Twitter: NFL Network and Youtube have a reached a carriage agreement

jrumann59

Reaction score
no one said it would be $20 a game. Just make stuff up?
I said it would be nice to have the option of paying for single games.
Maybe someone gets all the games but 2, so if at $20 they pay only $40 total, not $80 a month.
NFL should allow a pay per view for out of market games. Cable providers have access to the game but are not allowed to show it.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I only go to a bar to watch one game. And in the Northeast the Bars don't let you squat there without buying.
It doesn't matter if you go to watch one game, there is more than one on. I know, but it doesn't mean you have to spend more than $20.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
64.99. If I add RedZone it will be 74.99
So, ten bucks more. Uverse cancelled access to some NFL channels. I currently pay $220 monthly - lots of wasted stuff I never watch. Can't remember last time I watched their TV channels. Probably a game or two last year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean what do you think they're going to charge? It's not they're going to be cheap.

probably at least $9.95 a game, I would be surprised if any less. Though they would get more to buy. But just can’t see $20 per game. I think $7.95 per game would be a fair price.
NFL ST is like $300 for the season I think
So at $17 per week for all games. That is around $1.50 per Sunday game. But can’t watch them all at once. LOL They may try to force fans to do that. Buy all games, not individual, if offered on different platforms.

But as I posted, many May only need to pay for a handful of games anyway. So at at 6 games, it is $60 to, even $120 for your team only, as opposed to $300 for games you may not care about.

I love the concept of access to all the games. I had ST for 17 years. Even living in the DFW area, if I was not traveling for work. Then I Used the app to watch on my laptop or hook it to the hotel TV.

now I refuse to pay their full price. I will call them in a few days to see if I can get it free again. Last year they would not do it. But reduced my bill by $35 a month. Now if they do that again, I may consider getting it, as it would be like paying $15 a month for 6 months.

I like to watch the Bengals and any more competitive games than what is on locally. Especially come playoff push time.

Plankton

Reaction score
Now, they need to yank NFL ST from DTV, or allow other providers to show all NFL games. Let them compete price wise.
And not buy as a package for all games, let fans buy only the games they want to see. However if a complete package for all games, will be a step in the right direction.

Allow DTV, You Tube, Hulu, others, even networks that show the games. Say if it was on FOX let them have a chance to get pay per view, if the games is on CBS, let them have their games. Out of market only of course.

The NFL prefers exclusivity in their contracts - they believe that someone bidding for the sole rights will spend much more than if it were available on every outlet on an a la carte basis.

Brax

Reaction score
I was a directv customer for nearly 20 years at least and I just went through the long process of running cat6 internet lines to all my rooms with TV's and upgraded to a 400 gig internet package through my internet provider. I bought a brand new 70" TCL 4k TV and also 2 Roku ultra's for my other 2 tv's that weren't smart. Let me just say it was a lot of work having to actually get directv to let me cancel, and then I had to mail them all the equipment back. But now that I'm done my TV experience with youtubetv is absolutely amazing quite honestly. I don't like that they raised the price but I don't mind paying it because it works much better for me, plus the interface is so much more modern and easy to do things with. Directv never updated much and I love the fact that youtubetv will keep getting better. If it wasn't for needing to be able to DVR my local channels I might not even need youtubetv with all the free stuff out there. I can always use my off air antenna but I can't dvr that so youtubetv gives me this flexibility...

I'm excited to have the NFL network though because I hate missing games that air on thursday, plus all the 24 hour access to NFL news. For anyone thinking about switching from satellite I strongly suggest doing so and checking out youtubetv. It also records programs that start or end late, you don't have to worry about setting extra time, ETC..
Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Up here in Canada we have a streaming service calles DAZN with rights to nfl. They're pretty massive, already nabbing other major leagues like English Premier League, Uefa Champions League, etc. Problem is they don't have a way for subscribers to use all-22 which frustrating. And they don't have some simple options like "play from start" incase you get to a game late. You have to go to live and push the bar to the start, hoping you don't see the score by accident

johneric8

Reaction score
I've thought about switching providers from ATT Uverse to Spectrum internet only and then adding Youtubetv as the main channel provider. Lots of people at work say it's the way to go. How much are you paying for Youtubetv now?

Hey bud... First off, I can not suggest to you enough to do what I did.. I was hooked on directv, but finally realized that I tired of the interface, the bad customer service, and especially how hard it is to navigate and find the programs you want. With the setup I have now, I have one remote that controls EVERYTHING, including my surround speakers... I can go from APP to APP quickly and be streaming anything without fail. Spectrum is what I use and it's very fast and believe it or not has better customer service that At&t or Directv.

I think I pay $64 a month for Youtubetv, but this is one of those expenses that I actually feel like I'm getting well more than my money's worth. The DVR is unlimited and you can record as many shows at the same time as you want!!! You can also share it with I think 3 other people which can save you money if you want to share it. You can stream from 3 different locations or devices at a time which is amazing... There are less channels but some better ones that Directv, so it really comes down to what you can live without, but the functionality and speed of doing things is incredible.. You can find tons of movies at the drop of a hat and fill up your dvr with all kinds of stuff quickly and easily. Like I said, the interface it so refreshing.

superonyx

Reaction score
The NFL prefers exclusivity in their contracts - they believe that someone bidding for the sole rights will spend much more than if it were available on every outlet on an a la carte basis.
This is exactly why Directv has the exclusive rights to sunday ticket.
If any regional cable provider bought the exclusive rights it would cause millions of people who live outside of this operators to not be able to access the games.

