be a step in the right direction.

Allow DTV, You Tube, Hulu, others, even networks that show the games. Say if it was on FOX let them have a chance to get pay per view, if the games is on CBS, let them have their games. Out of market only of course.

amen, i would love that....nothing would make me happier than being able to get rid of DTV...the only reason i keep them is due to the ST.

Also, i live in a market where about 50-75% of the games are shown (including prime time) and i would like to be able to make a week by week decision on whether to pay for it....frankly i dont care about other games and will only watch if it has fantasty implications or is a really good match up

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, that would be a good start. Stop bleeding the fans or preventing their access.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I noticed this week that I've been able to stream Good Morning Football and NFL Total Access live on my XBox while working out too.

Never was able to do that previously.

johneric8

Reaction score
I was a directv customer for nearly 20 years at least and I just went through the long process of running cat6 internet lines to all my rooms with TV's and upgraded to a 400 gig internet package through my internet provider. I bought a brand new 70" TCL 4k TV and also 2 Roku ultra's for my other 2 tv's that weren't smart. Let me just say it was a lot of work having to actually get directv to let me cancel, and then I had to mail them all the equipment back. But now that I'm done my TV experience with youtubetv is absolutely amazing quite honestly. I don't like that they raised the price but I don't mind paying it because it works much better for me, plus the interface is so much more modern and easy to do things with. Directv never updated much and I love the fact that youtubetv will keep getting better. If it wasn't for needing to be able to DVR my local channels I might not even need youtubetv with all the free stuff out there. I can always use my off air antenna but I can't dvr that so youtubetv gives me this flexibility...

I'm excited to have the NFL network though because I hate missing games that air on thursday, plus all the 24 hour access to NFL news. For anyone thinking about switching from satellite I strongly suggest doing so and checking out youtubetv. It also records programs that start or end late, you don't have to worry about setting extra time, ETC..

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was a directv customer for nearly 20 years at least and I just went through the long process of running cat6 internet lines to all my rooms with TV's and upgraded to a 400 gig internet package through my internet provider. I bought a brand new 70" TCL 4k TV and also 2 Roku ultra's for my other 2 tv's that weren't smart. Let me just say it was a lot of work having to actually get directv to let me cancel, and then I had to mail them all the equipment back. But now that I'm done my TV experience with youtubetv is absolutely amazing quite honestly. I don't like that they raised the price but I don't mind paying it because it works much better for me, plus the interface is so much more modern and easy to do things with. Directv never updated much and I love the fact that youtubetv will keep getting better. If it wasn't for needing to be able to DVR my local channels I might not even need youtubetv with all the free stuff out there. I can always use my off air antenna but I can't dvr that so youtubetv gives me this flexibility...

I'm excited to have the NFL network though because I hate missing games that air on thursday, plus all the 24 hour access to NFL news. For anyone thinking about switching from satellite I strongly suggest doing so and checking out youtubetv. It also records programs that start or end late, you don't have to worry about setting extra time, ETC..
I've thought about switching providers from ATT Uverse to Spectrum internet only and then adding Youtubetv as the main channel provider. Lots of people at work say it's the way to go. How much are you paying for Youtubetv now?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Enlighten me, If I wanna watch the NFLN on YT TV its 65$ a month, what's the big deal?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I can always use my off air antenna but I can't dvr that

Sure you can. There's lots of boxes out there that let you do that. I have one that records from the box onto a USB external hard drive so I can watch the content from my TV or on my laptop if need be. That's how I record the games and pull content to my laptop to make GIFs to show that posters here were WRONG about a bad call CONSPIRACY! against Dallas they were floating, lol.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Idk why fans want this.

You want to pay $20 a game? Even if you ONLY watch Cowboys games, we're talking about $80/mo, not including whatever other cable packages you have.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Idk why fans want this.

You want to pay $20 a game? Even if you ONLY watch Cowboys games, we're talking about $80/mo, not including whatever other cable packages you have.
Because I would surpass that going to a bar...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Because I would surpass that going to a bar...
Well for one thing you don't have to spend $20 at a bar, that's a choice. You don't exactly need the 4th beer lol. But if you're at a bar, you can watch way more than 1 game, so it's not really a 1:1 comparison.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idk why fans want this.

no one said it would be $20 a game. Just make stuff up?
I said it would be nice to have the option of paying for single games.
Maybe someone gets all the games but 2, so if at $20 they pay only $40 total, not $80 a month.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I've thought about switching providers from ATT Uverse to Spectrum internet only and then adding Youtubetv as the main channel provider. Lots of people at work say it's the way to go. How much are you paying for Youtubetv now?
64.99. If I add RedZone it will be 74.99

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Maybe someone gets all the games but 2, so if at $20 they pay only $40 total, not $80 a month.
I mean what do you think they're going to charge? It's not they're going to be cheap.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
So then 20$ a game?

We have the option of paying for a single day of Sunday ticket now. We have for a long time.

Problem is it’s now like 80$ for one day now. It Used to be 49$ which was good if they only didn’t show a couple of games in your area.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Well for one thing you don't have to spend $20 at a bar, that's a choice. You don't exactly need the 4th beer lol. But if you're at a bar, you can watch way more than 1 game, so it's not really a 1:1 comparison.

I only go to a bar to watch one game. And in the Northeast the Bars don't let you squat there without buying.