Twitter: NFL Network and Youtube have a reached a carriage agreement

rags747

Reaction score
I was a directv customer for nearly 20 years at least and I just went through the long process of running cat6 internet lines to all my rooms with TV's and upgraded to a 400 gig internet package through my internet provider. I bought a brand new 70" TCL 4k TV and also 2 Roku ultra's for my other 2 tv's that weren't smart. Let me just say it was a lot of work having to actually get directv to let me cancel, and then I had to mail them all the equipment back. But now that I'm done my TV experience with youtubetv is absolutely amazing quite honestly. I don't like that they raised the price but I don't mind paying it because it works much better for me, plus the interface is so much more modern and easy to do things with. Directv never updated much and I love the fact that youtubetv will keep getting better. If it wasn't for needing to be able to DVR my local channels I might not even need youtubetv with all the free stuff out there. I can always use my off air antenna but I can't dvr that so youtubetv gives me this flexibility...

I'm excited to have the NFL network though because I hate missing games that air on thursday, plus all the 24 hour access to NFL news. For anyone thinking about switching from satellite I strongly suggest doing so and checking out youtubetv. It also records programs that start or end late, you don't have to worry about setting extra time, ETC..
Same here, DTV from about 97-2018 in NY. Moved to Sarasota 2019 and for the first time I did not have all of the Cowboy games. YouTube, you can get all of the individual games now and at what price?

Kaiser

Reaction score
I've pretty had that package since 1996 when I went Sunday Ticket only before they stopped allowing that. Fortunatly I was grand fathered in so I get NFL ticket without DirectTV service..

Hope you are well too. For me it was really about the fact I had just gotten to hate DirecTV, so for me it was cancel first, figure out the NFL second. Its worked out, but also sometimes I'm too busy to see the game live and watch it a few hours late. That works out for the NFL's online package.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Funny, I did the same thing about a year ago because I finally had a chance to cancel DirecTV. I live in Los Angeles and I got every game except the final one against the Commanders. I got YoutubeTV and the NFL Direct $99 on @xwalker's advice and the Commanders game was the only time I used the NFL app to watch.
I suspect Directv is a company in severe decline. Not even sure if that company exists in it’s current form in 5-10 years.

Flamma

Reaction score
I only go to a bar to watch one game. And in the Northeast the Bars don't let you squat there without buying.

But you're actually getting something for your money and the game. As opposed to paying and not getting beer. Me personally, I'm not giving youtube a dime. I get all but maybe 2 Cowboys games a year. Those two I stream. The money I spend is on the beer, not the game.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I suspect Directv is a company in severe decline. Not even sure if that company exists in it’s current form in 5-10 years.

Directtv used to be good, that is at least until ATT acquired them several years ago. Word on the street is ATT may be selling DTV soon.

johneric8

Reaction score
Same here, DTV from about 97-2018 in NY. Moved to Sarasota 2019 and for the first time I did not have all of the Cowboy games. YouTube, you can get all of the individual games now and at what price?

I think there is market restrictions though in terms of local broadcast. So if you subscribe to youtubetv you will get florida's channels and not Dallas..

By the way I'm jealous you live in Sarasota.. I use to tour their with my band and I found Siesta Keys one of the most amazing places I've ever been..