NFL Network on Sirius has Dmac

rags747

Reaction score
falling to Carolina at #13 in their latest mock. I believe its Kirwin and his sidekick. This was in their new mock on Friday.

Does Jerry pull the trigger once Dmac is out of the top 10? How about you?
I think Jerry pulls the trigger if he knows for sure that both Boldin and Williams will not be available for a #1.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
If the Pacman deal is done and a vet WR is not available, then yes its possible. I put it at 50-50 if he drops from the top 10.

pgreptom

Reaction score
Honestly, if McFadden drops past 10 - Yeah, I expect Jerry to make a play for him. Especially if we sign Pacman.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
rags747;2034364 said:
falling to Carolina at #13 in their latest mock. I believe its Kirwin and his sidekick. This was in their new mock on Friday.

I think Jerry pulls the trigger if he knows for sure that both Boldin and Williams will not be available for a #1.
Yes, I think he would.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
rags747;2034364 said:

you know that story of buying beachfront property in Arizona?

you have the same odds of that as McFadden falling out of the top 10

David

Scotman

Reaction score
And honestly, I would want him to if he fell out of the the top ten. I'm not sure any of the players are worth a top 5 pick anymore. Not unless you had a crystal ball and could truly tell who would have a hall of fame type career.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rags747;2034364 said:

That is a very legit question.

But I don't see any way DMAC falls that far. I've not heard or seen a mock until this one where he makes it to 10.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
dbair1967;2034376 said:

David

NFL Network had Lombardi (used to be with the Raiders) on the other night and he had him going #9 to Cincinnatti in his mock. He expects an early run on OL and DL. So a "slide" out of the top 10 is not an impossibilty.

With all the good RBs available in this draft, teams up high may decide to wait for RB until later.

Who would have ever believed 2 weeks before last year's draft that Brady Quinn would fall out of the top 20? You could have won a fortune betting on that to happen.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
He would never reach #10. Jerry would make the deal at 7-8-9

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
I see a few options for the Cowboys during the draft:

Option 1: Trading up for DMac. Someway, somehow. If we do, then both 1st round picks could be gone and most likely a player.

Option 2: Staying at 22 (possible trade down for another 2nd and 2009 1st with someone) and drafting a CB most likely. Then, at 28, seeing if a player that Detriot or Arizona wants is there and pulling the trigger on a trade for Williams or Boldin.

Option 3: Drafting at 22 and 28.

Option 4: Drafting at 22 and trading down with 28.

There will be other options that will come up as the draft continues, but these four are the most likely to take place IMO. Thats why I believe that Williams or Boldin won't happen until the clock is started on that 28th pick.

I think option 2 will unfold in 2 weeks.

Thoughts?

Bizwah

Reaction score
You never know what teams are going to think, want, etc.....

It's certainly possible for him to drop below ten. This is a very strong RB class. I think teams at the top might think that a comparable back may be available in rounds two or three.

But then again, teams will look at the year AP had and want to duplicate it.

If DMAC slides past the Jets, then I think we try to strike a deal with the Pats at seven.

ddh33

Reaction score
I still can't see him falling too far...But if he does fall, I think Jerry is going to working the whole way.

Like I said in another thread, I think Dallas has a lot of irons in the fire right now.

There is the Pacman stuff.
There is the veteran wide receiver stuff.
There is the McFadden stuff.
And they still have two picks to make sure they use their assets wisely.

I know we have to wait until draft day to figure this all out, but I think some of this stuff is going to have to be sorted out before then. The two picks are easy - just set your board.

But I think they'll need a good idea about the receiver, one way or the other.

I think that is why they want this Pacman thing getting resolved before then too, even if his situation is not entirely resolved until Goodell says so.

Bizwah

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;2034396 said:
I see a few options for the Cowboys during the draft:

Option 1: Trading up for DMac. Someway, somehow. If we do, then both 1st round picks could be gone and most likely a player.

Option 2: Staying at 22 (possible trade down for another 2nd and 2009 1st with someone) and drafting a CB most likely. Then, at 28, seeing if a player that Detriot or Arizona wants is there and pulling the trigger on a trade for Williams or Boldin.

Option 3: Drafting at 22 and 28.

Option 4: Drafting at 22 and trading down with 28.

There will be other options that will come up as the draft continues, but these four are the most likely to take place IMO. Thats why I believe that Williams or Boldin won't happen until the clock is started on that 28th pick.

I think option 2 will unfold in 2 weeks.

Thoughts?

I like number two the best as well. Hopefully, it's not just a fan boy's dream to pick up Boldin or Roy Williams.

But I think there's a greater possibility of us coming away with DMAC than Boldin or Williams.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2034391 said:
NFL Network had Lombardi (used to be with the Raiders) on the other night and he had him going #9 to Cincinnatti in his mock. He expects an early run on OL and DL. So a "slide" out of the top 10 is not an impossibilty.

With all the good RBs available in this draft, teams up high may decide to wait for RB until later.

Who would have ever believed 2 weeks before last year's draft that Brady Quinn would fall out of the top 20? You could have won a fortune betting on that to happen.

Yeah I saw his mock when he did it too...was surprised a little

as for Quinn, I still think he went right about where he was supposed to go

David

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2034391 said:

Yep. Same with Aaron Rodgers, Steven Jackson, and even Matt Leinart was supposed to be a top 2-3 pick.

Every year man, every year.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2034386 said:
That is a very legit question.

But I don't see any way DMAC falls that far. I've not heard or seen a mock until this one where he makes it to 10.

If you had then it wouldn't be considered "Falling". Instead it would just be where he is projected to go.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
dbair1967;2034376 said:

David

dbair1967;2034406 said:
Yeah I saw his mock when he did it too...was surprised a little

as for Quinn, I still think he went right about where he was supposed to go

David

David,
Don't give up yet. Keep the Faith. :)

I was looking at the value chart today (yes, I know everyone is now saying to ignore it; but it's still useful) and the combined value of our 2 #1 picks get you right to the #5 or #6 spot. It's not out of the realm of impossiblity.

In fact, it looks almost certain that DMac won't go in the top 5 if there isn't a trade with the top 5 teams.

rags747

Reaction score
This is the 1st mock that I have heard of him out of the top 10 as well. It was on Sirius and I know it was Pat Kirwin the former Jets GM and I forget the other guy that works with him.

This was their 3rd go round on their mock. They started about 3 wks ago. Anyway basically due to a lot of defensive line risers and offensive lineman.

Boy do I hope this plays out like this. Dmac is better than any two 1st we could possible get at 22 and 28. Now if we can get Roy williams for a 1 then I'm probably leaning that way but I doubt that happens.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that he falls to #13 but if he does get that far than id like to trade up for him