Plenty of reasons to believe this will change soon. I believe the contract is almost over with Directv.
Most cable companies are looking to unbundle tv service. Its a loss leader. As much as you may not realize it, the cable company is not making money on your tv services. The networks greed has created this situation. The same greed that will cause youtube tv and any other streaming service to keep raising prices year after year. Youtube tv increased $30 in the last year.

Its not the service provider folks. Its the networks.

I am on the inside of this industry and have been for 15 years. Cut the cord... We don't care. We will help you.

johneric8

Reaction score
Sure you can. There's lots of boxes out there that let you do that. I have one that records from the box onto a USB external hard drive so I can watch the content from my TV or on my laptop if need be. That's how I record the games and pull content to my laptop to make GIFs to show that posters here were WRONG about a bad call CONSPIRACY! against Dallas they were floating, lol.

Yes I'm aware of that, but I'm loving that I have no extra boxes or equipment, just the TV.. Having said that, even if I got a dvr or hardrive for my off air, I wouldn't trust my signal since it sometimes pixelates.. Youtubetv is awesome for me because it records my shows no matter what the weather is like.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Hey bud... First off, I can not suggest to you enough to do what I did.. I was hooked on directv, but finally realized that I tired of the interface, the bad customer service, and especially how hard it is to navigate and find the programs you want. With the setup I have now, I have one remote that controls EVERYTHING, including my surround speakers... I can go from APP to APP quickly and be streaming anything without fail. Spectrum is what I use and it's very fast and believe it or not has better customer service that At&t or Directv.

I think I pay $64 a month for Youtubetv, but this is one of those expenses that I actually feel like I'm getting well more than my money's worth. The DVR is unlimited and you can record as many shows at the same time as you want!!! You can also share it with I think 3 other people which can save you money if you want to share it. You can stream from 3 different locations or devices at a time which is amazing... There are less channels but some better ones that Directv, so it really comes down to what you can live without, but the functionality and speed of doing things is incredible.. You can find tons of movies at the drop of a hat and fill up your dvr with all kinds of stuff quickly and easily. Like I said, the interface it so refreshing.
I will co-sign on this YTTV is in my view the best cord cutting service out there, especially with the addition of NFLN and Redzone.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
Haven't had NFL network for months because of a dispute with dish network. Same thing with fox. Going have to go with illegal streams this year.

conner01

Reaction score
Now, they need to yank NFL ST from DTV, or allow other providers to show all NFL games. Let them compete price wise.
And not buy as a package for all games, let fans buy only the games they want to see. However if a complete package for all games, will be a step in the right direction.

Allow DTV, You Tube, Hulu, others, even networks that show the games. Say if it was on FOX let them have a chance to get pay per view, if the games is on CBS, let them have their games. Out of market only of course.
To me this could be a huge revenue boost for the nfl
Not everyone has direct and the numbers who do is shrinking fast
A streaming service that is open to everyone on the planet could bring huge revenue
I’d sell by team or a package of teams or a full nfl package
This could be huge

conner01

Reaction score
NFL should allow a pay per view for out of market games. Cable providers have access to the game but are not allowed to show it.
Just think of the increased revenue that could bring
Direct is losing customers left and right
A streaming service opens up a huge US market that doesn’t have direct and an international market as well

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Haven't had NFL network for months because of a dispute with dish network. Same thing with fox. Going have to go with illegal streams this year.

I had Sunday ticket since the 90’s, last year I went this route with my AppleTv and my iphone and it worked out perfect.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I was a directv customer for nearly 20 years at least and I just went through the long process of running cat6 internet lines to all my rooms with TV's and upgraded to a 400 gig internet package through my internet provider. I bought a brand new 70" TCL 4k TV and also 2 Roku ultra's for my other 2 tv's that weren't smart.

Funny, I did the same thing about a year ago because I finally had a chance to cancel DirecTV. I live in Los Angeles and I got every game except the final one against the Commanders. I got YoutubeTV and the NFL Direct $99 on @xwalker's advice and the Commanders game was the only time I used the NFL app to watch.

blueblood70

Reaction score
awesome i have YouTube TV and thats one channel i hated having to stream on aside loaded app as it wasnt always watchable. Now im paying the same price for an added channel i wanted..i was upset at YT TV raising the prices last month but now this relives some irritation..

:yourock::bow:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Funny, I did the same thing about a year ago because I finally had a chance to cancel DirecTV. I live in Los Angeles and I got every game except the final one against the Commanders. I got YoutubeTV and the NFL Direct $99 on @xwalker's advice and the Commanders game was the only time I used the NFL app to watch.
I've pretty had that package since 1996 when I went Sunday Ticket only before they stopped allowing that. Fortunatly I was grand fathered in so I get NFL ticket without DirectTV service.

The down side is that I never upgraded my box, dish and transponders so it was always low def, until the streaming hit a few years ago.

So last Feb I found myself in Ft. Drum, NY at the base because upstate NY got 3 feet of snow and it was too much to even snowmobile in until the groomers broke through. So I bought an LG high def (Q-LED) for a killer price at the PX.

I also hard wired my house and I have legit 200MB internet (We also cut the cord and have Hulu). Wouldn't you know this freaking $1500 (I paid $899) TV only has a 100 MB ethernet port!!! I mean really! It works fine, but come on, cheap laptop, computers, etc all have 1GB ethernet ports on them.

Hope all is well Kaiser.